[APP][2.2+] Qcktag - quickly tag phone numbers. Now with caller ID.

Search This thread

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
Hello all! My new app Qcktag is on the Play Store now - let me know what you think.

HqVJ536.png

Material design!
KVPEKmH.png

*** Now with Qcktag Caller ID - known tags are shown when receiving/making calls! Enable it in Preferences. ***

What is it?
How often have you needed to save a phone number that you needed only for a short while?

You would add it to your contact list and clutter your contact list and it keeps growing uncontrollably. It would be difficult to find a contact from all the unwanted numbers that you just needed temporarily. Or you would not add it to the contact list and struggle through the call history to find that number when you want to give a call back.

A dilemma isn’t it? Qcktag to the rescue!

Every time you complete a call from/to an unknown number, Qcktag will ask you for a quick tag you can attach to the phone number. Tagged numbers are not sent to the contact list, but are accessible through the main Qcktag application.

Features
  • Material design!
  • Works for both incoming and outgoing calls
  • Works for incoming SMS too!
  • Option for either a notification or a popup asking for the tag
  • ‘Tag Later’ - option to save all numbers as untagged and you can tag them later
  • Qcktag Caller ID - For tagged numbers, if you receive/make calls to them, the tag will be displayed when call is initiated or received.
  • Option to tag all numbers or only unknown numbers
  • Add tags manually, from existing contact or from call history!
  • If adding from existing contact, option is available to remove from contact list.
  • Quickly search for tags
  • Quickly call or message a tagged number. You can also share tags and add tags as calendar events
  • Option to add to contacts if you eventually find out it is a number worth keeping
  • Android Wear support! Now tag your phone calls with voice from your Android Wear watch
  • Backup and restore tags and preferences

If you find any bugs or mistakes in the application, please send me an email with your feedback and I promise I will work on it promptly. Let’s squish those bugs together.

New update 11/20/2014.
In this release:
1. Some material design love!
2. Option to auto remove notification after specified time
3. Share a tag
4. Add tag as a calendar event
5. Sort tags
6. Better looking caller ID

New update 08/18/2014.
New in this release:
* New feature - Ignore list. You can now add numbers to ignore list. Qcktag will not ask for a tag for ignored numbers. You can add numbers to the ignore list from the notification (Kitkat and above) or from the Qcktag app. You can manage your ignore list by selecting 'Ignore list' from the menu.
* Fixed buggy notification
* Fixed conferencing bug
New update 08/14/2014.
New in this release:
* Now you can add tags manually, from existing contact or from call history!
* If adding from existing contact, option is available to remove the phone number or contact from the contact list after tagging.
* For this new feature, access 'New tag' from the menu.

New update 07/31/2014.
New in this release:
* New feature: Tag incoming SMS too
* New feature: A simple backup and restore functionality for both tags and preferences
* Major bug fix: fixed issue where qcktag did not show up when some conflicting apps were installed.

New update 07/16/2014.
New in this release:
* Most requested feature: Qcktag Caller ID! Now, Qcktags for tagged numbers will be displayed as an overlay during incoming and outgoing calls. Feature is disabled by default as it is experimental. Go to Preferences -> Qcktag Caller ID to enable.
* Accessibility improvements
* 'Add to contacts' now allows you to select existing contact or create new
* Bug fixes (duplicate notifications fixed)
* Small UI improvements

New update 07/13/2014.
In this release:
* Support for older devices - now Android Froyo (2.2+) and above.
* Android Wear support! Now tag your phone calls with voice from your Android Wear watch
* Better notifications - delete tags and launch app from notification now
* Bug fixes

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,551
  • 9.png
    9.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,526
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,424
  • 8.png
    8.png
    124 KB · Views: 1,367
  • 6.png
    6.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 923
  • 2.png
    2.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 682
  • 10.png
    10.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:

cproblems

Jul 11, 2014
Useful

Very useful app indeed - I would use it quite a bit. I was looking for something of this sort of an app. I like it, looks neat and works really well. Good that you kept the file size less than 500kb.

Bug I noticed: if I add a 'Touch to tag' item to contact list, the name in Add Contacts screen is showing as -DEF-. Maybe something that you use internally.

Also, maybe tag it later could be disabled by default for the free version?

boidsonly

Dec 18, 2011
@cproblems
Oops, yes - it is an internal code. It will be corrected in the next update.

Some nifty features are also planned soon - thanks for your feedback.

Can't tell you how many times I needed something like this to keep a number /contact for just for a day or two.

When perfected, Google needs to purchase this from you and integrate it with upcoming versions of Android-this is the sort of innovation that makes Apple look so lame...Well done!

SbM_

Nov 7, 2012
Excellent idea! I'll give it a try and will probably purchase the full version when/if I find it really useful (I don't have much doubt about it).

Would you like for me to localise the app into French?

elreason4

Apr 30, 2009
Chicago
I added an 'x' as a contact marker for similar quick but unimportant contact saving

You can tell it is a 'unimportant/temp' # from the 'x', and they are grouped for easy removing....good concept though...

samvithvr

Jul 28, 2012
Navi Mumbai
Fantastic work! Thanks dev! Was looking for this since a long time. Needed to store numbers of drivers etc. when on a trip and a million other use cases.

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
Incoming update

I just pushed an update to the app store!

In this release:
* Android Wear support! Now tag your phone calls with voice from your Android Wear watch
* Bug fixes

Let me know if you like the new notifications. Also if someone has Android Wear, please let me know if the voice tagging works. I do not have a Wear watch and the emulator did not support voice input. So, I am running a little blind here without feedback.

Thank you for all the feedback - I can't express how much it means to me.

Reactions: pirate11n11

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
Now Froyo and above 2.2+!

After a marathon coding session, I have managed to extend compatibility for older Android versions. The app now supports Android Froyo and above (2.2+)!

Maintaining backward compatibility is damn difficult! Don't worry, no functionality has been cut down from newer devices. They just work as before.

NOTE: I just pushed out the update. It should be available in the Play Store in a few hours.

Last edited:

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
Reactions: abhijitcp

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
Incoming update - 07/16/2014

New update 07/16/2014.

New in this release:
  • Most requested feature: Qcktag Caller ID! Now, Qcktags for tagged numbers will be displayed as an overlay during incoming and outgoing calls. Feature is disabled by default as it is experimental. Go to Preferences -> Qcktag Caller ID to enable.
  • Accessibility improvements
  • 'Add to contacts' now allows you to select existing contact or create new
  • Bug fixes (duplicate notifications fixed)
  • Small UI improvements

I just published the update. It should be available in a few hours.

Last edited:

abhijitcp

May 9, 2013
Bangalore
Superb work!

New update 07/16/2014.

New in this release:
  • Most requested feature: Qcktag Caller ID! Now, Qcktags for tagged numbers will be displayed as an overlay during incoming and outgoing calls. Feature is disabled by default as it is experimental. Go to Preferences -> Qcktag Caller ID to enable.
  • Accessibility improvements
  • 'Add to contacts' now allows you to select existing contact or create new
  • Bug fixes (duplicate notifications fixed)
  • Small UI improvements

I just published the update. It should be available in a few hours.

Got the update!!! Makes it complete now! Great work!

alex7999

Feb 4, 2010
Tried to use it for a week note. Not a single pop-up or notification! It simply doesn't work on my SGS3, Android 4.3! What can possibly be wrong?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Tried to use it for a week now. Not a single pop-up or notification! It simply doesn't work on my SGS3, Android 4.3! What can possibly be wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! My new app Qcktag is on the Play Store now - let me know what you think.

HqVJ536.png

Material design!
    KVPEKmH.png

*** Now with Qcktag Caller ID - known tags are shown when receiving/making calls! Enable it in Preferences. ***

What is it?
    How often have you needed to save a phone number that you needed only for a short while?

You would add it to your contact list and clutter your contact list and it keeps growing uncontrollably. It would be difficult to find a contact from all the unwanted numbers that you just needed temporarily. Or you would not add it to the contact list and struggle through the call history to find that number when you want to give a call back.

A dilemma isn’t it? Qcktag to the rescue!

Every time you complete a call from/to an unknown number, Qcktag will ask you for a quick tag you can attach to the phone number. Tagged numbers are not sent to the contact list, but are accessible through the main Qcktag application.

Features
    • Material design!
    • Works for both incoming and outgoing calls
    • Works for incoming SMS too!
    • Option for either a notification or a popup asking for the tag
    • ‘Tag Later’ - option to save all numbers as untagged and you can tag them later
    • Qcktag Caller ID - For tagged numbers, if you receive/make calls to them, the tag will be displayed when call is initiated or received.
    • Option to tag all numbers or only unknown numbers
    • Add tags manually, from existing contact or from call history!
    • If adding from existing contact, option is available to remove from contact list.
    • Quickly search for tags
    • Quickly call or message a tagged number. You can also share tags and add tags as calendar events
    • Option to add to contacts if you eventually find out it is a number worth keeping
    • Android Wear support! Now tag your phone calls with voice from your Android Wear watch
    • Backup and restore tags and preferences

If you find any bugs or mistakes in the application, please send me an email with your feedback and I promise I will work on it promptly. Let’s squish those bugs together.

New update 11/20/2014.
    In this release:
    1. Some material design love!
    2. Option to auto remove notification after specified time
    3. Share a tag
    4. Add tag as a calendar event
    5. Sort tags
    6. Better looking caller ID

New update 08/18/2014.
    New in this release:
    * New feature - Ignore list. You can now add numbers to ignore list. Qcktag will not ask for a tag for ignored numbers. You can add numbers to the ignore list from the notification (Kitkat and above) or from the Qcktag app. You can manage your ignore list by selecting 'Ignore list' from the menu.
    * Fixed buggy notification
    * Fixed conferencing bug
    New update 08/14/2014.
    New in this release:
    * Now you can add tags manually, from existing contact or from call history!
    * If adding from existing contact, option is available to remove the phone number or contact from the contact list after tagging.
    * For this new feature, access 'New tag' from the menu.

New update 07/31/2014.
    New in this release:
    * New feature: Tag incoming SMS too
    * New feature: A simple backup and restore functionality for both tags and preferences
    * Major bug fix: fixed issue where qcktag did not show up when some conflicting apps were installed.

New update 07/16/2014.
    New in this release:
    * Most requested feature: Qcktag Caller ID! Now, Qcktags for tagged numbers will be displayed as an overlay during incoming and outgoing calls. Feature is disabled by default as it is experimental. Go to Preferences -> Qcktag Caller ID to enable.
    * Accessibility improvements
    * 'Add to contacts' now allows you to select existing contact or create new
    * Bug fixes (duplicate notifications fixed)
    * Small UI improvements

New update 07/13/2014.
    In this release:
    * Support for older devices - now Android Froyo (2.2+) and above.
    * Bug fixes
    @cproblems
    Oops, yes - it is an internal code. It will be corrected in the next update.

Some nifty features are also planned soon - thanks for your feedback.
    Incoming update

I just pushed an update to the app store!

In this release:
    * Bug fixes

Let me know if you like the new notifications. Also if someone has Android Wear, please let me know if the voice tagging works. I do not have a Wear watch and the emulator did not support voice input. So, I am running a little blind here without feedback.

Thank you for all the feedback - I can't express how much it means to me.
    Don't forget to send me the strings so I can localize it into French, mate! :)
    Sweet app! Thanks. Any chance of an update including text messages?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app