[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2spr [build 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dtr145r

Nov 11, 2010
Pennsylvania
does roam control work on the latest version?
it does not on the latest cm versions.
id like to stay on an aosp rom but i need roam control to work.

something has changed with the 3.4 kernel which caused roam control to stop working .. :(

thanks.

Last edited:

Advertize

Jan 9, 2010
Indianapolis
does roam control work on the latest version?
it does not on the latest cm versions.
id like to stay on an aosp rom but i need roam control to work.

something has changed with the 3.4 kernel which caused roam control to stop working .. :(

thanks.

I have not noticed any issue there as I can make changes there any way I want without problems.

Advertize

Jan 9, 2010
Indianapolis
Getting some random screen flickering now and then. Might try the build.prop tweaks about GPU and such later.

I disabled hardware overlays and the flickering seemed to go away!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

It doesn't force roam for me which is a bummer

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Hey I just got an quick education on the "app" Roam Control and not the Settings roam control, ;)

Reactions: genaro12543

Fire Ball

Feb 7, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Just installed build 4 and it won't get past the boot animation. I'm doing a clean install and tried redownloading the ROM a few times to make sure it wasn't a bad download. Still doesn't work.

EDIT: It's all ROMs that won't boot.... Recovery works fine. Wtf.

Last edited:

diaftia

Mar 14, 2007
Danville, CA
Just installed build 4 and it won't get past the boot animation. I'm doing a clean install and tried redownloading the ROM a few times to make sure it wasn't a bad download. Still doesn't work.

EDIT: It's all ROMs that won't boot.... Recovery works fine. Wtf.

Wiping all partitions and starting fresh?

H418982

Oct 2, 2009
I just flashed build 4 and Disable hw overlays fixed my flickering but it was bad with keyboard open. Is anyone else using ktoonez kt747 kernel with slimrom? I tried to flash both aosp 4/11 kernels and it is just a black screen after gs3 logo.

Fire Ball

Feb 7, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Wiping all partitions and starting fresh?

Factory rest, wipe system, cache, and dalvik cache.
Nothing gets past the "Samsung Galaxy S3" boot screen anymore. Download mode & recovery work fine. I tried flashing a stock/rooted tar in Odin but it's still not working. I'm about to try using Odin again but with a fully stock tar.

Advertize

Jan 9, 2010
Indianapolis
I just flashed build 4 and Disable hw overlays fixed my flickering but it was bad with keyboard open. Is anyone else using ktoonez kt747 kernel with slimrom? I tried to flash both aosp 4/11 kernels and it is just a black screen after gs3 logo.

You might want to look at the post two pages prior on the kernels.
Even with hardware overlays disabled I am still getting random flickering.

H418982

Oct 2, 2009
You might want to look at the post two pages prior on the kernels.
Even with hardware overlays disabled I am still getting random flickering.

Sorry I missed the link in that post. Guess I will be patiently waiting for an updated kernel! Thanks for pointing that out.

Advertize

Jan 9, 2010
Indianapolis
Sorry I missed the link in that post. Guess I will be patiently waiting for an updated kernel! Thanks for pointing that out.

The only one I could get working was the test kernel from DKP. No issues though so far other than occasional screen flicker which seems to be hapopening on stock as well..

Advertize

Jan 9, 2010
Indianapolis
when kernels are updated to latest CM commits they will boot.

as for flicker, how to reproduce, any special app running, i havent seen any with or dirty or clean flash.

I have had random flickering doing a variety of things, nothing is consistant with it for me.

Even simple texting will flicker to the point where its annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    How To Install SlimBean
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog [here]

FAQ
    Check out our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place! Take a peek [here]

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look [here]

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits [here]

Source
    Please visit [here] for the source code.
    The feeling entitlement that some have is what ruins this whole thing called Android. Nothing discourages anyone more than some ass-hat posting some off the wall crap about what s/he wants, and wants it now. I had a guy tell me that I should manage my time more efficiently, rather than post in threads I should use that time to build Nightlies so he can keep up with CM Nightlies on Slim, WTF?

Anyway, maybe this will help lift some spirits, http://d-h.st/V9m <--- Linaro built kernel inside :silly:
    Got a PM the other day, I have been approved for RD status, go me! LOL

Thanks for all the help/feedback/testing, I couldnt do it without you guys!

For those who are curious about the 3.4 kernel, build4 will be the 3.4 kernel, it is now stable enough to put out in a build. the reason I stayed with the 3.0 is at the time of build3 release there were major issues with "freezes" on the 3.4 kernel. These are all gone now, and the phone call freeze, I haven't gotten one on 3.4 BUT, on the 3.0 kernel I have only gotten this once, so...