[Q] Note 2 Overheating Problem

Search This thread

chery2k

Jun 13, 2012
Bay Area
That's really strange about the original note, as I still have that phone laying around. Have you tried completely uninstalling epsxe? Also, what game in specific are you playing while it's becoming hot?

Its strange really. I played fpse and epsxe on stock jb and stock gb I get still get the same heating issues with any game. Its okay hopefully when I get the note 2 i wont have run to this.

aukhan

Feb 19, 2013
Bangalore
ajqi.com
Kind Off Solved on the new Updated i received MC3.

but still it gets heated but not as much as earlier :)

Hopefully in next update it will be solved:good: .

xartic12

Aug 21, 2012
You should install battery stats pro, well the free, and run the game on a fresh battery. If the game is causing the overheating, then it should be consuming far more battery than any other app.

DaSound

Oct 12, 2007
Madrid
The first time that it had overheating was browsing with Chrome Beta. In this time, I went to battery stats and I saw that Chrome consumed more battery in 4 minutes than screen.

In other tests, I observed that when I play with Virtua Tennis, sometimes had overheat and other times no.

I'm convinced that something don't works properly en la custom rom and it causes overheating.

Today I will be try test a new stock ROM, specifically a new base poland... I hope that overheating dissapears.

Regards!

Chillerhippie

Mar 29, 2013
Bradford
To stop your device from overheating, simply make sure you close all apps before you play the desired games and turn on power saving mode.

ankitstevie

Jun 28, 2013
phone heats up!

Hey guys I own Samsung note 2 Gt-n7100.2 weeks ago I got an update ota.it was just a minor update regarding stability of the phone.my phone runs on stock 4.1.2 JB.after this update my phone tends to heat up.both sides the back panel and screen even if im using it for some basic need like calling. In addition to this it takes a lot of time to get charged almost like 4-5 hours n after that the battery drains very fast.
Please help me.
Should I go to a service center? :rolleyes:

xperiaforme

Nov 9, 2010
Hey guys I own Samsung note 2 Gt-n7100.2 weeks ago I got an update ota.it was just a minor update regarding stability of the phone.my phone runs on stock 4.1.2 JB.after this update my phone tends to heat up.both sides the back panel and screen even if im using it for some basic need like calling. In addition to this it takes a lot of time to get charged almost like 4-5 hours n after that the battery drains very fast.
Please help me.

Hmm, intereyting, my phone just got a new MOBO after SDS and updated software and is not overheating.

asn39

Jul 15, 2011
Mumbai
I agree the phone heats up !!

Please help me.

yes bro it takes long to get charged but my battery doest drain so much I m mostly on wifi n tryin to put all effort to not charge phone everyday n I get 1 and half
day backup normally if I dun use browsing I might get upto 2
the battry is large so its normal I think and about heating yes upper part gets heated even while browsing
I have nt installed any heavy game but will do soon to test heating one thing I noticed was if the back of d mobile is coved like any back cover or if the mobile is kept on bed (again back side covered ) heat catches up as soon as I lift phone heat reduces
I might nt b correct :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When im playing nfs ..I also experience this one.. I guess it is normal..as long as the heat is tolerable and not too much

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
    Hello XDA,
    I have just bought Galaxy Note 2 (using the stock rom 4.1.2), on second day of use I have bought and installed "Need for Speed Most Wanted". After playing about 15 minutes the upper part of Note 2 (around of the camera) started to heat up then I have stopped the app so on that it have returned to normal heat. I am terrified, would you suggest me to bring it back to store? or it is normal? have you ever had overheating on your Note 2 before? :confused:
    (The mobile data was on, I was not running any apps on background, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi was off, brightness was full)

Thanks in advance! :)

Thats where the exynos processor is!
    It's a quad core'd beast phone without any external fans to cool off the heat. It would naturally get hot when playing GPU intensive games such as NFS.

In short its normal for it to get heated that much and all should be well.

Cheers! :D
    And also lower your brightness.. it eats alot of battery considering nfs is also a power hog.. they will make your phone really hot

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
    These are not problems, the heat has to go somewhere. The cpu operates safely even at temperatures above 80.

If your phone suddenly gets hot for no reason, your cpu is spiking probably because an app didn't release its lock on a high cpu frequency. Kill the rogue app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Does your upper half of the screen became hot also when you play NFS?

Yes. And the back around camera also. This is where CPU is located.