[Q] [SOLVED] unable to install custom roms !! please help

Search This thread

ahmedshazly

Apr 20, 2014
cairo
please accept my noobness !!

i'm using CWM v6.0.4.6 (i even face the same problem using TWRP) ..

i tried to install different types of kitkat roms including (carbon,slimkat,omni,resurrection),they all pass installation process and never pass boot animation !! it just sticks in the boot animation with no further progress...i wait for about 20 mins but nothing happens !!

please note that this problem started to arise after using aroma installer to install archiedroid rom based on stock -which is the only rom which works at the moment!!

i've tried to factory reset-wipe cache-wipe dalvik-removing memory card after flashing each rom !!

any reply will be highly appreciated!! thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Format before flashing in mounts and storage...
System
Data
Cache
Flash ROM
Flash 4.4.2 gapps
Reboot.
I use cwm 6.0.4.4 and have no problems. YOU WILL LOOSE DATA SO BACK UP :thumbup::thumbup:

SnowPluralism

Jan 11, 2012
Inside Your Mind
Use philz recovery.
And before flashing a ROM use the option to clean to install a new ROM.
Or just wipe preload.
I had that once and it happened because i had a swapfile on preload

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

Reactions: ahmedshazly

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Philz I don't like. I once wiped for new ROM and it wiped recovery too. Never used it since. Check md5 of ROM also using right gapps?? Preload can sometimes need a wipe. Also int sd card could too cause problems so wiping that could help to.

ahmedshazly

Apr 20, 2014
cairo
Use philz recovery.
Or just wipe preload.

formatting /preload
E : format_volume : make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
error formatting /preload!

that's what showed up !

ahmedshazly

Apr 20, 2014
cairo
Philz I don't like. I once wiped for new ROM and it wiped recovery too. Never used it since. Check md5 of ROM also using right gapps?? Preload can sometimes need a wipe. Also int sd card could too cause problems so wiping that could help to.

i checked MD5,it matched !!
i even tried to switch it on without flashing GAPPS,still same thing...as mentioned before only roms such as archidroid and SPR rom both based on stock samsung touchwiz and install using aroma!! other than that.... BOOT animation loop !!!!!

ahmedshazly

Apr 20, 2014
cairo
Use philz recovery.
Or just wipe preload.

you're a genius !!!! philz recovery did work !!! i simply pressed "clean to install a new rom" it worked like magic !!! thanks again :) !!

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
That good that it did that in preload.
S3 doesn't use preload but sometimes you may find something in there. You have two choice's either wipe int SD and flash ROM from ext sd or flash stock with odin which wipe wipe anyway. Back up int SD to PC or ext SD. So format sd then format system data cache then flash ROM/gapps. If no joy Odin flash will be a must. I think this will be something on you're int SD not allowing you to flash the ROM. This does happen with int SD as this has happened to me. @tarzan pointed this out,said format int then flash and had no problems since. Also use cwm 6.0.4.4 as I know this works well with tw or custom ROMs.

Reactions: ahmedshazly

vinson77

Jan 9, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing Philz recovery. It solved my quite frustrating problem in mounting & formatting the /preload partition. :) I can now install a custom rom again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use philz recovery.
    Or just wipe preload.

That good that it did that in preload.
    S3 doesn't use preload but sometimes you may find something in there. You have two choice's either wipe int SD and flash ROM from ext sd or flash stock with odin which wipe wipe anyway. Back up int SD to PC or ext SD. So format sd then format system data cache then flash ROM/gapps. If no joy Odin flash will be a must. I think this will be something on you're int SD not allowing you to flash the ROM. This does happen with int SD as this has happened to me. @tarzan pointed this out,said format int then flash and had no problems since. Also use cwm 6.0.4.4 as I know this works well with tw or custom ROMs.

yep,finally !! i flashed two roms in a row,lol !! thanks for help ;) !