[Q] Soft-Bricked my phone using One-Click stock restore - suceed 0 / failed 1 - HELP!

Search This thread

cjxsutton

Nov 3, 2011
Panama City Beach, FL
Was trying to unroot my phone and restore to factory... decided to go with the Odin 1-click 4.2.2 found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2629093

I'm using a mac and running the Odin 1-click (top subsection of OP in above link) through VMWare on Windows 7. It runs through the entire thing and says it pushed all the files and stuff and completed, but every time says succed 0 failed 1. I've downloaded the file several times from different locations, and run it about 15 times now.

Phone info-

IMIE: 356554053791865

SN: R31D81E817A

MODEL: SGH-I537

SKU: 6145A

16GB

FCC ID: A3LSGH1537

I also tried to use regular Odin software (pretty much every version of it) through VMWare to push the 4.3 files (found on the second to last subsection of OP on above link) individually - those never even get past Check MD5, just locks up there.

I also attempted to push the same individual files through JOdin3 on my MAC, but I don't have a PIT and JOdin3 is unable to pull it from my phone (probably because it's stuck in a soft brick state - can boot to download, but when powering on normally or booting to recovery I get the warning about failed firmware upgrade and to try to fix in Kies - which I can't.

Before I had 4.2.2 with MF3, rooted with the activeroot one click root from the website which you browse to on your phone.

straby187

Dec 13, 2009
I think you tried flashing ml2 4.4.2. If thats the case you have the locked 4.4.2 bootloader and you can not go back to 4.2.2, or atleast I could not.. you have to flash everything except BL in odin to 4.3 and go from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cjxsutton

Nov 3, 2011
Panama City Beach, FL
I took it to Best Buy at the Samsung station and they flashed it back with the stock ROM - then upgraded it to 4.4.2 KitKat cause they were feeling froggy. Free of charge plus the chick was super flirty.

Last edited: