[Q] Developer edition or Eu international ?

Search This thread

SulthanSuperTramp

Feb 6, 2012
Kanchipuram
I have a unlocked at&T htc one using it in india(with indian carrier sim) *bootloader-locked*
Im still in 4.1.2 and i didnt recieve any ota and at&t bloatwares annoying(cant use hotspot)

so i decided to root and customize it

1) update it manually to 4.4.2 with sense 6 using at&T latest ruu ,root it and remove bloatware flashing rar file (Q- will i be able to receive ota in future with bloatware removed or do i need to backup with titanium so i can reinstall it later when ota is on the air )

2)Convert it o developer edition (I heard battery is not good in developer edition and signal bar issues? + i know 4g bandwith changes -it doesnt matter)

3)convert it to eu international (since the at&t version doesnt show any updates)Q- doing this will reduce battery or any signal bar issues like in developer edition?

so which one is it 1 or 2 or 3
if i do step(1) i'm pretty sure i wont receive ota like before so i have to update manually evreytime (right?)
so either 2 or 3 tell me which one is it

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
"I have a unlocked at&T htc one using it in india(with indian carrier sim) *bootloader-locked*
Im still in 4.1.2 and i didnt recieve any ota and at&t bloatwares annoying(cant use hotspot)

1) update it manually to 4.4.2 with sense 6 using at&T latest ruu ,root it and remove bloatware flashing rar file (Q- will i be able to receive ota in future with bloatware removed or do i need to backup with titanium so i can reinstall it later when ota is on the air ) No@bloatware removed@ota,just do a nand back up of the rom.

2)Convert it o developer edition (I heard battery is not good in developer edition and signal bar issues? + i know 4g bandwith changes -it doesnt matter) Battery life is same as att build,same device just ones unlocked ones locked. Using in another country I would suggest converting to developer build and sim unlocking

3)convert it to eu international (since the at&t version doesnt show any updates)Q- doing this will reduce battery or any signal bar issues like in developer edition? No the bands are different and theres differences in bands etc, stick to the developer edition conversion as its same device with same bands etc

if i do step(1) i'm pretty sure i wont receive ota like before so i have to update manually evreytime (right?)
so either 2 or 3 tell me which one is it IF you change cid to brightstar and do the conversion you will get otas from them and not att

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SulthanSuperTramp

hafizimtiaz

I also bought a SIM-unlocked AT&T HTC One. It came with Android 4.3. I checked for software updates but none was available, while I know from HTC website that Android 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 is available for AT&T HTC One. I converted my device to Developer Edition and has been using it since. It has got the OTA to awesome Sense 6.0. No difference in battery life. My suggestion is, you should convert to Developer Edition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also bought a SIM-unlocked AT&T HTC One. It came with Android 4.3. I checked for software updates but none was available, while I know from HTC website that Android 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 is available for AT&T HTC One. I converted my device to Developer Edition and has been using it since. It has got the OTA to awesome Sense 6.0. No difference in battery life. My suggestion is, you should convert to Developer Edition.
    "I have a unlocked at&T htc one using it in india(with indian carrier sim) *bootloader-locked*

1) update it manually to 4.4.2 with sense 6 using at&T latest ruu ,root it and remove bloatware flashing rar file (Q- will i be able to receive ota in future with bloatware removed or do i need to backup with titanium so i can reinstall it later when ota is on the air ) No@bloatware removed@ota,just do a nand back up of the rom.

2)Convert it o developer edition (I heard battery is not good in developer edition and signal bar issues? + i know 4g bandwith changes -it doesnt matter) Battery life is same as att build,same device just ones unlocked ones locked. Using in another country I would suggest converting to developer build and sim unlocking

3)convert it to eu international (since the at&t version doesnt show any updates)Q- doing this will reduce battery or any signal bar issues like in developer edition? No the bands are different and theres differences in bands etc, stick to the developer edition conversion as its same device with same bands etc

so either 2 or 3 tell me which one is it IF you change cid to brightstar and do the conversion you will get otas from them and not att

Thanks in advance.