i9505 can't connect to 3g - mobile data issue

Search This thread

pseudobluz

Dec 19, 2011
Hi,

I've read dozen of similar threads but no solution so far.
My phone can't connect to 3G at all. The moment I switch to only WCDMA phone drops network completely.
Everything else works without a problem. I've tried other sim cards (same and other network) no difference.
Baseband and IMEI are OK.
I've tried flashing modems, stock firmwares and it's always the same.

Current state:

AP: I9505XXUFNB9
CP: I9505XXUFNB9
CSC: I9505OXXUFNB2

Please help, I'm running out of ideas.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
1. Make a backup of ur Internal Memory
2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
5. Knowing ur CSC, take a look for this firmware in Sammobile.com
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. If this not work, you can get it to repair :highfive:

pseudobluz

Dec 19, 2011
1. Make a backup of ur Internal Memory
2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
5. Knowing ur CSC, take a look for this firmware in Sammobile.com
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. If this not work, you can get it to repair :highfive:

Did already this before posting. I've read pretty much all threads with similar problems. Thanks anyway.
Any more ideas?
Maybe flash box can help it? At this point I'm really frustrated for not being able to fix this. Had several androids before (s and s2 also) and always managed to repair them. First time for everything :) For sure I'll take it to repair shop on Monday.

sergiomc22

Did already this before posting. I've read pretty much all threads with similar problems. Thanks anyway.
Any more ideas?
Maybe flash box can help it? At this point I'm really frustrated for not being able to fix this. Had several androids before (s and s2 also) and always managed to repair them. First time for everything :) For sure I'll take it to repair shop on Monday.

Same problem here. I have a S4 i9505 free of carriers. No 3G signal, only EDGE (2G).
I updated modem, nothing happened, Then updated firmware to the last one, and nothing. The problem is still there.

What can I do?

Last firmware installed: I9505XXUGNI2

angelob

Oct 31, 2014
When did you start experiencing this? Did you update your firmware and suddenly this happened? I too have the same problem. It started when I did sim unlock. I'm not able to fix it up to now.

pseudobluz

Dec 19, 2011
Same problem here. I have a S4 i9505 free of carriers. No 3G signal, only EDGE (2G).
I updated modem, nothing happened, Then updated firmware to the last one, and nothing. The problem is still there.

What can I do?

Last firmware installed: I9505XXUGNI2

In my case it was damaged EFS partition. The only way to repair it was using Box. So I would suggest the same to you. At least you'll save a lot of nerves :)

sergiomc22

In my case it was damaged EFS partition. The only way to repair it was using Box. So I would suggest the same to you. At least you'll save a lot of nerves :)

HI, thanks for your answer.
What is Box? How do I repair EFS partition?

In my case (actually, my friend's phone), it connects to EDGE and it can call to any destiny. Sometimes, loses signal, but with the new firmware, it appears that works better. But no 3G/H+ signal.

Maybe she can go to the service (SAT) ... and they would repair the EFS??

Thanks for your help.

PS: Sorry for my english. I speak Spanish.

angelob

Oct 31, 2014
We have the same problem. I already brought my S4 to the official samsung service center. Only thing they did was flash an updated ROM from my carrier. It didn't solve the problem as expected because I've done the same already before taking the phone to them. I also already flashed different modems with no luck. This is getting really frustrating. I wish you luck in your search for a solution. Subscribing to this thread.

pseudobluz

Dec 19, 2011
HI, thanks for your answer.
What is Box? How do I repair EFS partition?

In my case (actually, my friend's phone), it connects to EDGE and it can call to any destiny. Sometimes, loses signal, but with the new firmware, it appears that works better. But no 3G/H+ signal.

Maybe she can go to the service (SAT) ... and they would repair the EFS??

Thanks for your help.

PS: Sorry for my english. I speak Spanish.

Box is device built based on reverse engineering of mobile phones allowing user to perform more advanced service operation (for example EFS repair) on handhelds/cells. It usually comes with special set of cables for specified vendor. Google for example 'z3x box' for an idea. It's cheaper for you to bring the phone to some service shop which has box for Samsung phones. They can settle this in a matter of minutes.
Sorry for the late answer, been very busy lately.

deffecto

Aug 26, 2010
Plovdiv
I was digging for like a week or so, because i have the same problem. ( i have 2g / gsm signal, but when i switch to wcdma (or 3g) only, i was getting no signal at all. (the circle with the line in it). My imei is not broken/missing, and from all the forums i've been digging i came to conclussion that there are several possible solutions as i think, but im not too deep into that matter, so im just sharing my thoughts, dont try these if you dont know what are you doing, i say again, im not completely sure if any of those gonna actually work.
1st - EFS Proffesional (along with Qualcomm NV Tools) - which can be found here, in xda. (The program itself has a ****load of options, and i dont have the knowledge to operate with it). Qualcomm NV Tools is a part of EFS Pro.
2nd - the secret code menu - Service Mode ( *#197328640# ) - I wasnt able to enter it at first, so downloaded the Shortcut Master (lite) (free in Play Store) and found it there, launched it with option 0 (launches a code with root priv) and i entered the service mode.) i've explored it, there are a lot of settings there, like backup, restore, rebuild, changing bands and so on and on and on, and somewhere inside it, there MIGHT be a solution inside those. I'd like to hear something more about those options from someone who actually understands them.
Other option is JIFF BOX, which i dont know how actually found, it seems that program requires qualcomm usb drivers for PC, and i think this is something like virtual box or w/e it is, i couldnt run it, didnt have time atm, but this program is given to wake up even completely dead sgs4 somehow, so why not bringing back the 3g?
And the last thing ive found - SRS - (found it in sammobile's forums. Some kind of imei/efs/baseband/etc restorer, reflasher or w/e it is. But this is paid program with free trial for unlocking the screen pattern. )
At last, you/me, can always go for a service with box for samsung phones and pay for reflash/repair. Is this the only solution?

Forgot to tell - im using i9505. simfree, no brands etc....

Last edited:

deffecto

Aug 26, 2010
Plovdiv
Can't edit previous post. This is the actual service mode code, don't know what are the prefixes and suffixes, I'm running it with root and shortcut master lite. It seems playing with the settings can help, but we need ppl who can really understand these settings. If you need / want, ill make more screenshots.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1416004819423.jpg
    1416004819423.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

pseudobluz

Dec 19, 2011
I was also able to read IMEI and have used EFS Professional and NV Qualcomm tools but without success. EFS partition was damaged anyway. So yes box is the only solution in a majority of cases.

Last edited:

deffecto

Aug 26, 2010
Plovdiv
I was also able to read IMEI and have used EFS Professional and NV Qualcomm tools but without success. EFS partition was damaged anyway. So yes box is the only solution in a majority of cases.
Can you explain a bit more what have you tryed with EFS Pro and NV Qualcomm tools?

To others: What about that secret menu? Can something be done by the options inside?