★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.6 | 04-26-14 | ART | ☆ ★

Search This thread

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
Anyway to get the 3 dot menu out of the apps and use the recent key?
And to the straight talk user what did you choose for network I don't see anything for gsm

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

hawkstwelve

Jun 13, 2013
Seattle
I used the Beta Twrp fwiw
If you keep using the one you have, when it kicks out of recovery, go right back to recovery and choose to flash again without wiping and it should finish.
Otherwise just use the beta.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Flashed beta TWRP before I saw this message, didn't work. Then tried your tip of booting back to recovery after it kicked out, reflashed ROM without wiping, profit.

I don't know why it was doing what it was doing, but everything seems to be OK now. Thanks man!

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
What kernels work with this? I'm curious.

HTC DNA
LG Optimus G

I don't think you have many options. :) Nothing has changed in that regard lately.
The one that comes in the rom works, and probably Zarboz/Torrented's latest KK Sense/GE kernels.
I don't think any other options exist as of right now.

iHateWebOS

Aug 20, 2012
atglen,pa
I don't think you have many options. :) Nothing has changed in that regard lately.
The one that comes in the rom works, and probably Zarboz/Torrented's latest KK Sense/GE kernels.
I don't think any other options exist as of right now.

Check the last page of zarboz kernel thread I built my latest revisions with GPE flags. Using it now gamma control and whatever 2 wake seem to be working flawlessly

JPHoller

Jun 7, 2011
Youngstown
Everything working great. Only issue is occasionally when turning phone on screen will be dim. It will automatically adjust after about 30 seconds or when adjusting screen brightness. This is on auto brightness , have not tested on other settings. Also with kernel included with ROM. Thanks for the work!

gallasm

Dec 6, 2008
Touch Screen Sensitivity?

I'm liking the look of the GPE ROM but I'm having some issues with the touchscreen sensitivity. Like as I'm dragging my finger across the screen, it'll register as a screen-press and accidentally open an app. Or else scrolling will kind of stutter. Is there an app or build.prop fix for this?

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I'm liking the look of the GPE ROM but I'm having some issues with the touchscreen sensitivity. Like as I'm dragging my finger across the screen, it'll register as a screen-press and accidentally open an app. Or else scrolling will kind of stutter. Is there an app or build.prop fix for this?

Touch responds normally for me.
So I can't suggest any kind of fix for you.
You may have a case of failing hardware/digitizer.

gallasm

Dec 6, 2008
Touch responds normally for me.
So I can't suggest any kind of fix for you.
You may have a case of failing hardware/digitizer.
Hmm... I don't think it's failing hardware. Touchscreen was working fine on ViperROM right before I loaded up this ROM. I wonder if things are still "settling" causing the stuttering. I'll give it some time and maybe a restart or two to see if the situation improves. Thanks for the quickly reply!

finanandroid

Oct 11, 2010
Virginia
@santod040 Rom is outstanding! the only issue I have is missing gallery* the only way to see pictures is after take one with the camera
but HTC edit sometimes fc, thou no deal breaker I did install Quickpic which is the faster gallery apk out there but wonder if there is a sense 6
gallery apk compatible with this GPE M8 base. Thank you! :good:

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
@santod040 Rom is outstanding! the only issue I have is missing gallery* the only way to see pictures is after take one with the camera
but HTC edit sometimes fc, thou no deal breaker I did install Quickpic which is the faster gallery apk out there but wonder if there is a sense 6
gallery apk compatible with this GPE M8 base. Thank you! :good:

The new Google Play Edition uses the Picasa "Photo" shortcut as your gallery now.

hawkstwelve

Jun 13, 2013
Seattle
Just wanted to report back. After getting over the hiccup of flashing this, once again santod, I have to give you kudos. This thing is rock solid and just flies. I've been having issues with my battery life lately on a couple different ROMs, but this one is already exceeding my expectations and its only the second day.

Thank you for putting out consistently solid ROMs.

Reactions: santod040

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
Saw this tried to install GPS status and toolbox but no go

Attachments

• 1397594864164.jpg
    1397594864164.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 241

jayact~

Jan 28, 2013
i just flashed your rom, and I really like it thus far. I've only had one problem, and it seems really strange. When I press the mic button Google search bar, a soft buzzing noise usually comes out of the speaker, and interferes with the voice search. If I say "OK Google" to enable the search instead of using the button on the home screen, the noise isn't made.

I tried to get a log, but it seems to be too large to put up here (20kb too large) and it doesn't seem to be found in it. If you need it, I'm more than willing to cut it down and attach it.
Edit: I also get the error with the GPS navigation that Steve One gets.

Last edited:

hawkstwelve

Jun 13, 2013
Seattle
Anybody play around with ART and notice any differences? Battery life? Speediness? I know santod said it should work in this ROM, just curious as to any results before I make the switch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jschill31

Jul 14, 2010
Midwest
Anybody play around with ART and notice any differences? Battery life? Speediness? I know santod said it should work in this ROM, just curious as to any results before I make the switch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hello,

I ended up having Google sign in errors on a fresh install. I turned on ART before letting Play restore my apps and ran into issues. I have not tried turning it on after installing all apps under Dalvik. I have used ART on my GPE EVO and it did seem to be snappier but could be placebo as well. BTW it is my understanding that there are still several apps that do not work using ART.

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.6 | 04-26-14 | ART | ☆ ★

tiKtaK ROM

Android 4.4.2
    KitKat
    Google Edition Rom

All New 2014 HTC One
    m8 series: KOT49H.H16 release-keys

Stock Google Edition 4.4.2

attachment.php

tiKtaK ROM

Stock port of the m8 Google Edition series

ABOUT:

This is based off of the New 2014 HTC One (m8) Google Edition and is considered experimental.
    This thread will be just for my m8 2014 GPE port for the Droid Dna. (m7 version not posted)

Superuser and all of your Google apps come preloaded. (no Gapps needed)
    I have found the rom to be stable enough, that I felt it was time to share.
    This rom will progress and change as Kitkat evolves and when new versions of Google Edition become available.
    I hope that you enjoy the tiKtaK experience. :)

Credits/Thanks:
    CM
    HTC
    Zarboz
    Flyhalf
    All other devs that have contributed to the dlx, m7, m8, and Android in general!

Requirements:

You must have at least an unlocked bootloader!
    You should have the latest radio and firmware/hboot
    You must be running a recent version of CWM or TWRP Recovery

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Sharing Policy:[/COLOR][/B]
    If you would like to use this rom or parts of this rom, in your own, you must ask me for permission first!
    Please do this via PM, so as not to distract from the purpose of the thread.
    These matters are best dealt with privately, for everyone's sake.
    Thanks for your undertanding and consideration.
    Violators of the above, will be reported to XDA Moderation for proper handling.

Downloads:

***NEW Experimental Series based off of the m8 Google Edition (2014) series
    tiKtaK-2014-GoogleEdition-1.0.6_KOT49H.H16 04-26-14

Mirrors

To enable Google Home on the Launcher:
    Sign into Google and run the Google Search app in the drawer.

_______

Known Issues:
    None that I know of... :)

Old Versions:

Wanna buy me a coffee to keep me going?
    CLICK HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    ★ ☆ tiKtaK ROM | Google Edition ☆ ★, a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    santod040
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest firmware and radios
    Based On: Google Edition

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC1.0.6-KOT49H.H16
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-14
    Current Beta Version: RC1.0.1-KOT49H.H16
    Beta Release Date: 2013-12-14

Created 2014-04-14
    Last Updated 2014-04-26
    Observations:

1) Battery life is great with ART enabled. I had about 10% more today when I got home compared to normal. (60%+ compared to the normal 50%, over an hour of screen time)

2) GPS doesn't work. Apps like Waze tell me the gps isn't turned on but it is.

3) Google search/now is not nearly as responsive with the hot word. I noticed last night and today in the car. I had to say OK Google so many times and then it finally worked when I pulled the phone closer to my face where it's been working in my dash mount for months. Is it possible it is using the wrong mic?

That's about it. Not complaining because this ROM is great. Bluetooth audio works which is a surprise considering unsense was garbled for me.

Huge fan. Great work.

1.) :)

2.) Fixed

3.) Fixed

Also fixed compatibility with the Google Camera update in the Play Store.

Update coming tonight...
    RC 1.0.4 is done uploading.
    It's basically just GPS that was fixed, as the mic changes I wanted to make were causing other issues, so I reverted them for now.
    Will continue to look into improving that feature/voice search/Ok Google...
    Hope this is better then no update for now at least. :good:
    GPS location lock resolved?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Just what's in the changelog for now.
    I wanted to get all three versions(m7vzw,m7ul,dna) of this back to being ART compatible and this one on Official Dna kernel sources.
    I will look into improving on that next.
    UPDATED!~

RC1.0.6
    ART compatibility fixed up!
    Added Featured NuK3rn3l w/ working wifi N and wake options