[Q] hyperdrive stuck at splash screen

Search This thread

motel6man

May 28, 2011
I've tried asking this in the q&a section on the main thread but I think I'm being ignored because I'm asking a question about the at&t version inside a Verizon thread. Idk. But I've tried installing hyperdrive rls15 and I follow the instructions on the main page for at&t and I get to where I need to reboot and wait 10 mins. Well it just stays on the splash screen. I've tried repeating the install 4 time's now amd the same results. I found a tooic saying fix permissions but it fails. I'm sorry if this has been asked already. I have looked through several different threads but I may have overlooked it. My phone baseband is I337UCUAMDL im on 4.2.2 and have twrp v2.5.0.2 as my recovery. I've also verified the md5. any suggestions?

motel6man

May 28, 2011
I hate to double post but if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening I'm going to try and redownload and try loki patch I don't know if it's needed but I will try.

d9vabder

Feb 3, 2011
Moreno Valley
I hate to double post but if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening I'm going to try and redownload and try loki patch I don't know if it's needed but I will try.

Same problem here,

I'm going to try and install a kernel through TWRP. I've tried a fresh root / loki install, same issue.

For me, I remember having to install an AT&T compatibility pack.zip file on previous Hyperdrive releases, like RLS 10.

I tried to install RLS15 and at the very end of install, it says this:

Flashing Kernel
file_getprop: failed to stat"/tmp/aroma/kernel.prop": No such file or
directory

However, for some reason, after trying to install this new release, I was not able to restore data in TWRP from a backup of RLS 10. I was able to restore to a non-rooted backup (i don't know how), and it appears that I am not rooted anymore, and I don't think I have superuser anymore. So, I'm not exactly sure where to start.

Last edited:

motel6man

May 28, 2011
Glad to see I'm not the only one this is happening to. Please let me know if you figure it out. I noticed the same thing but thought I seen someone else say that it was nothing.

motel6man

May 28, 2011
so i redownloaded all files and nothing. tried loki patch and nothing. tried kt kernel because i seen another post with someone saying it was the only one that worked for them and nothing. im still stuck on splash screen. please if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know im desperate now. i really want to try this rom so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

d9vabder

Feb 3, 2011
Moreno Valley
Same here =/

Flashing a kernel before ROM didn't do anything.

I'm starting to think that we don't have Super User installed anymore, I tried re-installing some BackUps (rooted backups)
and TWRP said something like, you don't have SuperUser instyalled, want to install it? *Slide to Install* Phone quickly reboots (not showing any proof of Super User being installed in TWRP emulator) and still no effect.

When I get some time ill look into how to install SuperUser, which I thought was already put on when we root.

Have you tried installing any other ROMS with success?

Last edited:

d9vabder

Feb 3, 2011
Moreno Valley
Are you still on MDL? I am, and im starting to think i need to just go ahead and do the update from AT&T, and then switching over to Safestrap recovery, but i hope i can find another solution before doing all that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

motel6man

May 28, 2011
Same here =/

Flashing a kernel before ROM didn't do anything.

I'm starting to think that we don't have Super User installed anymore, I tried re-installing some BackUps (rooted backups)
and TWRP said something like, you don't have SuperUser instyalled, want to install it? *Slide to Install* Phone quickly reboots (not showing any proof of Super User being installed in TWRP emulator) and still no effect.

When I get some time ill look into how to install SuperUser, which I thought was already put on when we root.

Have you tried installing any other ROMS with success?
I haven't tried any other roms yet. I haven't really seen any that I liked.

Are you still on MDL? I am, and im starting to think i need to just go ahead and do the update from AT&T, and then switching over to Safestrap recovery, but i hope i can find another solution before doing all that.

I'm still on mdl. I'm going to keep looking around for a solution. Please let us know if you found a way to fix it.
Also heres a screen shot of my info

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-14-17-06-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-14-17-06-20.png
    149 KB · Views: 27

gquint90

Dec 31, 2013
GARDEN GROVE, CA
I've tried asking this in the q&a section on the main thread but I think I'm being ignored because I'm asking a question about the at&t version inside a Verizon thread. Idk. But I've tried installing hyperdrive rls15 and I follow the instructions on the main page for at&t and I get to where I need to reboot and wait 10 mins. Well it just stays on the splash screen. I've tried repeating the install 4 time's now amd the same results. I found a tooic saying fix permissions but it fails. I'm sorry if this has been asked already. I have looked through several different threads but I may have overlooked it. My phone baseband is I337UCUAMDL im on 4.2.2 and have twrp v2.5.0.2 as my recovery. I've also verified the md5. any suggestions?

Are you using Safe strap?

I was having the same problem after like 4 tries i figured out that every time I would download this it would go into the internal memory when it should have gone into the xd. I had to move folders manually. After that everything has been working correctly.

d9vabder

Feb 3, 2011
Moreno Valley
All I did was go to Mounts in TWRP recovery and mounted my microSD card and this fixed the problem.

motel6man

May 28, 2011
All I did was go to Mounts in TWRP recovery and mounted my microSD card and this fixed the problem.

cool im going to go try it in a few mins thanks

i tried mounting both internal and external and still nothing can you go through the steps you did from start to finish maybe im missing something

Last edited:

d9vabder

Feb 3, 2011
Moreno Valley
Okay, so the first thing i did was mount my microSD(external sd) then a full wipe. Even though i was mounted to my sd card, i still had to navigate to my internal memory to select the zips i wanted to flash. I first installed an older release of Hyperdrive Rom, and during installation, i selected Full Wipe option again. i also added my AT&T compatibility pack.zip to be flashed right after the ROM. Also, i dont know if this affected anything, but i tried installing the T-Mobile compatibility pack on a previous attempt. I read somewhere where some1 did this and it worked for them, but it didnt work for me until i did another install of RLS15 and the ATT pack.
Hope this can help you