[discussion] making the defy faster and smoother

Search This thread

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
Hello all.

I'm trying to get the most of my defy.
Currently using cyanogenmod 7, over clocked to 1.2ghz.
I have now started using the v6 supercharger script as hoping its not placebo but seems to be working a lot better. Used option 9.

Does anyone else use the v6 script and what option did you go for?

Also do you have any other tweeks for making the defy smoother or faster?

Have uploaded a screenshot of my benchmark.

V6 original thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

Attachments

• screenshot-1321888087380.jpg
    screenshot-1321888087380.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,500

NITRO_100

Mar 10, 2011
Zagreb
I'm using the latest V6 RC 3.2, with option 6 (ledded) (now I'm testing option 7), and option 13 (bulitproof launcher). I installed nitro lag nullifier. I also use kak script, and 3G turbocharge script. Overall it has big improvement, my defy is much faster and more responsive. I have only a little lag in scrolling the launcher when I use live wallpaper, btw I'm using blur launcher, and MS2Ginger 2.1 rom, overclocked to 1.2 Ghz. My scores are around 2700 - 2800.

nameite

Aug 1, 2011
I'm just using CM7 with ADW launcher, the score varies from 2500 to 2940...after 4 times of benching.

Also OCed to 1.2ghz

What is V6?

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
I'm just using CM7 with ADW launcher, the score varies from 2500 to 2940...after 4 times of benching.

Also OCed to 1.2ghz

What is V6?

copied from the v6 post

What's it do?

It makes your phone FAST... super snappy with better multitasking!
It rearranges and fixes the OOM Groupings and Priorites and lowmemorykiller values.

So basically, it's a COMPLETE MEMORY MANAGEMENT FIX!
It's the ONLY one of it's kind

NO LAUNCHER REDRAWS, faster than ever, multitasking is better... why?
Because it works with the lowmemorykiller and letting it work the way it's meant to work.

Also, because of the rearrangement, it works the same on all roms!
The problem with using minfree tweakers like AMM or AKMO is that it doesn't work the same on all roms.
Secondary apps may be in slot 3 on some roms but in slot 5 in others!
That's why you hear people comment "I tried AKMO but it didn't do anything..."
Most likely it didn't do anything because the apps weren't sitting where they were expected to be.

So fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride!

Mariofrith

Nov 24, 2011
Super Charge... Makes it impossible to kill other apps & dats the downfall

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

Mariofrith

Nov 24, 2011
Try also thunderbolt's script... much better than super charger v6 to me & doesn't interfere with cm7 killing app function, of long press on back button

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

zorofroozo

Jul 2, 2011
Anyone still using this script or the thunderbolt script on Cm.7.1.0-11-defy?

I'm trying to figure out if people see a noticeable improvement before taking the leap myself. Better synthetic scores don't really matter to me.

Last edited:

crakeron

Jul 27, 2011
Paris
I may be interested too, what are the downsides of these, and is there a way of undoing it?

Sent from my 1Ghz CM7 + CM9 Defy

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
Anyone still using this script or the thunderbolt script on Cm.7.1.0-11-defy?

I'm trying to figure out if people see a noticeable improvement before taking the leap myself. Better synthetic scores don't really matter to me.

I didn't use it for a long time. But used it on a recent nightly and forgot how much it changed the phone.

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

zorofroozo

Jul 2, 2011
I've been using it to, and the phone does feel smoother. The nitro lagg nullier makes the difference on my defy.

(I used it in conjunction with the multitasking setting if i'm not mistaken)

Reactions: trurl3

kidrobot52

Oct 12, 2010
NYC
Minimal modded to my defy seeing it was my everyday phone. Now that I have the defy+ I'm going hands in the the defy been reading and reading now I would like input from other users.

So.....

What modes are best for the defy?
Make it faster, responsive with no lags or glitches.
I'm on cm 7.2 froyo kernel thinking bout upgrading to gb kernel. Any suggestions?

NITRO_100

Mar 10, 2011
Zagreb
Minimal modded to my defy seeing it was my everyday phone. Now that I have the defy+ I'm going hands in the the defy been reading and reading now I would like input from other users.

So.....

What modes are best for the defy?
Make it faster, responsive with no lags or glitches.
I'm on cm 7.2 froyo kernel thinking bout upgrading to gb kernel. Any suggestions?

Well I will always suggest supercharger script and also kak script as it gives me great boost and reduces lag a lot.

Sent from my ICS Defy

FlashTec80

Aug 6, 2011
In the forrest
As i have been chasing the holy grail in my Defy+ for the last weeks, i have been thru some settings and my own observation around the SuperCharger is that it totally screwed up atleast my already overclocked Defy+. I was running scores around 2400-2500 in Quadrant and after installing SC it really felt slow and a new test in Quadrant really proved what i have been feeling, the score was around 1800. Notice then that my first setting in SC was a fullblown 1000bhp setting (dont remember what the highest number is), so i thought i had shot myself in the foot and overloaded things, tuned it down to a 512bhp settings (somewhere in the middle) and did a new test, still was the same score in Quadrant. After some anger management i uninstalled it and ran a new Quadrant test, this time i scored 2200. I dont know if i managed to screw anything up in SC but thats my 2 cents of an observation.

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Stock MIUI straight out of the archive gave me 26000 - 25000 on quadrant...

after installing all of my guff it naturally got lower scores, but - speed doesn't necessarily equate to smoothness...

I then went to linpack.apk which allows you to compare your scores against, well - your scores...

As I turned up the OC the ph got quicker - but not smoother (if you get my drift)...

So, on my personalized MIUI I pasted in Juwe11's ram script & Samsungs Loopysmoothness script... they helped with the smoothness I was after... (+enabling JIT in SetSvel - makes a diff)...

Now I'm running WajKIUI hybrid... battery seems to drain quicker, but it's :cool: silky smooth... speed is similar to MIUI OC'ed @ 1.2GHz...

FlashTec80

Aug 6, 2011
In the forrest
Stock MIUI straight out of the archive gave me 26000 - 25000 on quadrant...

after installing all of my guff it naturally got lower scores, but - speed doesn't necessarily equate to smoothness...

I then went to linpack.apk which allows you to compare your scores against, well - your scores...

As I turned up the OC the ph got quicker - but not smoother (if you get my drift)...

So, on my personalized MIUI I pasted in Juwe11's ram script & Samsungs Loopysmoothness script... they helped with the smoothness I was after... (+enabling JIT in SetSvel - makes a diff)...

Now I'm running WajKIUI hybrid... battery seems to drain quicker, but it's :cool: silky smooth... speed is similar to MIUI OC'ed @ 1.2GHz...

That must be one hell of a Defy u got there if u managed to score around 25,000 points in
Quadrant ;)

For some reason the defy phones in some way seems to score higher than the +, god knows why.

I tried to run a Sonic the hedgehog game with my best settings it ran really smooth and the handling seemed better than ever. But more smoothness never hurt as long as it doesnt decrease speed. I rather run like that and get a better battery :)

Do u know if those scripts work on the +?

That must be one hell of a Defy u got there if u managed to score around 25,000 points in
Quadrant ;)

For some reason the defy phones in some way seems to score higher than the +, god knows why.

I tried to run a Sonic the hedgehog game with my best settings it ran really smooth and the handling seemed better than ever. But more smoothness never hurt as long as it doesnt decrease speed. I rather run like that and get a better battery :)

Do u know if those scripts work on the +?

Which Sonic game ?
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 ?

Herpderp Defy.

Top Liked Posts