Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?

Search This thread

jamarious34

Oct 2, 2010
Tallahassee
I here a lot of people talking about just how terrible Sprint service is (myself included). I wanted to know how many of you are thinking of leaving Sprint to go to Verizon, AT&T, etc. I definitely know that I will be switching to Verizon after my 2 year contract is up. I love the SGS3 but hate the service. So...who's with me? lol

Reactions: rperez720

kyouko

Mar 6, 2010
living just north of Chicago, i have great signal pretty much everywhere and LTE, so I'm lucky in that aspect. plus i use a ton of 4G data

So I am not planning on leaving, but i know if i had crappy service I'd be looking elsewhere.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

burghfan3

Jun 13, 2012
Probably switching my 5 lines to Straight Talk. 2 unlimited and 3 on the lower level. It will save me a nice chunk of change, and upgrade my service. Never had Wimax, and will never have LTE. I just beg Sprint every month for the usable 3G that I had 20 months ago. We aren't on a "list" to get anything. They are forcing my hand

Living my life's not hard enough,
Burn me alive inside

Reactions: rperez720 and nrmav

NYHusker

Nov 26, 2010
I here a lot of people talking about just how terrible Sprint service is (myself included). I wanted to know how many of you are thinking of leaving Sprint to go to Verizon, AT&T, etc. I definitely know that I will be switching to Verizon after my 2 year contract is up. I love the SGS3 but hate the service. So...who's with me? lol

I live in WNY, and actually get pretty decent Sprint service day to day. It prob helps that I have an Airave at home, and am on Wifi both at the office and home. Just renewed for 2 yrs with the Sam's Club $0.96 GS3 deals, renewed both lines on account. Also get 23% discount, and unlimited data...so it's gonna be very hard to leave Sprint any time soon...my entire company is on VZW, and our company gets 17% discount, still not worth giving up unlimited data for!

Reactions: kingjamesthe3

pruster

Oct 4, 2010
Melrose
I live in WNY, and actually get pretty decent Sprint service day to day. It prob helps that I have an Airave at home, and am on Wifi both at the office and home. Just renewed for 2 yrs with the Sam's Club $0.96 GS3 deals, renewed both lines on account. Also get 23% discount, and unlimited data...so it's gonna be very hard to leave Sprint any time soon...my entire company is on VZW, and our company gets 17% discount, still not worth giving up unlimited data for!

Does the AirRave cause you to get dupe SMS' or anything? Mine was acting all nutzo.

PAPutzback

Nov 30, 2009
Fishers
I don't plan on leaving. I have Spotty 4G around Indianapolis but the price blows away the only other carrier (Verizon) that I would consider. But I am around wireless the majority of the time and haven't been in a situation where I could not get by with 4G.

I just got my S3 last week from Radio shack for 99 dollars that came with 50 dollar Google Play Credit. That came in handy for stocking up on a few widgets I needed to customize it.

GiantJay

Jul 2, 2012
Omaha, NE
I would be gone if I didn't pay $41 a month for unlimited everything with insurance included. At&t, Verizon, and MetroPCS all have LTE in Sacramento where I live and T-Mobile has HSPA+ 42. Sprint doesn't even know when they are going to start to roll out LTE here. In the meantime my 3G is absolutely pathetic. It is very frustrating to say the least. I'm highly considering Straight Talk or T-Mobile with a unlocked Nexus 4 when my contract is up in June.

This message brought to you by SPH-L710 on CM10 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Lolanerd

Mar 8, 2012

Honestly, after 2 years you probably won't feel so strongly about leaving anymore, assuming data is still unlimited.

sircody

Jul 31, 2010
Atlanta
Sprint now has 100% of clearwire....That makes them the Company with the Biggest Spectrum and SoftBank putting Billions into being the number one, He's that type of Guy, no second in the Game for him, so that means lower cost to be coming, unlimited to stay and All others to Envy us Sprint Users.....Good things come to those who WAIT....lol....

Reactions: kingjamesthe3

CeloCRF

Oct 15, 2010
I'm in Hudson County, NJ and prior to Hurricane Sandy, the signal was sketchy at best. After the storm, I have yet to reach two bars of signal at my home. I called Sprint and they said the towers in my area were afffected by storm and they were aware of the situation and trying to get things back to normal. I have yet to see any improvements. Wimax was available here but LTE looks like mid 2013 at best. Since I renewed my contract to get the SIII, I'll be on the hook until 2014 but this will be my last run with Sprint if I dont see significant improvements on their network around here.

jamarious34

Oct 2, 2010
Tallahassee
I would be gone if I didn't pay $41 a month for unlimited everything with insurance included. At&t, Verizon, and MetroPCS all have LTE in Sacramento where I live and T-Mobile has HSPA+ 42. Sprint doesn't even know when they are going to start to roll out LTE here. In the meantime my 3G is absolutely pathetic. It is very frustrating to say the least. I'm highly considering Straight Talk or T-Mobile with a unlocked Nexus 4 when my contract is up in June.

This message brought to you by SPH-L710 on CM10 using Tapatalk 2

How do you only pay $41??? If that was all I had to pay I wouldnt complain either lol. But I live in Tallahassee, FL and I am lucky to get 300kb/s download speeds, so needless to say, I only use wifi. Also I would only have to pay $15 more to switch to Verizon so thats a no brainer to me.

jamarious34

Oct 2, 2010
Tallahassee
Sprint now has 100% of clearwire....That makes them the Company with the Biggest Spectrum and SoftBank putting Billions into being the number one, He's that type of Guy, no second in the Game for him, so that means lower cost to be coming, unlimited to stay and All others to Envy us Sprint Users.....Good things come to those who WAIT....lol....

So will we be able to use this service with our current phones or do we have to wait and buy newer phones that will have the compatible radios?

jamarious34

Oct 2, 2010
Tallahassee
Probably switching my 5 lines to Straight Talk. 2 unlimited and 3 on the lower level. It will save me a nice chunk of change, and upgrade my service. Never had Wimax, and will never have LTE. I just beg Sprint every month for the usable 3G that I had 20 months ago. We aren't on a "list" to get anything. They are forcing my hand

Living my life's not hard enough,
Burn me alive inside

Have you thought of going to page plus? I hear their service is pretty great, not to say that Straight Talks service is not.

jamarious34

Oct 2, 2010
Tallahassee
Never. The service is serviceable but the unlimited data for the price is unbeatable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Unlimited Data?? Hahaha when you only get 300kb/s down, unlimited data is useless. I would rather pay $15 more on Verizon and get LTE speeds on have 4gb of data that I will never exceed. I guess it would be a good deal if I lived in an area that had reasonable data speeds tho.

jamarious34

Oct 2, 2010
Tallahassee

But unlimited data means nothing unless you can use it. If you are on wifi all the time then unlimited data is worthless to you too. With Verizons "limited" data plan you can get 4gb of data and trust me you will never use that much. But like I told the other guy, if you get reasonable data speeds where you live then Sprints plan IS unbeatable. I only get on average 300kb/s down lol

mionky

Nov 28, 2010
Lake City, GA
Atlanta, GA

Here in the Atlanta, GA area, I get pretty good service since they turned on all the LTE towers. One place I don't get good reception is in my house. I have considered trying to get a free airrave to solve that. I will be sticking with Sprint, unless things suddenly go to pot.

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
usy4egut.jpg

I'd say that's not bad for 3G inside my house.

2 months ago it was unusable.

Sent from Pluto.
qe9usehe.jpg

ivcesar

Apr 6, 2011
far far away
Honestly, since the network vision started my service became alit better. In every way. I had dead spot in my area in one block I would perfect signal the next completely dead, and now it have a 50% increased in sign in all my dead spot. An network vision has been fully deployed. Before making rush decision I would say wait and see what sprint offers with their network upgrades specially now that they 100% clear. And will have 800mghz spectrum too. I say it going to go to number two if they actually able to keep their word with network vision

jhavron

Forced to leave sprint

I got forced to leave sprint. I had 4 lines on a shared plan, and they booted my number because of excessive roaming. Now I'm stuck with a pretty new GS3 with no use for it. I ported my number to a dumbphone on straightalk toi save the number. Therefore if anyone wants I have a GS3 (16gig) with a cracked screen that I found after I got my new one through insurance, a GS3 (16gig) that Id be willing to trade both for a decent android GSM phone.

PM me if anyone wants it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never. The service is serviceable but the unlimited data for the price is unbeatable.

Sprint's network is still going to be ****. Even LTE areas are not that great speed wise. Sprint's thing is always promise, promise, promise and then under deliver. I'll be moving to T-Mobile on Friday. So long ****ty network that is still mostly horrible 3G at damn near 56k speeds. I've already seen the LTE network turn to **** within months going from 20mbps+ to 3-5 consistently. They just don't have the infrastructure to support a healthy network for data. Now with T-Mobile's lower prices there is no reason to go to Sprint unless you just don't get T-Mobile coverage.

Just out of curiosity.. what promises did Sprint make? Find me an official press release or anything of that sort in reference to a promise made.

For the record, everyone seems to forget that Sprint isn't just adding LTE like AT&T/VZW did. It's an ENTIRE network rebuild. Do some of you think that these things happen overnight and are financed by magical dollars?
    I've decided to leave Sprint. After years of seeing crap like this "Sprint reports quarterly net loss of $643 million, sees iPhone sales drop by a third", I have realized that I can't deal with it any longer. T-Mobile will be my next carrier and I will be getting the S4 (32gb) on it.
    Well every area is different. In the Dallas area Sprint is a joke as far as data speeds. Slowest 3G and slowest LTE now in the few areas that have it. I don't know anyone that is on Sprint and that are actually happy with it.

You do now, in very happy with sprint, i pay a tiny bill for 3 lines (less than 80) and get speeds fast enough to tether the ps3 for Netflix and games and anything else i want, can't complain at all

“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."” ― David Brin
    The line about Sprint doesn't get latest phones is untrue. They also actually lead in US carriers in getting updates out their phones quicker than most others. Again they are doing a complete Nationwide revamp of their network and adding new LTE. This doesn't occur overnight and takes several years to finalize. I can say that the new network upgrades are amazing and I love them. I have been on their network Vision for almost a year and it's great. But it's understandable that there are pockets an areas that the upgrades will take longer and some areas which may never get good coverage from Sprint as there are areas that other carriers have bad coverage in as well. There's a lot of politics involved in where towers get put up and in who gets to put them up. As a smart consumer you need to know which providers will have the better coverage in the area you live. But to generalize as a whole is just not correct.

Sent from the future via Tapatalk 4