Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?

Search This thread

smartguy10

Jan 13, 2011
As a customer what matters is if lte gets deployed in my area if its not where I need it then its of no help

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: josh..

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 3
Sprint's network is still going to be ****. Even LTE areas are not that great speed wise. Sprint's thing is always promise, promise, promise and then under deliver. I'll be moving to T-Mobile on Friday. So long ****ty network that is still mostly horrible 3G at damn near 56k speeds. I've already seen the LTE network turn to **** within months going from 20mbps+ to 3-5 consistently. They just don't have the infrastructure to support a healthy network for data. Now with T-Mobile's lower prices there is no reason to go to Sprint unless you just don't get T-Mobile coverage.

Just out of curiosity.. what promises did Sprint make? Find me an official press release or anything of that sort in reference to a promise made.

For the record, everyone seems to forget that Sprint isn't just adding LTE like AT&T/VZW did. It's an ENTIRE network rebuild. Do some of you think that these things happen overnight and are financed by magical dollars?

Last edited:

rpruey3

Jun 8, 2010
As a customer what matters is if lte gets deployed in my area if its not where I need it then its of no help

Pretty simple answer is. If you have 3g now where you need it, you will have lte when it's complete. Everywhere I had 3g not 1x I have lte. Also signal quality after NV is completed on a tower is much better.
Could not be happier with Sprint network after most towers were complete here. Depending on distance from the tower I average 6 to 25 megs down and very low pings. I will take 6 megs down and 47ms pings over 40 down and 800-1200 pings any day at this point for my data needs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Reactions: flastnoles11

rpruey3

Jun 8, 2010
Sprint's network is still going to be ****. Even LTE areas are not that great speed wise. Sprint's thing is always promise, promise, promise and then under deliver. I'll be moving to T-Mobile on Friday. So long ****ty network that is still mostly horrible 3G at damn near 56k speeds. I've already seen the LTE network turn to **** within months going from 20mbps+ to 3-5 consistently. They just don't have the infrastructure to support a healthy network for data. Now with T-Mobile's lower prices there is no reason to go to Sprint unless you just don't get T-Mobile coverage.

LOL Where are your facts about there infrastructure? How many live LTE towers are around you?

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
LOL Where are your facts about there infrastructure? How many live LTE towers are around you?

To these types you just say good riddance and thanks for clearing up some bandwidth for us ;)

“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."” ― David Brin

BoboBrazil

Apr 5, 2009

I live in Plano, TX. I'm sure you can go find the info. Look on Sprint's website where it says I have excellent LTE coverage for instance. Then look at my speeds. I stayed with Sprint for 8 years through some very embarassing times, back when they would never get the good phones other carriers were getting. They've improved in some ways, but their data speeds have always been a joke and they continue to be a joke. When LTE first launched in my area on Sprint they were much better. They've turned to **** within months. I've uploaded a screenshot of my speeds now and what they were when LTE first launched late last year. Both in the same spot. Now I'm on T-Mobile and I'm getting faster speeds than I ever got on Sprint.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-04-09-10-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-04-09-10-38.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_2013-07-04-09-00-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-04-09-00-57.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: mlin

Beejis

Nov 14, 2008
Washington
I live in Plano, TX. I'm sure you can go find the info. Look on Sprint's website where it says I have excellent LTE coverage for instance. Then look at my speeds. I stayed with Sprint for 8 years through some very embarassing times, back when they would never get the good phones other carriers were getting. They've improved in some ways, but their data speeds have always been a joke and they continue to be a joke. When LTE first launched in my area on Sprint they were much better. They've turned to **** within months. I've uploaded a screenshot of my speeds now and what they were when LTE first launched late last year. Both in the same spot. Now I'm on T-Mobile and I'm getting faster speeds than I ever got on Sprint.

Why do you take so many speed tests? Are you trying to have a **** measuring contest with someone? What are you doing on your phone that requires faster speed?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
Why do you take so many speed tests? Are you trying to have a **** measuring contest with someone? What are you doing on your phone that requires faster speed?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly this.. Anything over 5mbps is overkill anyways... Pages load just as fast and videos stream just as flawlessly whether it's at 5 or 20, I know because I've used both of those speeds on my s3

“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."” ― David Brin

flonker

Nov 3, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Exactly this.. Anything over 5mbps is overkill anyways... Pages load just as fast and videos stream just as flawlessly whether it's at 5 or 20, I know because I've used both of those speeds on my s3

Well, those aren't all over 5mbps are they? Some of those are basically what people get on other networks 3G. It definitely isn't quality LTE... Who knows, maybe Sprint will or still has to do some more upgrades in that area, but those speed tests are not good.

And saying anything over 5mbps is overkill is pretty silly. The web only becomes more data intensive. Not to mention apps get larger and so on. There was a time when 3G was more than enough to handle mobile data, not so much anymore. LTE is going to be the same, I mean they already are going to LTE-a. So the the speed tests he's provided are troubling.

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well, those aren't all over 5mbps are they? Some of those are basically what people get on other networks 3G. It definitely isn't quality LTE... Who knows, maybe Sprint will or still has to do some more upgrades in that area, but those speed tests are not good.

And saying anything over 5mbps is overkill is pretty silly. The web only becomes more data intensive. Not to mention apps get larger and so on. There was a time when 3G was more than enough to handle mobile data, not so much anymore. LTE is going to be the same, I mean they already are going to LTE-a. So the the speed tests he's provided are troubling.

2mbps on sprints 3g still handles everything just fine... Netflix, gaming online with the ps3 tethered from my phone.. So yes, I stand by my statement, anything over 5 is overkill...

flonker

Nov 3, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
2mbps on sprints 3g still handles everything just fine... Netflix, gaming online with the ps3 tethered from my phone.. So yes, I stand by my statement, anything over 5 is overkill...

Yeah, you're right. There's no need for high-speed internet (and I'm sure the internet is just going to stay like it is now, so there will never be any need for it). Gotta log off now, gotta couple of app updates I need to let download for the next hour or so and if I get in a back and forth with you using the xda app they will probably fail and I'll have to start over.

GiantJay

Jul 2, 2012
Omaha, NE
Yeah, you're right. There's no need for high-speed internet (and I'm sure the internet is just going to stay like it is now, so there will never be any need for it). Gotta log off now, gotta couple of app updates I need to let download for the next hour or so and if I get in a back and forth with you using the xda app they will probably fail and I'll have to start over.

I downloaded a 9mb app update the other day while watching my nieces softball game and it took 68 minutes. That's how bad Sprint is in my area, anywhere in my area. :thumbdown:

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro

OK, again, anything of over 5 is over kill... Nowhere did I say not even 1 is overkill... At 2mbps a 60 MB app doesn't take any longer than 5 minutes at the most to download. Just because your data is completely horrible doesn't mean that 20mbps is any better than 5 when it comes to loading web pages and streaming videos... The pages load the same and either way the video won't buffer while your watching at 5 so the fact remains that anything over that is over kill... Sure you may knock some time off that app download, or if you're into downloading torrents they'd go quicker but that is the only advantage, downloading things... :rolleyes:

flonker

Nov 3, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Originally Posted by flonker<br />
<br />
<br />
OK, again, anything of over 5 is over kill... Nowhere did I say not even 1 is overkill... At 2mbps a 60 MB app doesn't take any longer than 5 minutes at the most to download. Just because your data is completely horrible doesn't mean that 20mbps is any better than 5 when it comes to loading web pages and streaming videos... The pages load the same and either way the video won't buffer while your watching at 5 so the fact remains that anything over that is over kill... Sure you may knock some time off that app download, or if you're into downloading torrents they'd go quicker but that is the only advantage, downloading things... :rolleyes:<br />
<br />
<font color="red"> “It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."” ― David Brin </font>

You don't understand my point at all. You're being extremely shortsighted.

Maybe today, July 11th, 5mbps is enough to load web pages, and stream videos and music, but you know what happens?

Those videos become higher and higher resolutions. Music becomes higher and higher quality. Web pages become more demanding. All these things require faster and faster data connections.

Historically, the web itself advances faster than the data connections used to navigate it (at least in the US).

So when Sprint rolls out it's brand spanking new network and within months it is already showing signs of being at over capacity is some areas, that's not a good thing.

Phones are constantly getting more powerful, the web more evolved, your 5mbps data connection isn't going to cut it. And that's going to happen faster than you think.

I read through this thread from time to time, and I understand that you're a Sprint fanboy that you have an emotional attachment to your cellphone provider that clouds the mind of logic and reason. In the world in which you reside, Sprint can do no wrong, and we are all privileged just to have Sprint in our lives to take our hard earned dollars.

Trolling this thread and telling everyone that posts a slow speed test or speaks highly of another carrier to leave must be a wonderful way to spend one's life (and I'm sure the Sprint gods will reward you for your services to their cause in the next life as well, shoot they may even give you early upgrades back).

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
You don't understand my point at all. You're being extremely shortsighted.

Maybe today, July 11th, 5mbps is enough to load web pages, and stream videos and music, but you know what happens?

Those videos become higher and higher resolutions. Music becomes higher and higher quality. Web pages become more demanding. All these things require faster and faster data connections.

Historically, the web itself advances faster than the data connections used to navigate it (at least in the US).

So when Sprint rolls out it's brand spanking new network and within months it is already showing signs of being at over capacity is some areas, that's not a good thing.

Phones are constantly getting more powerful, the web more evolved, your 5mbps data connection isn't going to cut it. And that's going to happen faster than you think.

I read through this thread from time to time, and I understand that you're a Sprint fanboy that you have an emotional attachment to your cellphone provider that clouds the mind of logic and reason. In the world in which you reside, Sprint can do no wrong, and we are all privileged just to have Sprint in our lives to take our hard earned dollars.

Trolling this thread and telling everyone that posts a slow speed test or speaks highly of another carrier to leave must be a wonderful way to spend one's life (and I'm sure the Sprint gods will reward you for your services to their cause in the next life as well, shoot they may even give you early upgrades back).

No, I just love how everybody whines about sprint I find it funny... Don't like their service then why did you sign a freaking contract with them. You even have 30 days to cancel said contract for no extra charge, so if your stuck with bad service your blame shouldn't be at sprint, time to start pointing the finger at the mirror your looking into every morning because the blame falls on yourself. I am more than happy with sprint paying my heavily discounted bills with data speeds that handle everything I throw at it with ease.. Point is, quit whining and move on if it's that bad, you all sound like 14 year old girls with all this whining :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

lvpre

Jun 23, 2011
Sprint has really done a lot of working upgrading their service. It isn't perfect, but they are definitely headed in the right direction. Plus, it is a cell phone...not a home computer. This is why people have cable internet...to download large files and watch hd videos.

Reactions: flastnoles11

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Sprint is building a new network from the ground up, it can only get better. They didn't take something that already existed or modified it. Something which will not develop. I live in a major metropolitan area with over 2.5 million people and since Network Vision turned on in November i average anywhere from 18 to 26mbps all day every day and best at home. Good enough that I don't pay for Internet service at home we all tether into the computer and I can wifi the signal through the house for all laptops.
Also last thing this is the Sprint S3 section for sprint users. If anyone is trolling is those who do not use sprint and are here bashing. If you are not on Sprint or left sprint go be a fanboy of your new provider in the threads for that device. Do not come to these threads to stir nonsensical stuff up. But to call people names and take offense to him giving you facts about his service where he lives is un called for.

Sent from the future via Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

lvpre

Jun 23, 2011
Sprint is building a new network from the ground up, it can only get better. GThey didn't take something that already existed or modified it. Something which will not develop. I live in a major metropolitan area with over 2.5 million people and since Network Vision turned on in November i average anywhere from 18 to 26mbps all day every day and best at home. Good enough that I don't pay for Internet service at home we all tether into the computer and I can wifi the signal through the house for all laptops.
Also last thing this is the Sprint S3 section for sprint users. If anyone is trolling is those who do not use sprint and are here bashing. If you are not on Sprint or left sprint go be a fanboy of your new provider in the threads for that device. Do not come to these threads to stir nonsensical stuff up. But to call people names and take offense to him giving you facts about his service where he lives is un called for.

How much data do you use a month like that? Downloading a rom is about a gb itself. I thought about doing the same, but we watch a lot of Amazon streams and shows online.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Unlimited Data... Only carrier with TRUE unlimited data. :D:D

EvoTillIdIE

Apr 1, 2011
I have been with sprint for five years. No complaints now that the upgrades have been done in my are of PA. I get 23mbs at work right down the street from home.
In most cases sprint is just upgrading existing towers. you can go on sprints website and view if your area has been upgraded and what towers. I have yet to see new network towers. To call it a whole new network or to believe it is so is a mis conception on your part.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never. The service is serviceable but the unlimited data for the price is unbeatable.

Just out of curiosity.. what promises did Sprint make? Find me an official press release or anything of that sort in reference to a promise made.

For the record, everyone seems to forget that Sprint isn't just adding LTE like AT&T/VZW did. It's an ENTIRE network rebuild. Do some of you think that these things happen overnight and are financed by magical dollars?
    I've decided to leave Sprint. After years of seeing crap like this "Sprint reports quarterly net loss of $643 million, sees iPhone sales drop by a third", I have realized that I can't deal with it any longer. T-Mobile will be my next carrier and I will be getting the S4 (32gb) on it.
    Well every area is different. In the Dallas area Sprint is a joke as far as data speeds. Slowest 3G and slowest LTE now in the few areas that have it. I don't know anyone that is on Sprint and that are actually happy with it.

You do now, in very happy with sprint, i pay a tiny bill for 3 lines (less than 80) and get speeds fast enough to tether the ps3 for Netflix and games and anything else i want, can't complain at all

The line about Sprint doesn't get latest phones is untrue. They also actually lead in US carriers in getting updates out their phones quicker than most others. Again they are doing a complete Nationwide revamp of their network and adding new LTE. This doesn't occur overnight and takes several years to finalize. I can say that the new network upgrades are amazing and I love them. I have been on their network Vision for almost a year and it's great. But it's understandable that there are pockets an areas that the upgrades will take longer and some areas which may never get good coverage from Sprint as there are areas that other carriers have bad coverage in as well. There's a lot of politics involved in where towers get put up and in who gets to put them up. As a smart consumer you need to know which providers will have the better coverage in the area you live. But to generalize as a whole is just not correct.