[Q]

Search This thread

paulmguest

Jun 12, 2014
Hi all,

I have very minimal knowledge when it comes to Android development - I have never flashed a rom, but I have rooted my phone. Recently, I purchased an AT&T Note 3 from my little brother after he had tried his hand at modifying the phone. He rooted it, flashed Knoxraid, didn't like it, and wanted to revert - he removed root, kind of stupidly, before doing anything else. Now, the phone runs Knoxraid, but isn't rooted and I have been unable to get root again. What am I doing wrong, or what don't I understand?

Thank you all.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Hi all,

I have very minimal knowledge when it comes to Android development - I have never flashed a rom, but I have rooted my phone. Recently, I purchased an AT&T Note 3 from my little brother after he had tried his hand at modifying the phone. He rooted it, flashed Knoxraid, didn't like it, and wanted to revert - he removed root, kind of stupidly, before doing anything else. Now, the phone runs Knoxraid, but isn't rooted and I have been unable to get root again. What am I doing wrong, or what don't I understand?

Thank you all.

do you want to revert to stock all together? if so i could walk you through that and you could reroot it.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle

download this here and unzip it when its done http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=25106 its android 4.3 so if you want kitkat make sure that kitkat has a root guide if there is one.

download odin here also https://mega.co.nz/#!UdRRyCAT!H4FyVxYynNWvXqRNmnpMGQRCP-dG3uykgP2pT4rh8Ek unzip it as well
Take out your battery and go into download mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons) open odin and connect your phone (in download mode) to your computer, make sure in odin one of the id:com boxes changes color after you plug in your phone. (i dont know what color it is in odin 3.0.9 i have older samsung phones so older odin name for me lol) select AP and select wherever you put the firmware, Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked after that click start and sit back and watch, be sure to move your files onto your computer if you need any from it like pictures/music.