[Q] Return to Sony Stock from GPe rom

Search This thread

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
Hi guys, I am going to give my Z Ultra 6833to my sister and I want to return it back to stock Sony firmware. Can someone help me with the procedure on how to do it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just want to add that I have an older backup of my DRM keys and would like to know if it can be Flashed back after going back to stock.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
Download an official c6833 ftf.
Download the latest Flashtool.
Copy paste the ftf into the firmwares folder in Flashtool folder.
Open flashtool. Select the icon on the top left and select flashmode. Then select the ftf you want to flash.
When Flashtool prompts you to connect your phone, press and hold the volume down button while connecting. (oh i forgot one step. After installing flashtool, install the flashmode and fastboot drivers from the drivers folder)
After the flashing ends, unplug and start your phone. Root it. Then restore the DRM keys and you are done :) for easy rooting, use the towelroot method. You will find it around these forums. Good luck!

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

The latest FTF would be the .108 ftf of android 4.4.4 :D

Reactions: keithleyson

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
awesome thanks. did not realize it was the same method as before.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download an official c6833 ftf.
    Download the latest Flashtool.
    Copy paste the ftf into the firmwares folder in Flashtool folder.
    Open flashtool. Select the icon on the top left and select flashmode. Then select the ftf you want to flash.
    When Flashtool prompts you to connect your phone, press and hold the volume down button while connecting. (oh i forgot one step. After installing flashtool, install the flashmode and fastboot drivers from the drivers folder)
    After the flashing ends, unplug and start your phone. Root it. Then restore the DRM keys and you are done :) for easy rooting, use the towelroot method. You will find it around these forums. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

The latest FTF would be the .108 ftf of android 4.4.4 :D