[Q] 4.4.4 update on xt1053 on AT&T network?

Search This thread

bwhite333

Sep 4, 2011
[I have no idea how OTAs are staged, so I hope this isn't the worst question ever asked in these forums]

I have a Moto X GSM (xt1053) that I got through Motorola using motomaker. I'm on the AT&T network, and things are working fine.

Since AT&T Moto Xs are xt1058, will my phone get the 4.4.4 OTA correctly?

Thanks

AGISCI

Apr 21, 2013
Concepción
www.cromer.cl
[I have no idea how OTAs are staged, so I hope this isn't the worst question ever asked in these forums]

I have a Moto X GSM (xt1053) that I got through Motorola using motomaker. I'm on the AT&T network, and things are working fine.

Thanks

Yes, you will receive the OTA just fine. The network that you are using won't affect it at all.

Reactions: bwhite333

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Anyone know why the XT1053 is the last X variant to get 4.4.4?

Republic Wireless is still on 4.4.2, so you're not the last....

Anyways, the only known difference between 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 is the ssl and a couple other patches. Extremely minimal difference. There most lilkely wouldn't have been a 4.4.4 if the ssl bug wasn't discovered - we all would have likely went straight to L (eventually).

Reactions: yankeesfan714

AGISCI

Apr 21, 2013
Concepción
www.cromer.cl
From what I have read the system version in tmobile 4.4.3 is the same as the other 4.4.4 releases. So we don't need the 4.4.4 update since we are already patched.

bwhite333

Sep 4, 2011
From what I have read the system version in tmobile 4.4.3 is the same as the other 4.4.4 releases. So we don't need the 4.4.4 update since we are already patched.

I thought I had posted this earlier sorry if it is redundent

If you "click here for details" on this page (for the various carriers) motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/94927/p/30,6720,8696

It looks like we are missing the OpenSSL patch, but have everything else. That said isn't the OpenSSL the most important portion of the patch?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Yes, you will receive the OTA just fine. The network that you are using won't affect it at all.
    Anyone know why the XT1053 is the last X variant to get 4.4.4?

Republic Wireless is still on 4.4.2, so you're not the last....

Anyways, the only known difference between 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 is the ssl and a couple other patches. Extremely minimal difference. There most lilkely wouldn't have been a 4.4.4 if the ssl bug wasn't discovered - we all would have likely went straight to L (eventually).