How much do you use the slide out keyboard?

Search This thread

sure haven't

Feb 5, 2009
So I've had mine for a few weeks now, and I can still count the number of times I've used the physical keyboard on one hand lol. I'm not even sure why. It's fine when I use it, but the onscreen one is just -so- fast and responsive. I can type much much faster with the onscreen one.

On the flip side I like that it's there just in case I need it for some reason (needing to type something really specific, etc).

But yeah, how much do you use it?

weatherx

Feb 28, 2011
anything more than a few words and i whip out the physical board. even if the screen view is locked to portrait.

shiftylock

Jul 18, 2009
Columbus, OH
anything more than a few words and i whip out the physical board. even if the screen view is locked to portrait.

same here, mainly because for some reason the fact that my phone has a smiley button is hilarious to me. Also, just a little fun fact, the keyboard backlight will turn on when you click on an area to enter text, but otherwise stays off. Nifty, ehhh?

fb401

Apr 26, 2006
Philly, PA
www.defconjive.com
I use my keyboard A LOT. I never entered text using the on screen keyboard, that is, until my screen light decided to start cutting off whenever I slid it out. Now I have to use the on screen.

resol341

Dec 16, 2009
Anyone care to tell me how to type a star (*) with the hard keyboard? I don't seem to find it anywhere....
Thanks

cmphone

Feb 21, 2011
Anyone care to tell me how to type a star (*) with the hard keyboard? I don't seem to find it anywhere....
Thanks

You have to use the symbol key and then touch the right arrow key on the onscreen keyboard that pops up to get to it - pretty much the same way you would with the onscreen keyboard (&123 key then right arrow)

By the way, in case some don't know this, you can enter the blue (fn) function characters just by holding the physical key just a bit longer. Saves us from having to fiddle with the fn button everytime.

resol341

Dec 16, 2009
You have to use the symbol key and then touch the right arrow key on the onscreen keyboard that pops up to get to it - pretty much the same way you would with the onscreen keyboard (&123 key then right arrow)

By the way, in case some don't know this, you can enter the blue (fn) function characters just by holding the physical key just a bit longer. Saves us from having to fiddle with the fn button everytime.

Thanks a lot!

Best!

resol341

Dec 16, 2009
I also found something today. Long pressing the sym can switch input method. In my case, I can switch between English and Chinese. I might just be too retarded to find out earlier ~ :D