DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
Update 11/05/11

StreakDroid7 1.3 :)

changelog
no huge changes
rebuilt kernel with more stability at higher overclocks, also auto detect speeds in setcpu will work fine now.
added GPU Overclock which also boosts the base gpu clock so performance should be increased all round
reduced the max framerate to fix gfx courrptions

http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/Streakdroid7-v1.3.zip

Update 22/04/11

time for a new build again :D

minor tweaks in this version and one large change :D

changelog:
Minor tweaks to kernel
Removed 1.6ghz Overclock
Tweaked 1.504ghz should work better
Added 1.3ghz clock speed
Finally managed to uncap the framerate of device, now hitting over 100fps on some items,
thanks to dexter_nlb for pointing me in the right direction on the above :)

overclock should be pretty much rock solid up to 1.4ghz but above that you may see lockups, also not all devices are the same and some will not handle overclock as well

download link: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/Streakdroid7-v1.2.zip

Please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :D - any amount is appreciated
GBP Donate | USD Donate

Attachments

• s7linpackafter.jpg
    s7linpackafter.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3,650
  • s7linpackb4.jpg
    s7linpackb4.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2,886
  • s7quadafter.jpg
    s7quadafter.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4,007
  • s7quadbefore.jpg
    s7quadbefore.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4,048
  • s7setcpuafter.jpg
    s7setcpuafter.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 3,015
  • s7setcpub4.jpg
    s7setcpub4.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2,738
Last edited:

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
Second day with the device. I don't have interwebz so in out till Monday! Oh well enjoy

sent from ???

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
Running now.

Quand Score 3020!

So far so good. No issue encountered yet.

Edit1
Dungeon Defender Stuck the entire device everytime it runs. But it's ok. Their updates failed even under 2.2.2 sometimes too.

Edit 2
Every HD videos / H.264 will freeze unless I set the SetCPU profile as 216 - 1400 mhz.
Previously was 1200 - 1400 mhz (maybe this is too greedy of a setting)

Last edited:

lou0611

Sep 24, 2008
Yardley
Getting my Unit Tuesday, My replacement, was thinking about sellign for Acer Iconia, but now the Dj_steve got this rolling, cant wait.

Hey guys what do I need to do to my new device to get this on it, I been out of the loop for 2 weeks.

Thanks
Lou (Original CWM Guinea Pig)

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
flash cwr. wipe then flash. I like whats in store for the s7! love having the underdog. and with dj at the helm goods things to come i suspect.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Put profile for screen off at 216-1400. Battery burning almost twice faster. So now I am testing with off screen setting 216-800 and lets see how

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA App

I always put it on the min for both the min/max when the screen is off(usually power save or conservative governor depending on the kernel). I mean you really need close to zero cpu when your screen is off so running it even at 800 is a waste of power. I would suggest doing a screen off profile of a min/max of 216/216. It also helps keep the temp down

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
In case people didn't know this includes binaries to easily remount your system partition. They are pretty self-explanatory.

rosystem
rwsystem

you can use those in any terminal program you choose (or an adb shell). Steve - you should drop AppWidgetPicker.apk into the system/app folder, makes a much nicer widget selection dialog. Also, maybe you could remove the extra crap, like it doesn't need to flash the modem or recovery, I was just too lazy to remove those extra steps from the install script.

Thanks for this! Flashing now.

Gps is broken for me...
04-16 08:37:11.181: ERROR/gps_BRCM(1146): Failed to connect to the gps driver (/dev/socket/gps) errno(2)

Restored my backup to be sure - no problem there. I re-added some of the apk's to /system/app that were removed, as my first attempt to get it working. If this doesn't work, I am going to try to revert some of the lib changes you made, maybe one of those is b0rking something up. Not an apk, going to restore and just flash your boot.img and see how that works out...

Alright, did another restore, tested again (fine)... this time I included the old lib directory and got massive kernel panics (made a second attempt at this thinking I did something wrong - boots fine, no GPS, gotta be in the kernel - right?). Guess the last test is to just flash your boot image...

Last test - restored backup flashed your boot.img (think it flashed - no error returned). Booted up fine, GPS - a no go). Gotta be a kernel thing.

Last edited:

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
yep yep and yep :) ive also stablised the overclock more, pushed the voltages up slightly but its made it far more stable and doesn seem to lockup here now, will upload new build later, adding some other edits to kernel too, also can someone on here please go ask some of the devs in the folio 100 and gtab forums what they had to change in nvrm_daemon to up the framerates as it appears the 7 is locked to 59fps at moment,

fps2d will show this for reference:
streak 7 @ 1.4ghz = 59fps max
Notion ink adam @ 1.0 ghz but with a 78hz modded nvrm hits 70fps easily

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
In case people didn't know this includes binaries to easily remount your system partition. They are pretty self-explanatory.

rosystem
rwsystem

you can use those in any terminal program you choose (or an adb shell). Steve - you should drop AppWidgetPicker.apk into the system/app folder, makes a much nicer widget selection dialog. Also, maybe you could remove the extra crap, like it doesn't need to flash the modem or recovery, I was just too lazy to remove those extra steps from the install script.

Thanks for this! Flashing now.

Gps is broken for me...
04-16 08:37:11.181: ERROR/gps_BRCM(1146): Failed to connect to the gps driver (/dev/socket/gps) errno(2)

Restored my backup to be sure - no problem there. I re-added some of the apk's to /system/app that were removed, as my first attempt to get it working. If this doesn't work, I am going to try to revert some of the lib changes you made, maybe one of those is b0rking something up. Not an apk, going to restore and just flash your boot.img and see how that works out...

Alright, did another restore, tested again (fine)... this time I included the old lib directory and got massive kernel panics (made a second attempt at this thinking I did something wrong - boots fine, no GPS, gotta be in the kernel - right?). Guess the last test is to just flash your boot image...

Last test - restored backup flashed your boot.img (think it flashed - no error returned). Booted up fine, GPS - a no go). Gotta be a kernel thing.

Yes. GPS is no go for me too.

Downloaded the new build. Now flashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 11/05/11

StreakDroid7 1.3 :)

changelog
    no huge changes
    rebuilt kernel with more stability at higher overclocks, also auto detect speeds in setcpu will work fine now.
    added GPU Overclock which also boosts the base gpu clock so performance should be increased all round
    reduced the max framerate to fix gfx courrptions

http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/Streakdroid7-v1.3.zip

Update 22/04/11

time for a new build again :D

minor tweaks in this version and one large change :D

changelog:
    Minor tweaks to kernel
    Removed 1.6ghz Overclock
    Tweaked 1.504ghz should work better
    Added 1.3ghz clock speed
    Finally managed to uncap the framerate of device, now hitting over 100fps on some items,
    thanks to dexter_nlb for pointing me in the right direction on the above :)

overclock should be pretty much rock solid up to 1.4ghz but above that you may see lockups, also not all devices are the same and some will not handle overclock as well

download link: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/Streakdroid7-v1.2.zip

Please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :D - any amount is appreciated
    GBP Donate | USD Donate
    Iam asking because the only way that i can flash a rom is thru NVflash because some how i dont have recovery installed iam having hard time to installed it. NV flash has been for me the only way to do it to flash a rom.

So can this rom flash thru NVflash possible?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Chipis, shoot me a PM. I had an issue at first getting CWM installed initially and I can walk you through NVFlash to get CWM installed.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Do some work on your own, learn how to use fastboot so you can flash recovery and get it fixed.

I have 7 android devices and I'm seeing an exodus in the forums from one of tolerance of those like yourself that REFUSE to learn anything by the more experienced to a state of disgust. The mods may be a bunch of lazies that would rather be in the graces of the noobs but the devs are getting sick of their threads having hundreds of posts with JUNK like yours that could be avoided with some simple effort

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Just because someone asks questions because they don't understand how to do something or are having issues, doesn't mean they haven't done their research or made attempts. We are and were all noobs at one point in time until someone aided us along the way to help in the process and eventually get us to where we are today in terms of modding, flashing and so on. If you have an issue with helping then don't bother to respond in a forum. The point of the forums is to work as a community together and advance our devices, not bash each other and halt progress. Thanks and have a good one. :D
    I have it. Let me drop it into my Google Drive for you.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0ozkQsJWIScU2pGYlJFMzV1cG8
    GIVEEN what do you have to be such an ass dude you act like you have a serious problem you always wanna hold something rather it's someone hands or their penis granted there are people here that needs help just like you did when you first started someone had to hold your hand and your penis as well unless your just that brilliant which i seriously doubt so "**** YOU"

That's where you're wrong buddy... those live giveen and myself and many many others came here when xda developers WAS MOSTLY DEVELOPERS and we DID NOT get spoon fed and had to figure stuff out FROM EXISTING MATERIAL. Its all there... the noobs are too lazy to search.... end of discussion... no other way to look at it....

Sent from my AOKP M6 TouchPad using TapaTalk 2