[Q] One "bricked" after installing OneDroid with CM11

Search This thread

Shariner

Feb 13, 2014
Heyho,

so i make it short and i hope you can help me.

I had a long time InsertCoin on my One.

I want to change it and search for Cyanogenmod. On my HTC DHD it works great. But that's only 7.3 or so.

Sure, i want to have the new CM 11 with KitKat. On InsertCoin i had KitKat too but there weren't the KitKat Features like klicking on KitKat System info to open an animation.

I search and find OneDroid Here in xda-developers

So download and copied to my internal storage.

Let's go to the Recovery. ( Before that. i had backed up my device with TWRP and Titanium Backup and copied the data files to my PC for recovering)

So i click install, choose the Rom. its start, doesn't find an MD5 File (IDK what that is but in insertCoin it wasn't there too and it works) after some minutes it says sucessfull installed. It restart.

The restart takes up to 10 minutes. And Yeah! What i see? The Lockscreen... For 1 second. Then i got very very very very lot messages of: process.com.phone has stopped or else. The CyanogeMod Account Programm stopped too.

I cant click anything - nothing possible. so i turn off and tryed to install my Backup but that was on my PC and one OneDroid Crashes the PC Driver wont be loaded.

I tried to get the OneDroid Rom over adb sideload to install (maybe the Zip on my phone was broken??) but the same. Crashes about crashes.

At the moment i try to install InsertCoin over ADB Sideload. First Try failed. he stand by 0 for over 10 minutes.

After that i will load my Backup to my internal Storage and run that.

I hope it works!!!!

ok... doesnt work... Mod edit removed suggestion of swear word.

Can you help me???

Last edited by a moderator:

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Did you forget to wipe data and system (NOT SD CARD) before installing the ROM?

marcmicalizzi

Feb 3, 2014
with OneDroid if you don't do a clean install (wipe before install) cyanogenmod account will crash every time and make the phone unusable. make sure to wipe first :) also when reflashing onedroid after using for a little while if phone disappears and doesn't work properly flash a stock gpe rom and then reflash onedroid on it to fix.

Shariner

Feb 13, 2014
No I have clicked wipe cache and system

Thx. Marcmicalizzi - but that not solve my problem. I thought it will ask me whether I want to perform a full wipe, therefor I was a bit wondered that I haven't any preferences which I can change in the installation

So I found the solution and have a next question.

At first the solution for the "experienced users" and as second the faster and easier solution. Both work!

So if your Device crashed all the time because you didn't perform a full wipe, hopefully you have installed your programs for rooting your one. With that you can sideload a Rom and install it. Click at the aroma installation perform a full wipe!!!

If you want to do it very very easier and you don't have so much skills and experience in adb via commands you can install the all in one rootkit for the HTC one. Left down, there is a list. The first entry is the command for sideload a Rom. Click on it and follow the tips on the screen. On TWRP you start the sideload mode in the recovery under advance/sideload.

So you can fix your phone

WARNING!! Very important is (by me it hasn't work without it) if you start the sideload mode on your phone, don't check wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.

It hasn't began the installation.

Tomorrow I can upload some pictures and links

So I'm back to InsertCoin.

One question. Before I want to switch to onedroid, I did an Rom backup. I want to restore it but it stopped and didn't go further...

After 20minutes I break that up and install the Rom clear.

Are I'm allowed to copie the backup to my PC and later again back to my one? I gave it a new name but renamed on my phone the old name.

Is that one of the reasons that it didn't work correctly?

Thx.

Best regards Sharin ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk