[Q] Usb Malfunctioned?

Search This thread

Jexbox

Dec 10, 2013
Mumbai
Yesterday I plugged my phone with usb to the pc but it didn't recognize it, When I tried with another cable , One of the devices you connected was not recognized" this message popped, the phone was recognized day before yesterday and before that but suddenly it's unrecognized by the system. How do I fix this? I tried plugging my phone to my friend's pc but still it gives the same error,

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Yesterday I plugged my phone with usb to the pc but it didn't recognize it, When I tried with another cable , One of the devices you connected was not recognized" this message popped, the phone was recognized day before yesterday and before that but suddenly it's unrecognized by the system. How do I fix this? I tried plugging my phone to my friend's pc but still it gives the same error,

Do you have HTC sync installed? Or have you ever had the right drivers installed on this PC? If so you can try go into device manager on windows, select the malfunction device and manually change its driver to the HTC drivers and see if that works :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Jexbox

Dec 10, 2013
Mumbai
Do you have HTC sync installed? Or have you ever had the right drivers installed on this PC? If so you can try go into device manager on windows, select the malfunction device and manually change its driver to the HTC drivers and see if that works :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Yea It used to detect my phone earlier but suddenly it has stopped, with the stock usb cable nothing gets detected, and when I try with others it pops the message that it is unrecognized.

Jexbox

Dec 10, 2013
Mumbai
Have you tried
Code:
adb devices
?

What does it say?

It returns nothing
jiwu9olx5

even tried to run fastboot in bootloader, It doesn't detect the phone which it used to detect previously, the phone is still in warranty but I can't give it because I can't even restore my stock backup as I won't be able to flash the stock kernel again :( is there any other way to return to stock?

Last edited:

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
It returns nothing
jiwu9olx5

even tried to run fastboot in bootloader, It doesn't detect the phone which it used to detect previously, the phone is still in warranty but I can't give it because I can't even restore my stock backup as I won't be able to flash the stock kernel again :( is there any other way to return to stock?

OK panic not.

First see if you can test it on another computer. The HOV doesn't agree with USB3.0 so if you have any usb ports that aren't that, then try it there. Is the phone S-OFF? If so you could try and flash by putting the rom.zips on your sd-card then rebooting into recovery.

Also can you check adb with the other cables as well?

Jexbox

Dec 10, 2013
Mumbai
OK panic not.

First see if you can test it on another computer. The HOV doesn't agree with USB3.0 so if you have any usb ports that aren't that, then try it there. Is the phone S-OFF? If so you could try and flash by putting the rom.zips on your sd-card then rebooting into recovery.

Also can you check adb with the other cables as well?

I tested it on other 2 computers with 3 different cables, Adb doesn't detect my phone, The phone is S-ON, I tested it on all ports still no recognition, The phone charges through the USB but it is not recognized, I also looked at the HTC Dumlock method as I have TWRP installed, should I try that ?

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
I tested it on other 2 computers with 3 different cables, Adb doesn't detect my phone, The phone is S-ON, I tested it on all ports still no recognition, The phone charges through the USB but it is not recognized, I also looked at the HTC Dumlock method as I have TWRP installed, should I try that ?

That is very strange indeed, if it charges then it should be recognised by ADB. Are you sure your running adb from a folder it works from, are the drivers installed on the computers you tested it on?

I don't know anything about the Dumlock method so really can't advise

Jexbox

Dec 10, 2013
Mumbai
That is very strange indeed, if it charges then it should be recognised by ADB. Are you sure your running adb from a folder it works from, are the drivers installed on the computers you tested it on?

I don't know anything about the Dumlock method so really can't advise

Yea, it is strange, I was running adb for a long time on my pc and it was working and this thing has just started recently, I've read many similar posts with this strange problem but none of them give an solution to it.

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
Ok another idea you could try is flashing a different rom. I am plucking at straws here though, as all our 4.2.2 roms are currently based on 1ceb0xs one anyway. Have you tried re-installing the rom from recovery?