[Q] Where is Internal Storage?

Search This thread

jjcorral

Nov 18, 2011
hi,

i broke my phone it is completely dead. i need to figure out a way to pull off data from the internal storage. i have a replacement phone coming in today and was wondering where the internal storage in located. i have dismantled the broken phone and if possible will swap internals so i can pull off the data i need. so can someone tell me where the internal storage is located?

Please and thank you!

JC

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset
If i remember rightly from a thread i glanced at a while ago, the note 3 internal memory is hard-wired (soldered) on the board...

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
thanks! so if i swap the boards i should be able to grab that data correct?

Wow. You are adventurous. But no. The flash memory is ON the board. You would have to desolder and resolder it. Which is basically impossible on the scales that these devices are built. I don't think you can get to that data anymore....

EDIT: Unless your board is fine, in which case, I guess you could do a swap. But there is a more than good chance of destroying your new phone as well.

Reactions: antique_sonic

jjcorral

Nov 18, 2011
i dismantled what i could.
is there another behind the plastic between the LED?

Attachments

• galaxy-note-3-motherboard-and-camera.jpg
    galaxy-note-3-motherboard-and-camera.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 81

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks! so if i swap the boards i should be able to grab that data correct?

Wow. You are adventurous. But no. The flash memory is ON the board. You would have to desolder and resolder it. Which is basically impossible on the scales that these devices are built. I don't think you can get to that data anymore....

EDIT: Unless your board is fine, in which case, I guess you could do a swap. But there is a more than good chance of destroying your new phone as well.