[Q] Problems with this phone?

Search This thread

xdaforo

Dec 4, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Any important reasons, as known issues, common problems or anything to know in order to avoid purchasing for this device?

I've read about battery issues related with being battery li-po type.

Anything that I should know about?

It looks quite fragile and breakable too, but thats another problem, lol.

grunch21

Feb 13, 2014
Any important reasons, as known issues, common problems or anything to know in order to avoid purchasing for this device?

Problems? You are a glass-half-empty guy aren't you? Lol:D
I think this is the best phone i could get in this price range, specs wise. At least in my country.
Battery is good so far. Certainly better than Xperia SP, even though it has less capacity. Amazing screen, speaker is clear, good build quality. Camera is a bit meh though. Overall it's a really good phone. The only minus is it doesn't support external storage.

Reactions: xdaforo

stratdevel

Feb 5, 2014
U r not going to have any problems with the battery. The is a excellent phone. The camera with low lighting has some quality issues, and the biggest problem is the lack of updates. We r stuck on android 4.1, the hardware is capable but the software is old, for example u can't use Bluetooth LE devices. ..

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
Battery will hold about 2 days, depending on your useage

Camera is best when used with another software

Audio quality is bad

The rest is pretty good, if you forget the lack of update from LG.

IMHO, I would go for a Nexus 4, same specs, fraction of the price, better support.

xdaforo

Dec 4, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I think this is the best phone i could get in this price range, specs wise. At least in my country.
Battery is good so far. Certainly better than Xperia SP, even though it has less capacity. Amazing screen, speaker is clear, good build quality. Camera is a bit meh though. Overall it's a really good phone. The only minus is it doesn't support external storage.

Well, not really. Just a realistic guy who cares about how industry and economy have led us to buy stuff that last 10 times less than things lasted before. I just want those 10 times to be reduced somehow so I study quite a lot what the perfect purchase would be among my interests.

The other phone that I was considering was actually the Xperia SP. Battery on the sp with stock rom performs perfect. We have this phone at home and I saw how it lasted 2 days using airplane mode at nights together with a moderate use along the day.

On the other hand, hardware is supposed to be worse, and actually less energy consumer -2 cores against 4. So I doubt about Xperia sp performing worse than optimus g in that field.

U r not going to have any problems with the battery. The is a excellent phone. The camera with low lighting has some quality issues, and the biggest problem is the lack of updates. We r stuck on android 4.1, the hardware is capable but the software is old, for example u can't use Bluetooth LE devices. ..

Updates wil come finally, I think

Audio quality is bad

IMHO, I would go for a Nexus 4, same specs, fraction of the price, better support.

I droped it for 3 times and its ok!
But I bought full insurance :)

Does this mean that you already broke it and you had to use that nice insurance? :)

thanks for all your comments and opinions

Jan 20, 2014
Well, not really. Just a realistic guy who cares about how industry and economy have led us to buy stuff that last 10 times less than things lasted before. I just want those 10 times to be reduced somehow so I study quite a lot what the perfect purchase would be among my interests.

The other phone that I was considering was actually the Xperia SP. Battery on the sp with stock rom performs perfect. We have this phone at home and I saw how it lasted 2 days using airplane mode at nights together with a moderate use along the day.

On the other hand, hardware is supposed to be worse, and actually less energy consumer -2 cores against 4. So I doubt about Xperia sp performing worse than optimus g in that field.

Updates wil come finally, I think

Does this mean that you already broke it and you had to use that nice insurance? :)

thanks for all your comments and opinions
No, its ok. Not even a scrach:))

niyazidk

Jul 13, 2006
Copenhagen

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655237

Biker1121

Jul 22, 2012

Audio quality is bad

Hi,
what do u mean that camera is better with other soft? Stock soft is horrible and it all because flash focus is missing. I've tried kernel with this but it's not good yet but question is what software do u meant? thanks

xdaforo

Dec 4, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
No, its ok. Not even a scrach:))

Good to know.

I don't think this is a real problem with the phone.

Geeeze bro! You can't put a bad flash in the "known issue" section...

indeed

Hi,
what do u mean that camera is better with other soft? Stock soft is horrible and it all because flash focus is missing. I've tried kernel with this but it's not good yet but question is what software do u meant? thanks

I think he means using third party software to take the photos. But it my experiencie it doesn't help too much since all the software use the same "limit/native values" or whatever u call them (aperture and shutter speed settings and so on) when taking a photo. So that means that, unless the "stock camera software" makes and awful work when choosing what paremeters to use, you won't notice big differences between obtained results.

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
I think he means using third party software to take the photos. But it my experiencie it doesn't help too much since all the software use the same "limit/native values" or whatever u call them (aperture and shutter speed settings and so on) when taking a photo. So that means that, unless the "stock camera software" makes and awful work when choosing what paremeters to use, you won't notice big differences between obtained results.

This was taken at the same place, using the same settings, same light, etc. See for yourself:

Photo taken by OEM software:

Photo taken by LG Camera

xdaforo

Dec 4, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
This was taken at the same place, using the same settings, same light, etc. See for yourself:

Photo taken by OEM software:

Photo taken by LG Camera

Well I don't see where you wanna get. Actually I dont know which one do u like the most. I just see a more natural color but a much more noisy shot than with the second one.

Where I want to go is that you can get those 2 results with both app cameras, playing around with manual settings. The problem is that 90% of people don't use them and just press the butom and take the photo.

So what makes the difference when choosing one app instead the other is actually depending only on how the automatic mode works..

Last edited:

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
In part, I know I can get a better quality on the OEM software using custom ISO settings, but the image will get blurry easely, which is not realy an option unless you take "still subjects".

The grainy feel on the first one is realy beyond what I could consider an "average" quality.

grunch21

Feb 13, 2014

Good point.

I was torn between buying SP, nexus 4 and LGOG. SP has larger battery capacity and external storage, nexus 4 has direct update from google. But i ended up buying LGOG cos it has better hardware, nicer screen than SP, and larger storage than Nexus 4. I bought my sister the SP though, and she loves it!

xdaforo

Dec 4, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Good point.

I was torn between buying SP, nexus 4 and LGOG. SP has larger battery capacity and external storage, nexus 4 has direct update from google. But i ended up buying LGOG cos it has better hardware, nicer screen than SP, and larger storage than Nexus 4. I bought my sister the SP though, and she loves it!

all are good options i guess. thank you for all ur comments

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Audio quality is bad

I droped it for 3 times and its ok!
    But I bought full insurance :)
    Geeeze bro! You can't put a bad flash in the "known issue" section...