[APP] [Xposed] Cyclic Lock - Cycle your passcodes!

Search This thread

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Have you ever noticed how easy it is to figure out someone's password or pattern when they enter it just by watching their finger/thumb placement?

Well, I can! So I thought if i can figure that out so can others. So instead of changing your pattern, password, or pin every time you unlock, you simply set up three with this module.

Then, each time you unlock your phone, the app will switch to your next pattern, pin or password. Simple!

After your first unlock, you will need to grant my app root access for it to work properly.

Thanks for checking this out! Hit thanks and donate to show your support!

Please report any issues with details entailing the issue specifically!

***IF THIS IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU, YOU MUST PROVIDE ME WITH AN XPOSED LOG. IF ANYTHING FORCE CLOSES, YOU MUST PROVIDE ME WITH A LOGCAT. GOOGLE CAN HELP YOU GET THOSE***
I can not help you if you do not help me. I am only saying this once. READ THE OP!

Last edited:

ae4evr

Aug 28, 2013
Working fine on my tab without giving any impact on my lockdown app. Great job .

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Reactions: killoid

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Can you make a feature that allows you to use all of the three patterns?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you wish to be able to unlock your device when one of the three patterns are entered? That's possible but I really don't understand. That greatly reduces the level of security you have as you now have 3 possible passwords it could be at any time versus just one.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

kalel29

Dec 2, 2010
I used this yesterday ,its a great idea,but how do i know when to enter a new pattern,pass or pin? cause some times it confuses me,maybe you can put a GUI to the module,and some steps,like 1.-draw the first pattern of the cycle,now put your pin ...... you know what i mean,cause yesterday i was trying to enter my passcode and instead of that it was the pin,and yes ,complete keyboard appeared,so i was thinking,well now its the turn to the passcode,and nope,it was the pin code,so i had a bad time trying to unlock the phone,the only way i managed to unlock it was going to the device administrator on google.

well thats my opinion,i will keep on track this one,cause its very interesting.

thanks.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I used this yesterday ,its a great idea,but how do i know when to enter a new pattern,pass or pin? cause some times it confuses me,maybe you can put a GUI to the module,and some steps,like 1.-draw the first pattern of the cycle,now put your pin ...... you know what i mean,cause yesterday i was trying to enter my passcode and instead of that it was the pin,and yes ,complete keyboard appeared,so i was thinking,well now its the turn to the passcode,and nope,it was the pin code,so i had a bad time trying to unlock the phone,the only way i managed to unlock it was going to the device administrator on google.

well thats my opinion,i will keep on track this one,cause its very interesting.

thanks.

Thats not how it works.

You cycle between 3 patterns. OR
You cycle between 3 PINs, OR
You cycle between 3 passwords.

You DO NOT cycle between each of the three types. The reason you are prompted for a pin after setting up your pattern is so if you forget your pattern you can use a fallback pin. That is a normal android feature.

kalel29

Dec 2, 2010
Thats not how it works.

You cycle between 3 patterns. OR
You cycle between 3 PINs, OR
You cycle between 3 passwords.

You DO NOT cycle between each of the three types. The reason you are prompted for a pin after setting up your pattern is so if you forget your pattern you can use a fallback pin. That is a normal android feature.

well ,thats strange,casue i was able to put a pass ,pin or pattern,and not one of the same. thats why i was unable to unlock the phone. but thanks for the info.

You should make a video for better explanation.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
well ,thats strange,casue i was able to put a pass ,pin or pattern,and not one of the same. thats why i was unable to unlock the phone. but thanks for the info.

You should make a video for better explanation.

What version android are you on?

gbodimowo

May 11, 2013
Texting out module but I don't know what to do since there is no ui

I have setup pin normally but I don't have the option of setting a 2nd pin am using gravity box module as well as cyanlock module which gives me 5x5 pattern I tried that too no way so what am I doing wrong

Last edited:

xDanVitox

Jan 13, 2009
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This is awesome but I can't seem to get more than two patterns to set unless I'm doing something wrong.

Also, I think it would be cool if there was a GUI where you can choose each of the three and whether you want them to be pattern, pin, etc. if that's possible.

Thank you!

His Dudeness

Feb 24, 2014
This is awesome but I can't seem to get more than two patterns to set unless I'm doing something wrong.

Also, I think it would be cool if there was a GUI where you can choose each of the three and whether you want them to be pattern, pin, etc. if that's possible.

Thank you!

Yup, pretty much same behaviour here.
Setup main password > choose pattern > 2nd pattern > done. :confused:
Kitkat here 4.4.2
----------
EDIT
----------
Trying to re-lock using zero delay but wont work, so when I go to lockscreen settings it says theres no locking method set... strange.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you ever noticed how easy it is to figure out someone's password or pattern when they enter it just by watching their finger/thumb placement?

Well, I can! So I thought if i can figure that out so can others. So instead of changing your pattern, password, or pin every time you unlock, you simply set up three with this module.

Then, each time you unlock your phone, the app will switch to your next pattern, pin or password. Simple!

After your first unlock, you will need to grant my app root access for it to work properly.

Thanks for checking this out! Hit thanks and donate to show your support!

Please report any issues with details entailing the issue specifically!

***IF THIS IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU, YOU MUST PROVIDE ME WITH AN XPOSED LOG. IF ANYTHING FORCE CLOSES, YOU MUST PROVIDE ME WITH A LOGCAT. GOOGLE CAN HELP YOU GET THOSE***
    I can not help you if you do not help me. I am only saying this once. READ THE OP!
    Finally, i made it throgh. Thanks for all the dev for this awesome hacks.

Installation:
    1. You know what to do with Xposed Framework, right? Just install it as we already know, and reboot.

2. From my experience first lockscreen will granted all unlock pattern, even its not your own pattern.

3. Go to Setting > Security > Screen Lock > Choose what unlock type you desired.

4. In my example, i used the pattern. So draw your FIRST pattern just you want, continue. (REMEMBER THIS AS FIRST PATTERN)

5. If there is no "Create your next pattern"(If pop-out exist, go to the #99 step below this tutor. If not follow the next step>), and put back to Setting, so REPEAT your screen lock. Confirm it with your FIRST pattern, and pick pattern again.

6. This time you will make the SECOND pattern. Just draw it. And continue. (REMEMBER THIS PATTERN AS THE SECOND)

7. So, you managed to save the SECOND pattern. Next to it, THERE IS "CREATE YOUR NEXT PATTERN". This is procedure to save the THIRD pattern. And just do it. (REMEMBER THIS PATTERN AS THE THIRD)

8. You've got to be remember, all the pattern formation, all the pattern queues(or just to note the whole pattern :p). If not dont try to test your lockscreen.

9. If you managed to remember it. Just try to unlock it.

10. First try, use the FIRST pattern. Success? Re-try it again with your SECOND and THRID pattern.

11. If you bored with pattern, and want to try password or pin. Give it a shot, and follow my step.

#99. If after the FIRST pattern saved, came out pop-out said "CREATE YOUR NEXT PATTERN". Click OK, now you will save the SECOND pattern. And came out pop-out again, OK. Now you will save the THIRD pattern.

Note :
    You are can't use the SECOND pattern after THIRD one. YOU'VE GOT TO UNLOCK IT LIKE QUEUEs. FIRST > SECOND > THIRD > FIRST > SECOND > THIRD
    All our brain given with EXTRA-ORDINARY performance, we only need to get it works. So don't blame the dev for not giving the GUI.

FELT HELPED? GET IT WORKS? CLICK Thanks, DUDE !:highfive::cowboy:

Ahh. That might be why. I'll have to test it on my s2.

Mine is not working properly. It only cycles when I reboot phone and not after entering code correctly. Three now using and still the same.
    Using Xperia z2 Lovins Rom.
    What could be the reason?

You have to provide a logcat as stated in the op.

Sent from my KnoxRaid Note 3!
    Can't get it to work

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk