Which rugged case would u choose and why?

Which u prefer?

• Total voters
Search This thread

cyben76

Apr 13, 2006
My previous rugged case was CaseMate Tough for Nexus One, served me well for 2yrs.

Now that i've bought HOX, i'm thinking of trying other case.

Which would u prefer and reason why... Best if its based on previous experience..

1) Ballistics HTC ONE X BALLISTIC SHELL GEL (SG) SERIES CASE
Link: http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/htc-one-x-ballistic-shell-gel-sg-series-case
htc_one_x_ballistic_sg_grande.jpg

2) Seidio CONVERT® Combo
Link: http://www.seidioonline.com/htc-one-x-gsm-convert-case-holster-black-p/bd4-hkr4htnxg.htm
BD4-HKR4HTNXG-6.jpg

3) OtterBox HTC ONE X DEFENDER SERIES CASE
update: Official Otterbox Defender case up on their website:
http://www.otterbox.com/htc-one-x-cases/htc-one-x-cases,default,sc.html
htc2-83100-g2-2.jpg

4) CaseMate Tough Case for HOX
Link: http://www.case-mate.com/HTC-One-X-Cases/Case-Mate-HTC-One-X-XL-Tough-Case.asp
getDynamicImage.aspx

5) Trident Case Kraken AMS for HTC One X
Link: http://www.tridentcase.eu/lang-en/htc/180-kraken-ams-for-one-x.html
kraken-ams-for-one-x.jpg

If there are anymore "rugged" case available for HOX do tell... :)

update:
Some videos from respective manufacturers to help you decide:

Case-Mate tough ( but i don't think my phone would fly that far)

Can't find any actual Seidio case test, only this one 4mins + of some kid trying to kill his phone and claims he's using Seidio Rugged case aka Convert:

Last edited:

cyben76

Apr 13, 2006
I would go for Trident because I prefer having a device that looks cool while having the protection I need.

Trident not only looks cool but it has almost everything I would want, kickstand, optional car mount (don't need remove case for car mount), tripod attachment, port plugs (keeps dirt and dust away from Ports). Impact protection, from their vids could even survive drop from 2 storey building (not sure if it's really true) only thing it doesn't have built in screen and camera protector like otterbox, but they do provide a static cling film. Just that I never used their case before so not sure of the quality

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

equlizer

Sep 20, 2007
The Seido version says its not compatible with the LTE version :(

Im still holding my breath for the otterbox defender.

gdelrosario

May 29, 2011
Mandaluyong
Isn't the Ballistics HTC ONE X BALLISTIC SHELL GEL (SG) SERIES CASE
more inline with Otterbox' commuter series and trident's aegis ?

in any case I went for the shell gel series :D

cyben76

Apr 13, 2006
Received email from Ballistics they won't be making the Hardcore Case that would be on par with Otterbox's Defender and Trident Kraken:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our Ballistic cases. Unfortunately, we will not be producing a Ballistic HC case for the HTC One X at this time. However, I will forward your request to our Engineering and Design Team for future considerations. If we can assist you with anything further please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Cindy
Customer Service
(954) 832-3502

Supaiku

Oct 18, 2010
I would use a holster, so the http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BD4-HKR4HTNXG is out. (plus, they have bad pics, I can't tell what's going on there...)

The http://www.tridentcase.eu/lang-en/htc/180-kraken-ams-for-one-x.html is enticing, but I don't know about their screen protector. I'd have to read some reviews. Although I don't expect I'd use the holster, it has a USB protector (which looks like it provides functionality), does not have a superfluous lense guard like seidio model (after all, it's inset so far...) and offers a nice kickstand! Looks slick enough too. I fear not bulk.

I dunno about the Ballistic case... they don't ahve enough info to sell me. Maybe. Seems a step up from what I have now, but lack features the kraken has...

There isn't an otter box, and if there will be is questionable. Plus, what I read about their built in screen protector is all pretty much negative - besides, it doesn't seem like any more than a normal screen protector...

Kraken gets my vote.

Gary_S

Apr 24, 2011
Really like the Trident Kraken case. I like the fact that is it like the Otterbox and has a built in screen protector. Phones arrive Tuesday and wish these companies would hurry and get their products out to market.

nimrod77

Apr 29, 2012
Brisbane
Has anyone got a supplier for the Kraken case apart from the OEM? 55 euros is WAY too much when there other cases are on E-bay for $24 AUD!

cyben76

Apr 13, 2006
Has anyone got a supplier for the Kraken case apart from the OEM? 55 euros is WAY too much when there other cases are on E-bay for $24 AUD!

Think it's not out yet, they might adjust the price once it's available. For reference you might take a look at Evo 3D prices in USD:
http://www.tridentcase.com/case/htc/htc-evo-3d-1.html

Last edited:

cyben76

Apr 13, 2006

cyben76

Apr 13, 2006
updated first post

updated first post with Otterbox Defender case details, and some vids to help u guys decide which "rugged" case

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
I don't like rugged cases, as rugged just means bulky,

However, I have owned a case-mate tough for the sgs2 and it was very solid (Very!), couldn't fault its protection or design - just added a bit too much bulk for my liking.

So, case-mate would be my choice.

- but I'd never get one as I wouldn't be sure of its thickness until I had it on my phone, if only I was one of those people who test products for company's all day. LOL

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

tiga2001

Jun 28, 2010
Kraken

I'm kind of upset that the One X doesn't have the same selection of cases as the iPhone, but I guess it's still pretty new, and the case manufacturers might be waiting to see the sales figures. Anyways, I originally thought that Otterbox was the only maker of these rugged cases for the One X. But now I see that there is more. I think the Trident Kraken would also be my choice, because it has the built-in screen protector like Otterbox but without the crappy reviews that Otterbox has. And it's not as bulky as I thought it would be, I guess every generation the case gets more and more stylish.

cyben76

Apr 13, 2006
I don't like rugged cases, as rugged just means bulky,

However, I have owned a case-mate tough for the sgs2 and it was very solid (Very!), couldn't fault its protection or design - just added a bit too much bulk for my liking.

So, case-mate would be my choice.

- but I'd never get one as I wouldn't be sure of its thickness until I had it on my phone, if only I was one of those people who test products for company's all day. LOL

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Rugged case is bulky, I don't use rugged case when I'm sitting on office, I just go caseless, phone protected with BestSkinsEver. I mostly used rugged case when I'm doing some outdoor activity..
But case like Case Mate tough doesn't really add much bulk IMO, for day to day use I find it still ok. Dropped my previous phone on tarmac a couple of times while getting out of a car, lucky I had Case Mate tough on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Isn't the Ballistics HTC ONE X BALLISTIC SHELL GEL (SG) SERIES CASE
    more inline with Otterbox' commuter series and trident's aegis ?

in any case I went for the shell gel series :D

Looks like it, but Ballistic doesn't have anything on par with Otterbox's Defender or Tridents Kraken yet

Yes, it will fit.
    I bought my ballistic case for the hox from a U.S site and it fit's perfectly.
    Really good case, feels premium - very high quality and nice for touch and ofc very protective.
    I think it's the best case i got my hands on.