Nvidia Gaming - Alternate to Chain fire?

Search This thread

Kobrax

Oct 15, 2012
Redditch
Hi

So last thing I need / want to get my phone doing everything I need it to do is to handle the Nvidia side of gaming.

As I can't get Chain fire 3D to install on my device (gets me stuck in boot evry time) is there an alternative way?

I just want to be a Le to play Dark Meadow and Horn and see what else S3 owners are needlessly missing out on due to Nvidia getting all kinds of exclusivity.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

KingpinZero

Apr 18, 2012
I think we just need to wait for chainfire to update :)

Sent from xda premium powered by GT-I9300 :D

Unfortunately this will not happen. Chainfire stated that with JB google rewrote the whole gpu driver framework and unless he puts himself into some heavy coding/reverse engineering theres no way to hookup the libraries that CF3d used in GB and ICS.
Hes lacking time and will to do so, since it would be a monster work.
So if you want to keep playing tegra games stay with ics, otherwise you may be interested into getting a nexus 7 which is cheap and maybe overclock it a bit.
Theres not much to do tbh, new tegra games arent working with CF3D anyway, saving a few older ones.
Its slowly begin to turn useless, only thing i will miss is probably SF4, now that capcom dropped the plans to port it to other android devices as well.
Also theres no point into getting a tegra 3 device just for those exclusives. At that point it would make sense to get a device such the neq ipod touch to play a huge library of games, tegra 3 ports as well (excluding the fact that some ios ports are lacking some tegra details or exclusives such Sumioni, but in turn you get a whole more).
Thats it, this is the current situation.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: qwerty12

manav113

Hi

So last thing I need / want to get my phone doing everything I need it to do is to handle the Nvidia side of gaming.

As I can't get Chain fire 3D to install on my device (gets me stuck in boot evry time) is there an alternative way?

I just want to be a Le to play Dark Meadow and Horn and see what else S3 owners are needlessly missing out on due to Nvidia getting all kinds of exclusivity.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
USe gltools.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think we just need to wait for chainfire to update :)

Sent from xda premium powered by GT-I9300 :D

Unfortunately this will not happen. Chainfire stated that with JB google rewrote the whole gpu driver framework and unless he puts himself into some heavy coding/reverse engineering theres no way to hookup the libraries that CF3d used in GB and ICS.
    Hes lacking time and will to do so, since it would be a monster work.
    So if you want to keep playing tegra games stay with ics, otherwise you may be interested into getting a nexus 7 which is cheap and maybe overclock it a bit.
    Theres not much to do tbh, new tegra games arent working with CF3D anyway, saving a few older ones.
    Its slowly begin to turn useless, only thing i will miss is probably SF4, now that capcom dropped the plans to port it to other android devices as well.
    Also theres no point into getting a tegra 3 device just for those exclusives. At that point it would make sense to get a device such the neq ipod touch to play a huge library of games, tegra 3 ports as well (excluding the fact that some ios ports are lacking some tegra details or exclusives such Sumioni, but in turn you get a whole more).
    Thats it, this is the current situation.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2