Getting Google "CLOUD" Music Sync working on the Fascinate (Froyo, not tested on 2.1)

Search This thread

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
FC'd for me a few times at the "Strat Peer" step. Figured it that permissions for the app weren't "sticking". Gave it permissions a few times through and it worked after that.

Thanks for this post. It's pretty cool.

kamileon

May 10, 2010
Phoenix
This looks awesome...great work.

My only question is how sure are we that our music synced to the "cloud" wont be deleted from the google server while they perfect the system and make changes. Im sure google has plenty of space on their server that we need not worry.

skafan2

Dec 28, 2010
This is looking awesome... I'm sick of having to resync all of my music every time I want new songs from my 100 GB collection. It looks like its working so far, so we'll how this work over the next few days.

Btw, just out of curiosity, what launcher/ROM is that? The app drawer looks sick.

DiGi91

Mar 28, 2010
Boston
This looks awesome...great work.

My only question is how sure are we that our music synced to the "cloud" wont be deleted from the google server while they perfect the system and make changes. Im sure google has plenty of space on their server that we need not worry.

Unknown at this time unfortunately so we just use it and see what happens lol :D

DiGi91

Mar 28, 2010
Boston
This is looking awesome... I'm sick of having to resync all of my music every time I want new songs from my 100 GB collection. It looks like its working so far, so we'll how this work over the next few days.

Btw, just out of curiosity, what launcher/ROM is that? The app drawer looks sick.

Xperia ARC launcher if you go the DarkREVENGE rom thread the 3rd post down you will see it I posted it there.

edit: Linky

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11842407&postcount=3

Last edited:
Reactions: skafan2

euklid

Mar 23, 2007
Miami,FL
Is there a limit how much music I can upload? I got like 20gb of mp3s.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Tkun

Oct 10, 2010
Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing! I think I'll use this to put the albums I've been wanting to add, but didn't because of space. Not gonna use it for my main music, since I want to be able to access that stuff whether or not I'm connected to the Internet and use PowerAMP instead. Nonetheless this will definitely be helpful for accessing the music that I want to, so thanks!

kamileon

May 10, 2010
Phoenix
So this all worked for me...my only issue is has been syncing for about three hours now...I'm running sc2.8nv

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
Yeah, mine has been syncing for about 3 hours and I only have like 2GB of music, although I've been doing other internet heavy stuff in the meantime (cloning jt1134's git repo and such).

Slightly annoying as I was going to flash AOSP tonight (got sick of the clock lag on EB01 and don't want to install a clock syncing app because that's another background service to worry about).

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
I don't have those account sync options on SC2.8 , like picassa and music.....my Google account sync page in accounts looks nothing like yours.

** nevermind I found it....

Last edited:

benpwarner

Jun 18, 2010
I'm having an issue playing the files. The music imported fine but whenever I try to play a song it says that it can't play this file type. I am using son of skywalkers newest blackhole rom

dang025

Jan 8, 2011
If anyone was interested if you had to uninstall the stock music player in order to get the honeycomb one working, You do not, my pure laziness goes rewarded.

Zacisblack

Dec 15, 2010
I put 5 songs in the media folder and it's been syncing for 45 minutes. FC when i start peer every time. Deleted music.apk app then installed this. Still doesn't seem to work after uninstalling/reinstalling.

martian21

Sep 12, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
This is really cool and I'm looking forward to seeing what Google does with it. For those who want a little more functionality right now be sure to check out Subsonic or AudioGalaxy. Both have Android apps that allow you to access your music on your PC over the 'Net.

Subsonic is by far my most used app.

Zacisblack

Dec 15, 2010
Hmmmm...got it to work though not 100% sure it's actually streaming from the cloud. I put 5 songs in the media folder and hit "only streamed music" in settings but all of my songs showed up even after I did that. Either it doesn't work or music doesn't have to be in the media folder on the SD card. I turned off wifi, started a 30 seconds to mars song then loaded various web pages and every time I loaded a page the music would stutter a bit. This is good evidence that it is being streamed. I get horrible reception here so if it is really streaming I'm impressed because even while loading pages it's not terrible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Getting Google "CLOUD" Music Sync working on the Fascinate (Froyo, not tested on 2.1)

Figured out how to get google music sync working on the fascinate and decided to share it with everyone!

Tested and working on DarkREVENGE v1 (and I assume v2) and Super Clean 2.8 however I suspect this will work on many roms and devices! doubt this will work on any 2.1 devices seeing as the APK is 2.2+ sorry for those of you running 2.1..
    Now tested on MiUi Fascinate 1.2.25 and confirmed working!!

IMPORTANT: Your music must be set up like this sd/media/music if it is not located there it will not be uploaded to the cloud!

Known issue(s) You cannot manage your "cloud" just yet there is no web interface yet and i'm assuming this is still in the "testing" phase.

Now lets get to the fun! ;)

Install this apk (adb push or install as a normal APK) make sure that Music.apk is deleted already if not go ahead and do that right now.

http://db.tt/tXHSuYH

Alternative Mirror

http://www.multiupload.com/PAYDTSPCYQ

You should see "Music & "Jumpertest" after installing.

zEZ8t.png

go to account settings and to your google account you should now see "Sync Music" PRESS IT! and let it sync.

Pi5qV.png

When that is done go into your app drawer and open up "Jumpertest" click on the "Controls" tab

Don't forget to click the "Accounts" tab and check off your gmail account it should ask for permissions (you will see an upside-down triangle with a !) in the status bar.

6n23n.png

Next click on "Start Peer" it should work IF you do get an FC try reinstalling the apk or maybe rebooting IF you get a "authtoken error" go back into account settings and click on "Sync Music" again and try again!

L5SmX.png

(if all went well you should see "Peer started")

Next go ahead and click on "Import Local Media"

ZZRMs.png

(once again if all went well you should see "Import complete")

Now that is all setup and time to access your music on the "CLOUD"

Go ahead and open up the Music app

G3L4N.png

Press the "Menu" softkey on your Fascinate to bring up the menu popup and select "Library Options" and after that select "Streaming Only"

CT7GP.png

(If you are not a complete newb or illiterate) you should now see your music that is on the cloud! Yay for clouds :D

sdr7J.png

If it did not work this means you are likely incapable of following directions that a five year old probably could and you should not have a rooted device! :rolleyes:

However if it does not work and you are 9000% sure you did everything correct please list what rom you are on and method of installing the apk.

Hope you all enjoy and give me thanks if you found this helpful :D

If you can't take the harsh sarcasm (not really) in this post then please get off XDA and do not attack me on this thread.. do you guys not have anything better to do? if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all! :rolleyes: Thanks.

~DiGi
    uh, Digi isn't a douche...sorry, he is a pretty good kid and he's been doing a great job with stuff that he has been learning/doing. If you can't respect that, then don't even post under here. It's pretty simple. Also, I see nowhere that he has given any attitude..sucks for you bwheelies
    Everything's looking good, keep up the work dude.
    Many THANKS ---> All Caps :D
    i'm on the stock/deodexed EB01 that doesn't have music.apk, but samsung's musicplayer.apk am i okay to install this and follow the OP's steps because from looking around on other threads the apk is the stock music player from 3.0 honeycomb

Should be fine to install I got this installed along MusicPlayer.apk from the i9000 just try it out if you are going to mess with any apk's make backups in case anything goes wrong

Xperia ARC launcher if you go the DarkREVENGE rom thread the 3rd post down you will see it I posted it there.

edit: Linky

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11842407&postcount=3