[UPDATE ZIP] Stock 1.2 update.zip flashable from CWM

Search This thread

tags07

Sep 17, 2009
HELP :(

I flashed update-nc-stock-1.2-keepcwm-signed.zip, after reboot, i get the "Restart required" dialog box with : "Your NOOKcolor encountered a problem that requires a system restart.

Upon restart it keeps poping me this dialog and I am in a reboot loop. Is there a way to get out of this loop?

xtrezpasor

Dec 27, 2010
Will I loose my books I have stored on device that I side loaded if I flash this or no?

Sent from my SPH-D700

KWKSLVR

Oct 9, 2010
Birmingham, AL
for those of you who did the above and cant get past the nook 'n' symbol screen, its because you used clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 and not 3.0.1.0

i flashed the rom using 3.0.0.5 and couldnt get past the 'n' logo. the following did the trick for me:

1. if you are on 3.0.0.5, flash the following zip file to convert it to 3.0.1.0 (thanks to xboxexpert)
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=550376&d=1300933748

2. then format /system, /data and /cache (make sure you make backups if necessary).

3. flash this zip file for stock nook 1.2 (thanks to nemith)
http://www.mediafire.com/?a1lg5w8thbbkp9t

this should do it.
I too have CWM 3.0.0.5. I want to try out 1.2. If I back up my current ROM (1.1, rooted) am I going to be able to get into CWM from 1.2 and flash back to 1.1 without problems? I saw these awesome instructions, I'm just trying to match up my particular situation with all of these steps.
I did as well.
Seems there are lots of explanations as to how this should work, none of which worked for me.
What I found works (for me!).
  1. push and hold "n"
  2. while holding down "n" push and hold pwr
  3. keep holding until text appears - don't let go yet!
  4. nook will power off after a few seconds
  5. release power and n
  6. repeat 1-3 immediately
  7. text will stay for around 10 seconds this time, BUT
  8. let go of both keys after 5-6 seconds
  9. You should now boot into recovery.

KWKSLVR

Oct 9, 2010
Birmingham, AL
OK, I tried flashing:
update-nc-stock-1.2-keepcwm-signed.zip
NookColor_v1.1.0_r2
via
CWM 3.0.2.8

That was a no go. It flashed and then just got stuck at the "Nook Color" screen. I only gave it about 5 minutes or so though. I was able to flash my old backup with no problems.

EDIT: I tried it again, wiped /data /cache /dalvik again.
BOOM! She works! Thanks for the hard work, guys. So, for the record, anyone else that has the above combo, you're good to go.

Last edited:

stargaterules

Oct 3, 2010
San Francisco
I did as well.
Seems there are lots of explanations as to how this should work, none of which worked for me.
  1. push and hold "n"
  5. release power and n

K, so I think I forgot to wipe before I flashed the file that keeps CWM. Now I am stuck on the white boot screen. I tried to manually reboot into recovery, but I get a black screen that just sits there. What should I do?

nukeruss

Feb 13, 2011
Palmyra, PA
K, so I think I forgot to wipe before I flashed the file that keeps CWM. Now I am stuck on the white boot screen. I tried to manually reboot into recovery, but I get a black screen that just sits there. What should I do?

You should make a cwm micro sd and that will allow you to boot into cwm and perform a factory reset. Once you do that it should start up no problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

stargaterules

Oct 3, 2010
San Francisco
You should make a cwm micro sd and that will allow you to boot into cwm and perform a factory reset. Once you do that it should start up no problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

Lol. I tried to find a way to do that, but couldn't figure it out. In the end I ended up just running CM7 from another SD card. How do I make a CWM sd card?

semperlux

Jul 12, 2010
San Diego, Ca
I'm running CM7 (203 stable) and not able to format /data. I want to return my NC to stock 1.2. Is it safe to say that because my NC's /data partition is not formated correctly, I should be able to flash stock files without needing to format anything? Should I just wipe cache and dalvik?

•update-nc-stock-1.2-keepcwm-signed.zip
•update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip

nemith

Jun 20, 2010
I'm running CM7 (203 stable) and not able to format /data. I want to return my NC to stock 1.2. Is it safe to say that because my NC's /data partition is not formated correctly, I should be able to flash stock files without needing to format anything? Should I just wipe cache and dalvik?

•update-nc-stock-1.2-keepcwm-signed.zip
•update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip

Newer nooks require a new CWM. Update should be out in the next couple days to fix this issue

xtigerr

Jan 8, 2009
I'm getting an error during install of zip thru cwm. The error is

It's after it says, "Installing update", the error is

assert failed: getprop(ro.product.device") == "zoom2" ||
assert failed: getprop(ro.product.device") == "NOOKColor" ||
assert failed: getprop(ro.product.device") == "encore"

Status 7

Anyone have a fix/answer for this? I tried both zip files as well. I'm installing of the sd card.

harpo1

Jan 14, 2009
Yuba City
I received my blue dot nook color and flashed the CM7 nightly to emmc and need to return to stock. I forgot to register my nook prior to doing this. I nandroid backed up my current setup and was wondering what I need to do just to return to stock and register my nook. I used eyeballers guide to flash CM7. Can I flash either of the two files in the op to register then put my backup on a CWM sd and restore from recovery? Or is there more to it?

harpo1

Jan 14, 2009
Yuba City
I received my blue dot nook color and flashed the CM7 nightly to emmc and need to return to stock. I forgot to register my nook prior to doing this. I nandroid backed up my current setup and was wondering what I need to do just to return to stock and register my nook. I used eyeballers guide to flash CM7. Can I flash either of the two files in the op to register then put my backup on a CWM sd and restore from recovery? Or is there more to it?

Went back to stock no problem but now I can't register my nook. I get all the way to final step and it says "Sorry we're having trouble setting up your NOOKcolor. Please shutdown the device and try again."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I modified the official 1.2 update to allow CWM to flash them. You can use these to upgrade to 1.2 or to return to stock.

There are two files. One replaces CWM with the stock recovery (good for going back to stock). The other doesn't replace CWM (but will replace uboot).

Other than that they are identical to the update from B&N.

Please note neither one of these are rooted yet.
    uploading to depositfiles now... will provide link when I have it. As a bonus.. I will also upload 3 other versions:
    nookcolor_1_4_1_signed.zip... original B&N update fixed to install from CWM as previously mentioned in thread.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-OC.zip... same as the stock image with Dal's OC kernel and wifi fix.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm.zip... stock file... but will have CWM installed as alternate boot and the Cyanogen u-boot.bin and boot screen so you can either use the boot menu or the vol +/- method to boot into CWM.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm-OC.zip... same as above but with Dal's 090111 overclocking kernel and wifi fix

And if anyone is interested... I will also upload versions above with vold.fstab edits for those running ROM's on verygreen's SD card to access the same SDCARD partition from both stock and SD's ROM.
    uploading to depositfiles now... will provide link when I have it. As a bonus.. I will also upload 3 other versions:
    nookcolor_1_4_1_signed.zip... original B&N update fixed to install from CWM as previously mentioned in thread.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-OC.zip... same as the stock image with Dal's OC kernel and wifi fix.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm.zip... stock file... but will have CWM installed as alternate boot and the Cyanogen u-boot.bin and boot screen so you can either use the boot menu or the vol +/- method to boot into CWM.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm-OC.zip... same as above but with Dal's 090111 overclocking kernel and wifi fix

And if anyone is interested... I will also upload versions above with vold.fstab edits for those running ROM's on verygreen's SD card to access the same SDCARD partition from both stock and SD's ROM.

DizzyDen was nice enough to provide us with way to make our own flashable zips using the download from BN.com but I figured I would mirror these in my premium Dropbox account for faster downloads.

So just to make sure, I could use the one zip to return to full stock but with the 1.2 update? Also will this work if I have CM7 and CWM on my emmc? So reboot into CW, format \system and \data then flash the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip, then Reboot. At that point, I should be 100% 1.2 stock, sound about right?

I thinking about returning to stock and just run CM7 for my SD if this is an options.

Thanks,

Derek.

Assuming you haven't fooked up any paritioning by using the "dual-boot" stuff you can return to 100% stock by doing the folllowing:

1. Download the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip above
    2. Flash the zip with CWM (either from emmc or sdcard)
    3. Use CWM to factory reset the device (wipe /data and /cache)
    4. Reboot into 100% stock froyo :)

If you have modified your partitions this will not work.
    I'm having trouble booting into recovery after flashing the one to keep CWM. the power Button +n button isnt wrking. How did someone who did this successfully manage to do this?

I did as well.
    1. push and hold "n"
    5. release power and n