Samsung Galaxy S2 - Where is the serial number?

Search This thread

um4rio

Mar 12, 2011
I am a UK User and I want to get my galaxy s2 insured, but I can't find the serial number for the phone anywhere!.. any ideas? thanks

dan@msx

Nov 16, 2010
Menu - settings - about device - status - seriel number

Sent from my 2.3.3 Gingerbread Galaxy TAB running Touchwiz4 using XDA App

Reactions: leon0602 and dinco

dan@msx

Nov 16, 2010
Thats the IMEI number not seriel number

um4rio

Mar 12, 2011

I can't see my serial number in this menu, this is the data that it shows:

Battery Status
Battery Level
My Phone Number
Network
Signal Strength
Mobile Network Type
Service State
Roaming
Mobile Network State
IMEI
IMEI SV
WIFI Mac Address
Bluetooth address
Up Time

:confused:

sorrowuk

Apr 5, 2011
I dont think you have a serial number. Its just an IMEI number on phones that identifys it

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London
Look under the battery and look on the box. The barcode under the IMEI number has some numbers under it, that is your device serial number.

Reactions: wasiimabbas

um4rio

Mar 12, 2011
Thanks, under the battery there it says S/N and then there is a number.. is it safe to assume that this is the serial number?

Note that this is different to the number on the barcode on the box

AllGoodWereTaken

Dec 7, 2010
Could I just ask how many digits (decimal or hexadecimal) the serial number is...?

(I won't bother trying to explain why I'm wondering)

dnf007

Jun 21, 2012
Dallas
Serial number not vaild...?

I'm trying to do this in Kies and am having no luck. I've tried the following:
IMEI + Model Name

S/N + Model Name

IMEI + 2 digit IMMEISV + Model Name

I've entered pretty much every number I can find on the box. When I enter the S/N and Model Name (SGH-i777) I get a weird character message

What am I missing here?

kidxelor

Jul 22, 2013
IMEI + Model Name

S/N + Model Name

I've entered pretty much every number I can find on the box. When I enter the S/N and Model Name (SGH-i777) I get a weird character message

What am I missing here?

"wierd" as 00195ef068dfae -this is what my phone shows for S/N under Settings/About. But this is another baseband/imei stuff problem.
And the actuall SN (under the battery) is ofc not showing! And the box only shows IMEI + Barcode + color
I don't know if this is right, true or works, but from a IMEI blacklist checking site i discovered that the the imei contains the following :
TAC: XXXXXX FAC: XX SNR: 580206 CD: 3, so if someone can confirm that these SNR: digits are actually the SN of phone than you solve it. Cheers mate.

Reactions: halagore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Look under the battery and look on the box. The barcode under the IMEI number has some numbers under it, that is your device serial number.
    IMEI + Model Name

S/N + Model Name

What am I missing here?

"wierd" as 00195ef068dfae -this is what my phone shows for S/N under Settings/About. But this is another baseband/imei stuff problem.
    And the actuall SN (under the battery) is ofc not showing! And the box only shows IMEI + Barcode + color
    I don't know if this is right, true or works, but from a IMEI blacklist checking site i discovered that the the imei contains the following :
    TAC: XXXXXX FAC: XX SNR: 580206 CD: 3, so if someone can confirm that these SNR: digits are actually the SN of phone than you solve it. Cheers mate.