MK2 to NAE Bootloader

Search This thread

TheZander

Aug 9, 2011
Hello, I have been updating my phone to KitKat and following tutorials for bypassing the NAE Bootloader with KNOX. I have MK2 so I have KNOX already. Is there any reason why NAE bootloader would be any different? I have not run into any tafus with the bootloader I have now. But all the work around stuff is probably pointless right? Since it all seems to keep MF9.

I have TEP on my Sprint account so warranty has never been an issue I had broken the camera on mine. So I traded it out with a custom rom and custom recovery and everything and they didn't seem to pay any mind.

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Hello, I have been updating my phone to KitKat and following tutorials for bypassing the NAE Bootloader with KNOX. I have MK2 so I have KNOX already. Is there any reason why NAE bootloader would be any different? I have not run into any tafus with the bootloader I have now. But all the work around stuff is probably pointless right? Since it all seems to keep MF9.

I have TEP on my Sprint account so warranty has never been an issue I had broken the camera on mine. So I traded it out with a custom rom and custom recovery and everything and they didn't seem to pay any mind.

I never understood why some people stayed away from the new bootloaders other than avoiding the secured bootloader. There's more...A lot more. Recently I tried to use Heimdall to print the PIT of a N900T on Kit Kat. No go. A SIMPLE PROCESS that's HARMLESS got locked down. Now that we're unable to access that, Heimdall isn't even usable. Only Odin...and I can't use Odin to do what development I need to do on the N900T.

Yes I know this is the L720 thread but how long before we get this bootloader too? THIS is why I recommend avoiding newer bootloaders whenever possible. Samsung is starting to foolishly lock down everything like...(as noobtoob put it) that one company whose phone starts with an I.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

TheZander

Aug 9, 2011
I never understood why some people stayed away from the new bootloaders other than avoiding the secured bootloader. There's more...A lot more. Recently I tried to use Heimdall to print the PIT of a N900T on Kit Kat. No go. A SIMPLE PROCESS that's HARMLESS got locked down. Now that we're unable to access that, Heimdall isn't even usable. Only Odin...and I can't use Odin to do what development I need to do on the N900T.

Yes I know this is the L720 thread but how long before we get this bootloader too? THIS is why I recommend avoiding newer bootloaders whenever possible. Samsung is starting to foolishly lock down everything like...(as noobtoob put it) that one company whose phone starts with an I.

Yeah I was surprised when I I got access to a Sprint S4 that was was Kit Kat-ed up and I could do anything to it with CDMA workshop flashing to pageplus was a breeze.

So even though MK2 and NAE both have KNOX you would still recommend sticking with MK2? Because I screw up my phones quite a bit and have needed to have the PIT file. So I can see why this would not be beneficiary.

I also think that carriers have a lot of say in what goes on with their phones. Sprint was pretty cool in the beginning but now it looks like the ATT variant.

But I would still never own a
phone.png

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Yeah I was surprised when I I got access to a Sprint S4 that was was Kit Kat-ed up and I could do anything to it with CDMA workshop flashing to pageplus was a breeze.

So even though MK2 and NAE both have KNOX you would still recommend sticking with MK2? Because I screw up my phones quite a bit and have needed to have the PIT file. So I can see why this would not be beneficiary.

I also think that carriers have a lot of say in what goes on with their phones. Sprint was pretty cool in the beginning but now it looks like the ATT variant.

But I would still never own a
phone.png

AFAIK, KNOX isn't the issue, it's what they're doing to these bootloaders to secure them. The AT&T variants are much worse. The N900A hasn't had root since kitkat dropped for it. AND even IF they got root...back to safestrap? F that... I wish I was more skilled in bootloader hacking.