FAST BOOT

Search This thread

Gill

Oct 31, 2004
Please can someone tell me what the Fast Book function is for on the HTC Desire S Android 2.3.5 – Under Settings-Power-Fast Boot. Is there any real advantage to booting up this way other than the speed? Does this drain the battery quicker. The function says, “Not recommendd with some Market apps.” Any advice would be much appreciated.

suku_patel_22

Jun 22, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a
This is like hibernate on windows.
Some apps needed the phone to be rebooted for changes to take effect, hence don't work with fastboot.

well not cause battery drain

Swyped from my Desire S waiting for Kernel 3, WAKE UP HTC

Please can someone tell me what the Fast Book function is for on the HTC Desire S Android 2.3.5 – Under Settings-Power-Fast Boot. Is there any real advantage to booting up this way other than the speed? Does this drain the battery quicker. The function says, “Not recommendd with some Market apps.” Any advice would be much appreciated.

It is basically a sleep mode where your phone does not switch off completely, but foes into a hibernation mode. This allows you to boot up faster as the os does not have to load all over again. But the disadvantage is that it does nor switch off the phone completely and so a little power is still consumed while sleeping, just like on a computer. Best to leave it turned off. I can't see any real use for it, except when you are really low on battery and want to conserve it by turning it off but don't want to spend a lot of battery when turning it on again for use, which happens on a full system boot up. Don't overthink it, just leave it turned off.

Cheers.

Sent from a phone waiting for kernel v3. Wake up HTC!!

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I leave it turned off, as the advanced power menus in most ROMs has the hibernate function to use separately

I find it extremely useful, and I will probably even go to say, it was one of the main drawing points to buying this phone. I miss the feature on Reaper :(

I use it throughout the day, I can quickly boot up my phone in a couple of seconds, but at night I switch it off completely.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Tapur007

Sep 28, 2011
I leave it turned off, as the advanced power menus in most ROMs has the hibernate function to use separately

I find it extremely useful, and I will probably even go to say, it was one of the main drawing points to buying this phone. I miss the feature on Reaper :(

I use it throughout the day, I can quickly boot up my phone in a couple of seconds, but at night I switch it off completely.

Yeah, This along with Flip for Speaker & Quiet ringer on pick up were marketed as THE “Sense” features !

To the OP, turn it OFF {Recommended} ! Turn on whenever & if required ...:)

dan-fish

May 27, 2011

Off topic, but does the alarm still work when the phone is in hibernation?

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Reactions: dan-fish

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Sorry, but still can't see any use for it, it uses battery, alarms don't work, causes novice users to remove battery and brick their phones

It's not like the phone takes now than a few minutes to wake from off

What's the point....

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim

Reactions: incrediblealex

srit

Oct 20, 2010
Sorry, but still can't see any use for it, it uses battery, alarms don't work, causes novice users to remove battery and brick their phones

What's the point....

hi.i unknowing checked fastboot option under power options.my htc m8 is not switching on.i have tried all power button and volume button trick but no response.even no led notification on charging.kindly help

W60

Jun 20, 2014
hi.i unknowing checked fastboot option under power options.my htc m8 is not switching on.i have tried all power button and volume button trick but no response.even no led notification on charging.kindly help

This shouldn't happen. I'm not sure, but it looks like this might be a hardware problem, for example a problem with the ROM, some corrupted piece of code that is not executed when the phone was on hibernation, but has to be executed when the phone was completely turned off.

Have you tried taking the battery out for a few seconds?

And another idea, maybe you'll get more relevant replies if you posted this in the sub-forum dedicated to your particular model. This forum is about HTC Desire S.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to echo, Causes more problems than it's worth....OFF

Yeah, This along with Flip for Speaker & Quiet ringer on pick up were marketed as THE “Sense” features !

To the OP, turn it OFF {Recommended} ! Turn on whenever & if required ...:)

Lowveld added the latter to UCS, one reason I'm using Reaper :D

Off topic, but does the alarm still work when the phone is in hibernation?

Unfortunately not :(

What's the point....