[ROM Release] Customized ICS B928 GaDaNa v5.2.1 (bronxitas)

Search This thread

billy51ve

Jul 22, 2012
Changes?

And it has changes in relation to the previous?
By the way if I install the B572 and then install it, if to get back onto the B572 as I do, I say this from the partitioning must be done before installing it, I have the U8800-51, and if I have me back as you would
Thank you and congratulations on your work
Excuse my English

bronxitas

Jan 19, 2010
Palanga
And it has changes in relation to the previous?
By the way if I install the B572 and then install it, if to get back onto the B572 as I do, I say this from the partitioning must be done before installing it, I have the U8800-51, and if I have me back as you would
Thank you and congratulations on your work
Excuse my English

For these versions you shud have biger system partition than on 2.3.

Daniel 07

Aug 2, 2012
Amsterdam
Excuses, what would that sentence mean? Could you re-write it in order to let us understand what you are asking for please? ;)

Regards,
Daniel

billy51ve

Jul 22, 2012
You understand me?

Excuses, what would that sentence mean? Could you re-write it in order to let us understand what you are asking for please? ;)

Regards,
Daniel

If the ROM does not work on my móvil and need to remove and install the rom you had before, how do I return to my previous rom. You understand me?
thanks

Last edited:

iceman2029

Mar 13, 2008
Santiago
U8800-51: Not Wifi

Once again, for we have a U8800-51, everything works perfectly except the Wifi.

Nice Rom, but, I need the Wifi!

Returning to Aurora 4.1...:cyclops:

ilciumbia

Feb 24, 2012
Arese
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7
Nice ROM, but...

...unfortunately I cannot use it!

I believe someone must have noticed, but there is the same problem I had with GB 2.3: when I whisper or talk quiet, people won't hear me. It is as if there is a "noise gate" (if there are musicians here will understand what I mean), so that if you do not talk loud enough your voice just disappears at all. It might be a problem of the baseband, all I know is that, in GB 2.3, disabling the "dual mic" option the problem disappeared, and in Aurora it was OK, Not ok, on the other hand, in MIUI, CM7, any Kalo or your ROMs (and even Pika's). If anyone has an idea I will try it, but like this I cannot use it... furthermore the "dual mic setting" has disappeared from the menu...

Now that I remember, Aurora had an option in the menu to disable dual mic... we should try to do something similar...

Thanks, bests

Paolo.

Reactions: sllavy

pauliuxxx

Jan 8, 2012
...unfortunately I cannot use it!

I believe someone must have noticed, but there is the same problem I had with GB 2.3: when I whisper or talk quiet, people won't hear me. It is as if there is a "noise gate" (if there are musicians here will understand what I mean), so that if you do not talk loud enough your voice just disappears at all. It might be a problem of the baseband, all I know is that, in GB 2.3, disabling the "dual mic" option the problem disappeared, and in Aurora it was OK, Not ok, on the other hand, in MIUI, CM7, any Kalo or your ROMs (and even Pika's). If anyone has an idea I will try it, but like this I cannot use it... furthermore the "dual mic setting" has disappeared from the menu...

Now that I remember, Aurora had an option in the menu to disable dual mic... we should try to do something similar...

Thanks, bests

Paolo.

im using it and everything is ok for me

Moihack

Apr 9, 2012
Not a bug actually

In description you say:
BUG: there is no restart option then you holding power button

Just to inform you, this is not a bug
If you disable fast-boot option via build.prop, you also lose the restart option available in power menu. Definitely not a bug then ;)

Reactions: GeorgT

bronxitas

Jan 19, 2010
Palanga
Thanks for advice that worked :)

In build.prop need to change

ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=false

->

ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true

And reboot.

Sent from my ragelis

Reactions: GeorgT

bronxitas

Jan 19, 2010
Palanga
It's not custom bug, it's b928 bug. We asked huawei, what abaut reboots and we had an answer that b928 boots quicker than earlyer versions and in this month we will get new update ics. So I stoped improove v5 and waiting for next version. I have got this message week before now. New boot.img of improoved RAM work is done, but I think there is no big update til next huawei release.
P.S. giris yesterday remaked cwm 5.0.2.7 and with all my tests everything goes ok (no need to reboot recovery) if answers for other testers goes ok, I will publish it here.
Now working on cwm 6 touche release and on boot.img improovment (MoiHack joins the team ;) )
Another big deal that we are working on unlocking pink screen for our phone and for now some things goes ok ;)

Sent from my ragelis

sicilianom

Jul 29, 2012
Microphone icon disappeared

Hi everybody
I installed today this custom ROM and it seems everything is ok :) the only problem that I met it's that now the microphone icon on keyboard when I sent a text message is disappeared so that I cannot use the dictation function instead of the keyboard ... I installed also Swype but nothing ....
Could you help please?
I use Italian language and italian keyboard
Thanks a lot
Max :)

bronxitas

Jan 19, 2010
Palanga
Sicilianom: I removed voice search and voicedial apps. If you want to use them, just put them to sysytem/app/ with rw-r--r-- permissions and reboot phone.

Sent from my ragelis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello u8800pro Owners!

I want to share bronxitas (GaDaNa team) work, a customized rom, based on the latest Ice Cream Sandwich official ROM.
    Everything was done for bettter performance and usability.

Features:

ICS 404029 baseband is now available (read more how to install it below)
    Better multitasking

Root.
    ODEX.
    Better and extended Power Widgets.
    Setup wizard disabled.
    Unlocked FPS.
    "Smooth Scroll".
    Volume Rocker (Wake up phone with volume buttons).
    Customized build.prop.
    Battery showing in percentage.
    Updated Host.
    Radio.
    Optimized the GPS config.
    Chrome synchronizing .
    Updated GAPPS.
    Better sound in call volume.
    Better video rendering.
    Some unuseful scripts was deleted.
    Modificated boot.img (by giris) with init.d.
    Some apps was deleted (youtube, maps, etc.), but you can download it from Gplay.
    AND MUCH MORE!..

Installation:

You must be on 2.3 based ROM:
    1) You need to flash Step1 from official B926 for bigger system partition capacity,
    you can download it here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u9mvoxjf4lmlu8p
    2) Download ZIP;
    3) Shutdown your smartphone and to be really sure unplug the battery;
    4) Insert your battery and power on your smartphone into recovery mode holding down VOL+ and the power button (be sure that you have the CWM 5.0.2.7);
    5) Go to advanced ---> reboot recovery;
    6) Wipe data/factory;
    7) Wipe cache;
    8) Wipe Dalvik Cache;
    9) Wipe Battery Stats;
    10) Install zip from sdcard;
    11) Choose zip from sdcard and select the downloaded zip file;
    12) Install complete!
    13) Reboot system now.

IF YOU WANT ICS 404029 BASEBAND:
    remember, that ICS baseband libs are also diffrent from GB libs.

ICS baseband https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kPUrNkk3T0TzFsMzZoMjg0QlU/edit?pli=1
    Do not quit cwm after rom installation and then install this baseband.
    2.3 baseband https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kPUrNkk3T0QmRkTld5SFh5Vm8/edit?pli=1
    If you want your baseband back, you should keep it in your SD card if you want another rom.

Download:

5.2 http://www.mediafire.com/?uht9vo12cbol12d
    5.2.1 http://www.mediafire.com/?ckhnjh1ud4e8yff

Special thanks:
    - bronxitas (amazing rom)
    - giris (boot.img and power widgets);

screenshot2012080514550.png
    oh, thats goes very interesting. I know the creator of that strange company :))) so i will wait for answer and later i will ask him abaut all that what is all abaut that :)))

Sent from not my ragelis

Well, who is microblogging now? :D ;)
    BRICK

Today I have bricked phone while porting CM9 (almost everything was working accept RIL). Willl try to change it to another android phone and here my job is done. If service will not change my phone to that what I wont (that's is not acceptible with EU law) I will continue to do somethink with pro when I've got a new one. CM9 is allmost done.

For now that's all. no kwestions no answers.
    bkoz i only wanted a bugfree rom! nothing else:p

you are not going to find it here.Check out the gingerbread roms,All ics or later roms have various problems
    I can't stand ICS anymore

No way, guys.

I have tried all ICS releases, from the beginning to the end (for me); I am uninstalling the GaDaNa version to revert back to GB. ICS is simply too slow. Lags are more like geological eras, I cannot accetp to wait 5 seconds to have my SMS or the keyboard to dial a number. After the 404029 baseband I was hoping to be able to keep the modified, recovery-enabled ICS but it is simply unacceptably slow. I am yet to decide wether I will revert to Kalo's or to CM7; probably the latter, since the microphone works better, but I would LOVE to solve the mic issue on the Kalo's, maybe by installing the 404029 baseband on it. I have no idea how to do it, but I will start working on it! If anyone has any suggestions...

Regards,

Paolo.