Hi.
In the rom there is another radio:
fmradioppc480x800.png

This radio is created by Broadcom and supports RDS:
immaginewk.png

The executable file is this:
"\Windows\btfm.exe"

but if you start it this does not work.

It only works if you start first Acer's radio.

I wrote a small program:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jymxwjty2nn

Sorry but my english is not very good

Bye

Arto

Mar 3, 2008
thank you!! very useful, Ive seen that the first radio change the registry key "radioenabled" to 1 for activate it maybe you could do something which do this instead of the first radio?

Stefano_1986_

Jan 4, 2009
thank you!! very useful, Ive seen that the first radio change the registry key "radioenabled" to 1 for activate it maybe you could do something which do this instead of the first radio?

Hi,
I found a way to run the Broadcom's radio without opening the acer's radio
but when the device goes into standby mode turns off the radio :(

olsching

Jan 2, 2010
My experience with RDS Radio: (perhaps its interesting and helpful)

It runs without starting the Acer FM Radio and dont stop, if Power is off.

But I have done nothing special!

What have I done:

1. Started the "btfm.exe"
Silence, as it said stefano

2. Started ACER FM Radio, then btfm.exe
okay Radio reception

3. I made a (only one!) shortcut/link to btfm.exe to startmenu (with TotalCommander)
Suddenly I had two links in the start menu, one for "btfm" and one for "RDS Radio"

5. I used in startmenü the link "RDS Radio" to start it , its the btfm (looks exactly like this).

6. I tested Bluetooth to Headphones - ok

And now the RDS Radio works alone and if I press the power button it it keeps playing.
But if the RDS is playing, the device dont go in the standby itself (after the defined time), only the Display will be dark.

Urluc

Jan 19, 2010
Hi guys, in my neotouch S200 with rom 3.003c_IT I can't find the radio you are speaking about... :confused: Any idea? Thank you!

iliasroub

Jan 8, 2010
Same here ,no btfm.exe in 3.003c...
I guess that these guys refer to custom 6.5.x roms as i can see from the screenshots.

iliasroub

Jan 8, 2010
my bad...i can see it now from my pc..
i still can`t see it in wm file explorer though,do i need another file explorer?

Urluc

Jan 19, 2010
Great! Thanks a lot! :) I found it, but now i cannot hear any sound neither with FM tuner nor with BTFM... To say the truth I've never tried FM tuner since I installed the rom 3.003c_IT. FM tuner worked fine with the previous rom and I wouldn't hard reset my device... Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Last edited:

jpg1961

Sep 7, 2008
Same here ,no btfm.exe in 3.003c...
I guess that these guys refer to custom 6.5.x roms as i can see from the screenshots.

Hi,
I do have a stock rom, 3.003c.00EN_01. \windows\BTFM.exe does exist.
It's a ROM file w/ attributes "hidden", "system" all on....
For Total Commander, make sure you do have unset for "show/hide files in ROM" and for explorer "menu/Show All Files"...

Rgds,

joyqing

Dec 15, 2007
Sydney, AU
but can't get TMC signal, why do we use this RDS radio? seems that there is no solution for S200 to receive TMC signal?

joyqing

Dec 15, 2007
Sydney, AU
That's not the subject here, RDS radio provided Radio Name, or track info on some Radio Stations.

i see. Now RDS Radio is able to receive RDS Data, but Power Radio can not, it shows that the GFMAPI.dll used by Power Radio has problem, this is the reason that Hypergps can't received TMC data too.

so, i don't think "That's not the subject here". On the contrary, RDS Radio shows us a tips.

epdm2be

Jul 21, 2009
Antwerp
Samsung Galaxy S10+
my bad...i can see it now from my pc..
i still can`t see it in wm file explorer though,do i need another file explorer?

Press Menu (bottom right) and check 3rd item (view All files). This will allow you to see these hidden files.

This is standard WM knowledge.

BTW. I use standard dutch-rom 3.003c_NL and BTFM is definitly there. There's even a shortcut for it too (which is not placed in the start menu by acer... I wonder why?)

Last edited: