Keyboard Acting Weird

Search This thread

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
Sometimes this has happened to me and I was wondering on how to fix it and if anyone else has had this issue. Recently when I am in an app and I try to use my Hard keyboard if I press any of these keys it launches an app
(e - email
l - calender
p - don't recall.
g - gmail)
Anyone else see this ever. Usually I just use the onscreen keyboard when this happens and later it works again. This happened to me in the facebook app and also in dolphin browser.

vil33

Nov 24, 2011
Sometimes this has happened to me and I was wondering on how to fix it and if anyone else has had this issue. Recently when I am in an app and I try to use my Hard keyboard if I press any of these keys it launches an app
(e - email
l - calender
p - don't recall.
g - gmail)
Anyone else see this ever. Usually I just use the onscreen keyboard when this happens and later it works again. This happened to me in the facebook app and also in dolphin browser.

Check Applications --> Quick Launch and see if you have any keys assigned to those apps.

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
It's my quick launch I think my search key was acting like it was pressed even though it wasn't. Thank you. Most have been stuck. Thank you.

clockwork58

Dec 10, 2007
Toronto
It happens when you press the app key once by accident on the top left of the keyboard. Press it again and it turns off the shortcuts.

shatteredzman

Oct 5, 2009
The app key? Which one is that? This happens to me a lot and I just mash on the keyboard until it goes away. I also am having problems with the keyboard not working at all. Sometimes I open the phone up and the whole keyboard stops working and I have to reboot the phone.

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
Also once I was on Dolphin browser and I was logging into Google plus and my numbers were acting funny. I could not press the ALT button to activate the numbers I had to hold the ALT then press the numbers. I thought that was weird.

eggwolio

Oct 4, 2010
The app key? Which one is that? This happens to me a lot and I just mash on the keyboard until it goes away. I also am having problems with the keyboard not working at all. Sometimes I open the phone up and the whole keyboard stops working and I have to reboot the phone.

The default shortcuts are the search button plus a letter. It happened to me once, and after pushing the search button on the top right of my keyboard a few times, everything started working fine again. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

kevlarheart

Aug 24, 2010
White Plains
Keyboard not working...at all

Hey all
CM11, official with apps installed the Captivate Glide physical keyboard is hit or miss. Since the physical keyboard is the WHOLE REASON to try to modify this older phone, its functionality is important. Physical keyboard ALT commands (#'s etc) do not work in any application. The letter keys works...sometimes. I have used default keyboard settings and have no idea whehter there is a fix on the main CM11 thread.

Many thansk!:good:

Alt is a non stick key

Hey all
CM11, official with apps installed the Captivate Glide physical keyboard is hit or miss. Since the physical keyboard is the WHOLE REASON to try to modify this older phone, its functionality is important. Physical keyboard ALT commands (#'s etc) do not work in any application. The letter keys works...sometimes. I have used default keyboard settings and have no idea whehter there is a fix on the main CM11 thread.

Many thansk!:good:

Well the thing is alt in cm11 is not a sticky key but its non stick . What i mean by that is that if you wanna type '1'. Keep 'ALT' pressed and hit the number '1' in blue on the keyboard. the alt key dosent seem to stick for some reason.
this is actually cause of the google ime treating our physical qwerty as a desktop keyboard i think where alt is also non stick.

kevlarheart

Aug 24, 2010
White Plains
Well the thing is alt in cm11 is not a sticky key but its non stick . What i mean by that is that if you wanna type '1'. Keep 'ALT' pressed and hit the number '1' in blue on the keyboard. the alt key dosent seem to stick for some reason.
this is actually cause of the google ime treating our physical qwerty as a desktop keyboard i think where alt is also non stick.

"Alt" doesn't work at all -- even if held during typing. I will keep searching for keyboard fixes I guess. Since the keyboard is 100% of the reason to use the Captivate Glide, it's utility is a major issue. Many thanks for your reply! :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (e - email
    l - calender
    p - don't recall.
    g - gmail)

Check Applications --> Quick Launch and see if you have any keys assigned to those apps.
    Do you know any way to disable Quick Launch? Or maybe disabling all the pre-assigned things? --Do Not Want--

Thanks
    L4T

Long press on the shortcut and it should give you an option to clear it.