Xperia S Home Colors

Search This thread

DdcCabuslay

Feb 18, 2012
ddccabuslay.blogspot.ca
October 17, 2012: If you find this thread deep within the forum I promise you that I WILL REBOOT IT :) Eventually

As you may know, the Xperia S home launcher doesn't change colors when you switch themes on the Arc. I have made each launcher in all the different colors available in the Xperia S launcher. I also made my own blue one, since there isn't a blue one in the Xperia S; it shares the same one as the default color.

I've also attached the default launcher file.

Please note that I have no expertise or experience with XML editing (yet), so if you'd like to request an alternate home version, they will be coming from vr5411's post (Thanks again!).

These are flashable zips. So make sure you're rooted and have recovery, then flash away!

You may also push the apps into system/app, and change the permissions of the app to:
rw-
r--
r--

Screenshots in second post.

Alternate versions (Thanks to vr5411)
5x4 app drawer: Post 25

Attachments

• Home.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 262
Last edited:

DdcCabuslay

Feb 18, 2012
ddccabuslay.blogspot.ca
Screenshots

screenshot_2012-05-23_0748.png
screenshot_2012-05-23_0751.png

screenshot_2012-05-23_0753.png
screenshot_2012-05-23_0755.png

screenshot_2012-05-23_0757.png
screenshot_2012-05-23_0759.png

screenshot_2012-05-23_0801.png

Last edited:

tiagoSequeira

Apr 8, 2011
Porto
I was really looking for this :)
Works nice on my play. Could you make it with 4x5 drawer?

Sent from my R800i using XDA

DdcCabuslay

Feb 18, 2012
ddccabuslay.blogspot.ca
DdcCabuslay, it would be nice if in drawable-land-hdpi, you also replace the home_stage_bg.png ;)

Thanks for letting me know; I'll fix those as well

can you make 1 with 5x4 apptray and 5 homescreens?
with no rotation and corners ofcourse :D
looks very nice :D
but of we change the theme will to colour change to?

I'll see what I can do. I have no experience in xml editing, so I'm probably going to take vr5411's home and replace the home_stage_by.png

And no, changing the theme will not change the color automatically unfortunately. Maybe a dev can help out with that.

Sent from my LT15a using XDA

vr5411

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks for letting me know; I'll fix those as well

I'll see what I can do. I have no experience in xml editing, so I'm probably going to take vr5411's home and replace the home_stage_by.png

And no, changing the theme will not change the color automatically unfortunately. Maybe a dev can help out with that.

Not a problem at all, if you put me into "Thanks to:"!
Is that hansip's reflection in dockbar?

Nice work.
Kind Regards, V

DdcCabuslay

Feb 18, 2012
ddccabuslay.blogspot.ca
Not a problem at all, if you put me into "Thanks to:"!
Is that hansip's reflection in dockbar?

Nice work.
Kind Regards, V

Thanks. I'll definitely credit you when the other versions are ready.

And the reflection in the dock bar is from the unmodified stock launcher, so no, I don't believe it's from hansip.

Actually the launcher that I posted is from the xperia sola system dump that muzontnt posted. Little difference, but the launcher is optimized for the hdpi resolution. You'll notice a difference in the dock with text from some apps. An example is messaging and play store; in the picture the text fully fits, whereas in the xperia s launcher, messaging and play store text are cut off.

wwelcu

Oct 30, 2011
Great work!

however my font is bigger than on your screenshots and changing to smaller font in system sets doesn't help.
any idea why?

I'm using stock ICS - rooted - arc S

Great work!

however my font is bigger than on your screenshots and changing to smaller font in system sets doesn't help.
any idea why?

I'm using stock ICS - rooted - arc S

If you want another font, then install romtool box from the play store:D
I use sony sketch from there on ICS.

Sent from my Neo V with Supercharged ICS with Tapatalk v2.1.1

wwelcu

Oct 30, 2011
If you want another font, then install romtool box from the play store:D
I use sony sketch from there on ICS.

Sent from my Neo V with Supercharged ICS with Tapatalk v2.1.1

Amazing tool this rom tool :) Why haven't I heard of it earlier! anyway BIG THANKS for the help, now I can finally enjoy blue home screen with those little screen indicators :)

and Pandemic if you are looking for place to stay on EURO 2012 i can provide a free bed near Gdansk :p

have nice evening all :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    October 17, 2012: If you find this thread deep within the forum I promise you that I WILL REBOOT IT :) Eventually

As you may know, the Xperia S home launcher doesn't change colors when you switch themes on the Arc. I have made each launcher in all the different colors available in the Xperia S launcher. I also made my own blue one, since there isn't a blue one in the Xperia S; it shares the same one as the default color.

I've also attached the default launcher file.

Please note that I have no expertise or experience with XML editing (yet), so if you'd like to request an alternate home version, they will be coming from vr5411's post (Thanks again!).

These are flashable zips. So make sure you're rooted and have recovery, then flash away!

You may also push the apps into system/app, and change the permissions of the app to:
    rw-
    r--
    r--

Screenshots in second post.

Alternate versions (Thanks to vr5411)
    5x4 app drawer: Post 25
    5x4 app drawers & landscape

The 5x4 launchers have been finished, with landscape support, and a new silver version.

The silver is a bit different from the original 5x4 app drawer version; that can be found here.

Sorry for delaying these, I'm only a high school student and I have other priorities to attend to. But I promise that I will try my best to achieve any requests. If there is a problem with them, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks again to vr5411 for creating the launcher 5x4 app drawers.

Remember, make sure you clear data in Xperia Home in Settings>Applications if you're missing a row in the app drawer.
    I was really looking for this :)
    Works nice on my play. Could you make it with 4x5 drawer?

Sent from my R800i using XDA

I will work on it :)
    where is the silver file?????????????????
    plz add this color in first post

Silver is the default one; the one with no color

But I might make a another silver one which looks like the others if you'd like that.