Booting to recovery won't work on tf700

Search This thread

dough30i

May 13, 2011
Im am rooted and unlocked my device. When I go into gooapp and click boot into recovery it doesn't go to recovery but instead reboot can any body tell me how fix this issue I'm having..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

SuperSwagSauce

Feb 2, 2012
Ashburn, VA
Im am rooted and unlocked my device. When I go into gooapp and click boot into recovery it doesn't go to recovery but instead reboot can any body tell me how fix this issue I'm having..

Try turning the device off then holding volume down and power button. Might be power up and volume, not sure. Then during boot when you see text in upper left corner, press volume up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

Reactions: elfaure

Poser

Mar 18, 2008
The Nether Regions of the Tropics

Try turning the device off then holding volume down and power button. Might be power up and volume, not sure. Then during boot when you see text in upper left corner, press volume up.

The device does not yet handle the reboot to recovery command. As stated by AndroSwag, power and volume down, as soon as you see the small script, press volume up. You will see the classic android laying prone... just tap power and you will be in stock (or custom) recovery.

rayman2k1

Aug 29, 2011
Sony Xperia 5 II
Google Pixel 8
I already have this question up as part of a different issue/question in another thread, but thought I'd double down my chances of getting a response:

I'm on the .30 bootloader; do the newer BLs (eg. 10.44.25) implement Reboot to Recovery functionality? Or is this not related to the BL?

gennro

Feb 21, 2013
I already have this question up as part of a different issue/question in another thread, but thought I'd double down my chances of getting a response:

I'm on the .30 bootloader; do the newer BLs (eg. 10.44.25) implement Reboot to Recovery functionality? Or is this not related to the BL?

I know I am running 10.4.4.25 with CROMI 3.3 and TWRP and I can reboot into recovery just fine (without having to do the power button + volume).

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

Yes. If you have stock rom you need to be rooted and download an app called rebooter, this app has options where you can boot to recovery. If you are running custom rom this same app will help you to do the same.

rayman2k1

Aug 29, 2011
Sony Xperia 5 II
Google Pixel 8
Yes. If you have stock rom you need to be rooted and download an app called rebooter, this app has options where you can boot to recovery. If you are running custom rom this same app will help you to do the same.

I can now reboot into recovery without the use of the app (I hear people have bricked their tabs with it). Anyways, the 10.xx.xx bootloader was the missing piece. With the new CM10.1 builds, I don't have the reboot context menu (I'm sure it can be configured to show reboot into recovery, etc. but have been to busy to play with my tablet) but "reboot recovery" from Terminal works fine.

Thanks for all the replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.