Gotta Let you all in on Scotty's ROM

Search This thread

droidx2.3.3

Jul 11, 2011
Oh really no way, do I need to wipe cache or dalvik cache?

I always wipe cache. But you dont need to. You dont need to wipe dalvik either but again, I always do. You wont lose any data from wiping those two so your good to re flash and get the vzw icons back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Short of going to AOSP, you cannot significantly change battery life on any ROM compared to what it is based off of. So, if you make a ROM based on Stock TouchWiz, it is going to get approximately the same usage as the Stock ROM. If you have doubts, go do a comparison test. Even undervolting isn't going to do anything significant for you with modern day processors.
    I just wanted to come over to the General forum and let you all know that Scotty's Clean 4.5 is probably the most amazing ROM I have ever seen on any device.

out of the box Antutu is 17500....I'm running 10.5 hours with 2 hrs screen time and I have 71% battery left.

seriously folks....it's all day zoom zoom and it looks and feels totally stock.

If you haven't tried it....for the love of Pete..."DO-IT MAUN!"

Im at 1d, 10 hours and almost 1.5 hours screen time, I have 56% left....

Oh and stock.

Sorry but no zip rom dev will ever improve battery life without coding their own battery saving applications.

I am sure the rom is great, but don't credit battery life to it ;)
    I knew I wasn't crazy... I've tried all roms under the sun. To me I've not noticed any performance difference. Of course I'm sure I don't use my note 2 as much as most people...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

It has always been my belief that you use roms for features, not performance or battery claims.
    You can't magically increase performance of the underlying hardware with a custom ROM based on the stock firmware. Sure, you may be able to get it to look a little smoother, but actual performance won't change. The only way to increase performance would be to install a custom kernel and overclock the CPU/GPU, and at that point, you'll hurt battery life. Sure, you can tweak memory management, but this isn't going to do more than just keep more apps in memory, or force them out sooner.

On the same token, you can't magically increase battery life just by installing a custom ROM based on the stock firmware. The major bits of the OS can't be removed or changed really, unless you go to AOSP. Sure, you may get 5-10% at most increased battery life, but you aren't going to get an extra hour of screen time, maybe 10-15 min at most, and even that could just be because you've had better signal strength/quality. At this point, undervolting doesn't even do to much to help with battery life as most processors now are spending 95% of their time in lower power draw states. Running AOSP can potentially get you better battery life, but it can be hit or miss, depending on how well proprietary modules play with the system.
    once again placebo pants...the only reason I run beans is for the aosp themeing. it does not offer any performance gains or battery life over stock, nor will clean rom or any other modded stock variant. listen to imnuts and adrynalyne, those two know ther ish!!