[Q] Nvidia Shield Portal, on non shield. (JXD s7800b.)

Search This thread

Ceymoonie

Jun 18, 2014
Hey :),
After seeking literally a half hour for the good forum category/sub-forum without finding a better place (yes, I used ctrl+f) I created an account and posted it here. Sorry if this is the wrong place :fingers-crossed:.
Since a couble of weeks I have an JXD s7800b:
i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v3/1420546586_2/JXD-S7800B-S7800-7-inch-Android-4-2-RK3188-Quad-Core-Game-Consoles-1280-800-IPS.jpg
And I saw Portal in the PlayStore: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nvidia.valvesoftware.portal.
...But it is an Shield exclusive :/.
I downloaded it from an external site, but it crashes after the Valve intro-screen. Is that becuase of the non-Nvidia video-card(or processor, I am really bad with tablet hardware), or just because the game closes itselfes when you don't have an Shield?
And is there a way to fix it?

Ps. My device is rooted.

Regards Casper.

Last edited:

Ceymoonie

Jun 18, 2014
Do you think this should solve the problem?
youtube.com/watch?v=fQOE0vQgM5w
Because I'm worried obout using chainfire 3D.
And is there a way to backup all the data to my PC to restore it if it wont boot?

Ceymoonie

Jun 18, 2014
I just discovered something strange: I can play Riptide GP2, without changing anything. But RIptide is tegra only, right
huh.gif
?

Last edited:

mudflap2.0

Apr 7, 2014
how do you know he pirated it them?, anyways, for dt you can modify the shared prefs in data/data to get tegra effects(works on both dt games)

Reactions: Ceymoonie

mudflap2.0

Apr 7, 2014
this forum is so dead, even the moderators don't seem to mind people saying they pirated content, WOW, Jordan of xda, please shout this forum out, and revive it please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's meant to only run on Tetra 4 Processor devices with the NVIDIA gamepad keys. That's what the game recognizes.

Sent from my SHIELD using Tapatalk
    Do you think this should solve the problem?
    youtube.com/watch?v=fQOE0vQgM5w
    Because I'm worried obout using chainfire 3D.
    And is there a way to backup all the data to my PC to restore it if it wont boot?

The game uses other data for the Shield, it's not a Tegra exclusive like Chainfire describes, it's a Shield exclusive...
    how do you know he pirated it them?, anyways, for dt you can modify the shared prefs in data/data to get tegra effects(works on both dt games)