Tecno Phantom A3 Mods; Rooting, CWM Recovery, Low Apps Memory

Search This thread

abbas

Dec 10, 2003
Ibadan, NIGERIA
Tecno Phantom A3 is the new phablet released to the Nigerian Market by Tecno. It is a well specced Chinese android phone. Having acquired this phone, I noticed a lack of basic mods to the phone, so I went about helping myself. Following are the results of my research.

1. Rooting

Please use cydia impactor http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/ to root the phone. It is easy and quick. After using cydia impactor, complete the routing with CF SuperSu. This is available in the play market.

2. CWM Recovery

You need a rooted phone to install this recovery.
After rooting, install mtk mobileuncle from the play market, then use it to update your recovery using the attached recovery image.

3. One major problem I noted earlier on with the phone is the small application memory. If you install many apps like me, your phone will soon telling you of low application memory. The solution below should banish that completely.

After these 3 mods you can really enjoy this great phone.

If I have helped you, don't post a thank you, just press the thanks button.

Attachments

• TECNO-M9_131204__recovery_140126-173820.img
    5.5 MB · Views: 3,260
Last edited:

iguran

Feb 11, 2013
Follow up on Tecno M9

Dear Abbas,
I would also like to suggest [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices
Check it out on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276 and after installing the apk, choose the 3rd option.
After a restart the phone will automatically download SuperSU from the playstore.

Please advise method of fixing the small application memory.

Thanks
Guran

Tecno Phantom A3 is the new phablet released to the Nigerian Market by Tecno. It is a well specced Chinese android phone. Having acquired this phone, I noticed a lack of basic mods to the phone, so I went about helping myself. Following are the results of my research.

1. Rooting

Please use cydia impactor http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/ to root the phone. It is easy and quick. After using cydia impactor, complete the routing with CF SuperSu. This is available in the play market.

2. CWM Recovery

After rooting, install mtk mobileuncle from the play market, then use it to update your recovery using the attached recovery image.

3. One major problem I noted earlier on with the phone is the small application memory. If you install many apps like me, your phone will soon telling you of low application memory. The solution below should banish that completely.

icekanem

Apr 18, 2014
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Request for more info on free Tecno A3 internal memory

Please kindly assist with detailed process on how to free my techno A3 with internal error memory. I know you you have already gone through that but I did t quite get it.
Icekanem

Dear Abbas,
I would also like to suggest [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices
Check it out on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276 and after installing the apk, choose the 3rd option.
After a restart the phone will automatically download SuperSU from the playstore.

Please advise method of fixing the small application memory.

Thanks
Guran

diveshparyani

Dec 16, 2013
VRoot

I would also like to suggest using vroot, really easy one click rooting
Steps:
PRE-ROOTING
1. Download attached files and extract
View attachment 2708367
View attachment 2708373
2. Enable USB debugging from developer options in settings and also make sure u have install from unknown sources checked
-- If u cant see any developer options, go to about device and keep tapping on build no till it starts showing you are a developer
Enable-Developer-Options.png
3. install tecno a3 drivers with pdannet setup attached below in the rar file
4. install vroot attached below in the rar file

ROOTING
1. Open vroot and connect phone to pc
icon.png
2. it will install a random chinese app on your phone, ignore it if its shows a popup click the left button (its in chinese), it will show connected to pc kind of icon, when it does, click root :fingers-crossed:
IMG_0595.jpg

WARNING: DO NOT PULL OUT WIRE/OFF THE DEVICE/OFF THE PC or distrupt the rooting in any way (for the stupids)

3. wait a while, dont panic, wait till it shows a tick mark and it starts rebooting
4. once the phone is back on:good:, its safe to unplug, and u will see kinguser, Superuser or any similar app, you are rooted! :D :victory:
5. Dont delete the chinese app or king root, let them stay, you can verify root with root checker basic from play store
TESTED ON TECNO A3 (M9) ON ANDROID 4.2.1, instead of saying thanks, click the thanks button below:highfive:

SCREENSHOTS FOR HELP AND PROOF ATTACHED BELOW

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Reactions: webbie254

diveshparyani

Dec 16, 2013
Memory low issue

Please kindly assist with detailed process on how to free my techno A3 with internal error memory. I know you you have already gone through that but I did t quite get it.
Icekanem

Out of 16 GB tecno has forced us to use 1GB only for apps, unfortuanetly there is no way to increase this partition but you can transfer apps to sd card instead, for some apps that are not allowed to be sent to sd by default, you can use tinanium backup (free on play store) for ROOTED devices, with this you can force them to stuff into sd card :p it wont transfer the entire app, but will transfer upto 60-95% of the app's space to sd card. Enjoy :laugh:, hit thanks if it helped

diveshparyani

Dec 16, 2013
This method is applicable to other mobile phone?

You mean the memory low solution? Yes, it is applicable to most of the android phones, including samsung, Sony, micromax, almost anything running jelly bean

If u mean the vroot?
I'm not sure if of compatibility but you can give it a shot, if it's not compatible, it won't let u root it, so you stand harmless.

diveshparyani

Dec 16, 2013
Memory low issue

Can anyone please explain more in detail about how to use the .img file?
Has anyone tried it? it works?

HitechCole

Jul 14, 2014
A more detailed Solution

Here's a much more comprehensive and detailed solution to solving the problem.

There is absolutely no way you can increase the size of your phone’s internal storage but you can allocate some part of your memory card for your phone to install applications to.

What you will need

Steps to increasing your android internal memory

Step 1: Backing up your memory card:

before attempting this, make sure you have backed up all the files and folders on your memory card to your computer by easily coping the whole memory card and pasting into a folder on your computer.
Step 2: Partitioning your memory card:

connect your memory card to your computer using a memory card reader (dont use a phone and USB cable) and take note of the letter assigned to it by your computer on my computer page example (F:), (D:) etc .
Open the installed MiniTool on your computer.
Right click on your memory card letter (example D:, F;) and click delete.
Now you will see the memory card showing unallocated space, right click on it again and select create as.
Select primary
If your memory card size is less than 2GB, select file system FAT. If it’s more than 2GB, select FAT32.
Now go down and reduce the size of your memory card on partition size so that there will be space on unallocated space (that will be your added memory, so you can choose any size you want)
Now, choose the unallocated space again and select Create as -> Primary
Now, choose EXT2 file system. You can let the whole space take over in this step.
Now click ok and click apply on the top menu.
Wait for it to finish and you have successfully partitioned your memory card.
copy your data backed up on your computer back to the memory card and insert it into your phone and boot it
Step 3: Configuring Link2SD:

Now open Link2SD which you have downloaded from Google play store on your phone
Link2SD will ask you to select the file system of your second permission, choose ext2.
Now click okay, the phone will ask to get restarted, click oka so it will restart itself.
A dialogue box will come up after the restart click okay
Now their is a funnel-like icon on the top part click it you will see different options choose on internal (see picture below)
Link2SD

Now tap the option key below, and select multi-select, then press the select all button. All of these apps will be selected.
Now still on the option key choose action then click create link
Select the three options (link application file, link dalvic-cache file,link library files) then click ok
Link2SD will then move all those apps and games then create a link with them from the second partition of your SD card. Touch OK when done
Now you are done but to make sure this happens every single time you install an app you should goto settings from the menu and click on auto link and then select the three options again and ok….thats done
You have now free of the low memory issue with your phone.

Note: DO NOT convert core apps like android system, messeging, google play, gmail, camera, phone etc to user apps, Convert only those apps which also can be downloaded from google play, like Skype, Viber, Facebook, Twitter, talk , maps , Sound recorder and others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Rooting

2. CWM Recovery

VRoot

I would also like to suggest using vroot, really easy one click rooting
    Steps:
    PRE-ROOTING
    1. Download attached files and extract
    View attachment 2708367
    View attachment 2708373
    2. Enable USB debugging from developer options in settings and also make sure u have install from unknown sources checked
    -- If u cant see any developer options, go to about device and keep tapping on build no till it starts showing you are a developer
    Enable-Developer-Options.png
    3. install tecno a3 drivers with pdannet setup attached below in the rar file
    4. install vroot attached below in the rar file

ROOTING
    1. Open vroot and connect phone to pc
    icon.png
    2. it will install a random chinese app on your phone, ignore it if its shows a popup click the left button (its in chinese), it will show connected to pc kind of icon, when it does, click root :fingers-crossed:
    IMG_0595.jpg

WARNING: DO NOT PULL OUT WIRE/OFF THE DEVICE/OFF THE PC or distrupt the rooting in any way (for the stupids)

3. wait a while, dont panic, wait till it shows a tick mark and it starts rebooting
    4. once the phone is back on:good:, its safe to unplug, and u will see kinguser, Superuser or any similar app, you are rooted! :D :victory:
    5. Dont delete the chinese app or king root, let them stay, you can verify root with root checker basic from play store
    TESTED ON TECNO A3 (M9) ON ANDROID 4.2.1, instead of saying thanks, click the thanks button below:highfive:

SCREENSHOTS FOR HELP AND PROOF ATTACHED BELOW
    Now that I have install Custom Recovery with Easy Magic Recovery tool, I need any compatible ROM.
    For information Tecno Phantom A3 is a MT-6589 device.