M8 vs. M7: Earpiece volume

Search This thread

Legaleye3000

Nov 27, 2009
I upgraded from a M7 and it appears the earpiece volume is lower. Anyone have a similar experience? Trying to determine if its just me... Thanks.

superm3

Nov 30, 2010
the m7 volume for the headphone is far superior to m8. I am using the player pro to play all my musics. The m7 sound is clear and crisp. however on the m8 I am not satisfy with the quality and volume of the m8. You can turn the volume all the way up and it would feel like something is missing. I wanted to return the m8 badly because of it. But then I tweak the EQ on Player pro and downloaded the virper4android and tweak the EQ on there also. Its still not as good as m7 but close to it. I still like my m8 because of the sd card but I wish the size would be between 4.3 or 4.7 inch. I'm using viperrom on both my m7 and m8.

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012
Check and make sure that there isn't some kind of adaptive volume feature enabled for calls or something.

As far as audio quality, I think the M8 blows away my M7. Now, I have decent headphones, and they don't really need an EQ to sound how I like them to sound, so that may be different for other people. The M8 has been getting reviews raving about the audio quality though, and it has a thread over on Head-fi saying the same. The difference between the two is probably the beats vs boomsound EQ. If you like the m7 better, you probably just liked that "sound" more, which should be able to accomplish through software. The hardware itself is better though.

SeanFloyd

Aug 4, 2010
The speaker quality is great but for whatever reason the earpiece volume does seem very low.

redalertlb

Dec 15, 2007
K-Town
Yea I didn't notice it myself until yesterday when I was walking the dog. It just wasn't loud enough for some reason. Call clarity is nice but the volume is missing a few steps

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

EtherealRemnant

You guys think its low? I have to turn it down. The first time I made a call the other day I thought I was going to blow my ear drum, I have to set it around 50% while my M7 was always on max.

Sound is much better than the M7 all the way around in my eyes. Maybe its a ROM thing, I don't know if InsertCoin has tweaked the audio at all (if it has been tweaked, baadnewz hasn't said anything about it)

style154

Jun 23, 2012
San Tan Valley
It seems like the first ring is loud then it tends to go down in volume regardless as to what it's set at mind you I'm still completely stock haven't even rooted this baby yet maybe a software update will fix this issue?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Legaleye3000

Nov 27, 2009
I'm not talking about the ringer. I'm talking about the earpiece when you are talking to someone and listening to them.

verboten

Feb 15, 2010
Normal
Test this,

I experienced this myself. I was talking with a friend and noticed very low volume. While talking, I tried to turn up the volume but no change. as soon as I moved the phone away from my ear and the screen turned on, I was then able to adjust volume. It seems, at least for me, that you can not change the incall volume while the phone is against your ear. Do a test call and try.

I'm not talking about the ringer. I'm talking about the earpiece when you are talking to someone and listening to them.

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
the m7 volume for the headphone is far superior to m8. I am using the player pro to play all my musics. The m7 sound is clear and crisp. however on the m8 I am not satisfy with the quality and volume of the m8. You can turn the volume all the way up and it would feel like something is missing. I wanted to return the m8 badly because of it. But then I tweak the EQ on Player pro and downloaded the virper4android and tweak the EQ on there also. Its still not as good as m7 but close to it. I still like my m8 because of the sd card but I wish the size would be between 4.3 or 4.7 inch. I'm using viperrom on both my m7 and m8.

The M8 is so much better than the M7 in terms of sound quality and loudness.
If it doesn't sound like it for you, your unit must be bad... Or there's something wrong with your ears :p

My cousin's first unit from Verizon had something wrong with the speakers/amp and had to take it back. Sounded very distorted.

Reactions: superm3

superm3

Nov 30, 2010
If it doesn't sound like it for you, your unit must be bad... Or there's something wrong with your ears :p

My cousin's first unit from Verizon had something wrong with the speakers/amp and had to take it back. Sounded very distorted.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I passed my 14 days return policy. Is it too late to exchange for another one?

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Thanks. I'll give that a try. I passed my 14 days return policy. Is it too late to exchange for another one?

When I had my m7 replaced after about 6 months, they sent me a unit in the mail. But it was refurbished.
I only had to pay like $5 shipping.

I'm not sure what they would do now, since it's so new. Your best bet would be to go and ask

daddyd302

Oct 2, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.