Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

The official Build

Cyanogenmod-10.1.png

for the AT&T HTC One XL

Click link here>> Link to Development Thread <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
redLine.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ethantarheels123

Jan 11, 2009
For the new kernel is it possible to flash the newest HBoot from this thread just to make life easier? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2156368

Would that be the 2.14 HBoot?

thanks again!

BTW I know I already posted this in the AOKP thread...Just wanted clarification from both devs.

afaik, you MUST flash the RUU in its entirety. I believe h8 did something like just flash parts of the RUU and that bricked his phone. As long as your s-offed, no reason why you wouldn't want to RUU to 3.18.

Last edited by a moderator:

belmont717

May 31, 2013
Is s2w available on this kernel? My power button has been sticky so I've to move to the sense5 rom which I like. But definitely not as much as i love CM10.1 :D

me_is_rushin

Oct 17, 2010
Dallas
So Girlfriend is finally getting tired of her Sense and is open to the idea of me rooting. Besides the camcorder resolution, hdmi, are there any bugs that would keep this from being a good dd. Thanks for the help guys

JayDream

Feb 17, 2013
Palm Springs, CA
Hey whats up everybody :) I have a couple questions, Is it absolutely necessary to upgrade to 3.18 RUU for this ROM? The only reason I'm hesitating to ditch 1.09, is because I'm a bonafide flashaholic, and I'm not looking forward to fastboot flashing the boot image again, every time I want to try a new rom! (been there done that and it is totally NOT the business :eek:) Which brings me to my second question, Does updating to 3.18 require you to fastboot flash the boot image before flashing new rom's? Evita/hboot 1.09/S-Off

Last edited:

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
classical-gas.blogspot.com
Hey whats up everybody :) I have a couple questions, Is it absolutely necessary to upgrade to 3.18 RUU for this ROM? The only reason I'm hesitating to ditch 1.09, is because I'm a bonafide flashaholic, and I'm not looking forward to fastboot flashing the boot image again, every time I want to try a new rom! (been there done that and it is totally NOT the business :eek:) Which brings me to my second question, Does updating to 3.18 require you to fastboot flash the boot image before flashing new rom's? Evita/hboot 1.09/S-Off

Nah, with S-Off you don't need to fastboot flash anything.

Yesterday I was S-On, 1.09, now I'm S-Off 2.14 hboot (after using the 3.18 RUU). I've never had to fastboot flash the boot.img on this phone.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: JayDream

JayDream

Feb 17, 2013
Palm Springs, CA

Misterowl

So I RUU'd and downgraded the touch panel firmware and tried to flash a new recovery but my bootloader is locked.
I tried unlocking the bootloader in HTCdev and I keep getting this in my terminal.
ERROR: could not get pipe properties
(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.013s]
finished. total time: 0.013s

Reactions: JayDream

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
classical-gas.blogspot.com
Thanks man I appreciate it. But I think I'm gonna have to sit back on this one tho :/ at least until I have a better idea of what I'm getting into...

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Yeah I was a bit worried but was patient and followed all instruction instructions below (from the CarbonRom thread).

1. Download the 2 files for s-off and place in adb folder.

2. Download the recovery of choice and put in adb folder.

3 (optional) download the remove red text file and put in adb folder.

4. You'll have to downgrade touchscreen if you want to use aosp. Head to original dev sticky to download files from h8rift. Put those in adb folder

1. S-off! Make sure you confirm in bootloader (it usually works easier from a sense rom btw.) 4.2.2 roms need updated adb but it may work.

2. When you ruu, it doesn't touch sdcard. But I would quickly mount and backup your pics and whatnot just in case.

3. Enter fast boot. Run the ruu on the computer. It'll bring you back to 100% stock.

4. Once you up and running, enter fast boot again and send twrp.

5. I recommend to get rid of the ugly ass red text on splash. Follow Liam's thread to rid it.

6. While in fastboot go ahead and downgrade touchscreen following h8rifts instructions.

7. Now you're golden to flash anything you want :thumbup::p

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

I used the RUU from here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huge thanks to XsMagical. My new Evita motherboard will be here tomorrow :).

Time to get back to work!

-h8

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

The official Build

Cyanogenmod-10.1.png

for the AT&T HTC One XL

Click link here>> Link to Development Thread <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    call it what you want, alpha, beta, foxtrot, uniform, charlie, kilo.
    It's stable enough to run as a daily driver for enterprise work/email.

"Stable" is relative I suppose but I would not classify this ROM anywhere near stable. Just browse the thread and you will see people missing work because of malfunctioning alarms, bricks, reboots, overheating, poor to no reception, audio issues, bluetooth issues and all the rest. Also to the over-sensitive fanboys on this forum please for goodness sake don't take this the wrong way, I am just as grateful for h8 and the rest of the devs hard work as you are.

The devs have made a massive ongoing effort to bring the ROM to this point but to call it "stable" is a joke. Its a work in progress that's unlikely to ever be finished as our device fades into obscurity with more and more time going into the newer devices.
    Thanks man I appreciate it. But I think I'm gonna have to sit back on this one tho :/ at least until I have a better idea of what I'm getting into...

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Yeah I was a bit worried but was patient and followed all instruction instructions below (from the CarbonRom thread).

1. Download the 2 files for s-off and place in adb folder.

2. Download the recovery of choice and put in adb folder.

3 (optional) download the remove red text file and put in adb folder.

4. You'll have to downgrade touchscreen if you want to use aosp. Head to original dev sticky to download files from h8rift. Put those in adb folder

1. S-off! Make sure you confirm in bootloader (it usually works easier from a sense rom btw.) 4.2.2 roms need updated adb but it may work.

2. When you ruu, it doesn't touch sdcard. But I would quickly mount and backup your pics and whatnot just in case.

3. Enter fast boot. Run the ruu on the computer. It'll bring you back to 100% stock.

4. Once you up and running, enter fast boot again and send twrp.

5. I recommend to get rid of the ugly ass red text on splash. Follow Liam's thread to rid it.

6. While in fastboot go ahead and downgrade touchscreen following h8rifts instructions.

7. Now you're golden to flash anything you want :thumbup::p

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

I used the RUU from here