2 New Utils.. (BrightLock and TouchControl)

Search This thread

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
Hey guys, I thought I'd share with you all 2 new toys for our Kaisers/Tilts.

BrightLock is a small utility that gets installed in to your startup folder. It will stop the Tilt/Kaiser from dimming the display every time it is locked. It replaces the needed for a script to hack the registry each time.

Touch Control gives you an easy way to tweak your touch screen sensitivity without having to dig through other tweak tools.

Both are available on my RapidShare folder:

http://rapidshare.com/users/C7VW57

I'll put them up as packages for Chefs when I get a chance.

Fitipaldi1

Dec 15, 2006
Atlanta
I don't use touch but BrightLock fixes the last (non-driver or lack of driver :rolleyes:) issue I have with the Tilt.

Thanks

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
TouchControl isn't related to the HTC Touch or cube. It's just for adjusting the sensitivity on the actual touchscreen. Same as recalibrating only you look at it as a slider.

rebecker

Mar 13, 2007
Minneapolis
BrightLock is a great idea, BUT it changes the backlight setting to 10 seconds on my TyTN II, an unacceptably short amount of time. :( Maybe there's a simple fix for this issue??

-Bob-

rebecker

Mar 13, 2007
Minneapolis
Can anyone give me the registry entry to try the backlight fix, since the BrightLock app won't work for me. I'm wondering if a manual edit causes the backlight setting to change to 10 seconds too.

EDIT: Found it!

HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel

There REG_DWORD Key called LockLevel can be set between 0-10 (0=0%, 10=100% locklevel backlight brightness)

EDIT 2: It looks like editing the LockLevel has the same result as BrightLock, the backlight turns off after 10 seconds. I'm way too dimwitted to be able to function with only 10 seconds of backlight, :eek: so I guess there's really no fix for me.

Thanks.

-Bob-

Last edited:

tjboggs13

Oct 12, 2007
TouchControl Requirements

I installed TouchControl on my Tilt and it is requesting a newer version of .NET. What version does this program require?

I am using the latest official ROM version from HTC.

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
I installed TouchControl on my Tilt and it is requesting a newer version of .NET. What version does this program require?

I am using the latest official ROM version from HTC.

They are compiled against .NET 3.5

Rebecker, that's really odd. All I'm doing is forcing LockLevel to 10 at boot then dumping from memory. It's a quick fix to save the user from having to setup scripting/etc.

LockLevel should ONLY affect the brightness when locked.

RemE

Jan 2, 2007
SoCal
I tried "Bright Lock" and it changes the locklevel key to 10 (full brightness) at power On, but has the side effect of changing the key "Battery Timeout" to 7 (seconds) which dims the display in 7 seconds when the phone is unlocked as well as locked.

Haven't found a way to get a bright screen at power-up to see the screen to unlock it (with a short timer like 7 seconds), then revert to the backlight timer setting (like 30 seconds or more) once unlocked!

There is another thread dealing with short backlight issues and it seems that LockLevel and BatteryTimeout are linked somehow???

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=351709

What do you think the BatteryTimeoutTemp key does?

EDIT

In any case, if you REMOVE Bright Lock, then re-name the DeviceLock key like the referenced thread describes and soft reset, BINGO, the Backlight comes on bright for about 7 seconds when locked AND it stays On for the duration of the settings>backlight timer when un-locked!

Last edited: