Froyo - Android 2.2 on Kaiser Anyone?

Search This thread

deezy7

Oct 30, 2007
GTA
Hey great xda people!!

Just wondering if anyone is working on a Froyo ROM? Or if there is even a Froyo build to cook a ROM yet?? I sure hope so, because I was thinking of reformatting my 16gb microSD to give it like, 2 to 4gb of Ext2 space to install apps on. But with the announcement of Android 2.2 supporting apps on SD, we will have whatever size our microSD can hold right?

So does that mean we won't even need to create the Ext2 partitions anymore?

Last edited:

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
We already have apps2sd; there are huge kernel differences.

There isn't even an rom for the G1 that's usable (everything works), we always port from the G1.

deezy7

Oct 30, 2007
GTA
wait, so, if we use apps2sd, does that mean we don't need to use those the Ext2 partitions + "data on sd partition" combination?

Feb 20, 2012
I m in a trouble i want to install Android on my htc kaiser with wm 6.5 but failed i want to install by heret.exe method dont need to remove my wm so i tried method for 2.1 eclair ,2.2 foroyo and 2.3 gingerbread after penguin it stucks with dont mount sd card in 2.1 eclair and something like system.img failure in foroyo 2.2
I have .tgz file for both 2.3 gingerbread and foroyo for kaiser while one .tgz file is full hardware functionality i searched on net .Now plz tell me what to do to run by heret.exe file

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
Have you try Polymod 2.1 which I ever use It works .or maybe you need to change you sd card.what I know is that some rom not compatible with HaRET. I'm using CyanogenMod 7 now ever use CyanogenMod 6 with NAND

n2rjt

Logs would help. You will probably find a file named something like dmesg.log in the andboot folder, but I don't remember clearly. I made a mistake in my private message to you, where I said that the zImage and initrd needed to match so that the drivers would match the kernel. In fact, the drivers are not in the initrd but instead are in an androidupdate.tgz file that you should find the same place you found the kernel.
Ugh, guys, I've been away from kaiser long enough I barely remember how to do anything. I think it might not be safe for me to give advice anymore. But if you post your questions here, maybe someone will know the answer.