ICS USB Transfer Speed Slow

Search This thread

estookay

Jan 13, 2012
Hi

I just wanted to ask if anyone using an ICS ROM (e.g. Onecosmic's) is getting normal USB transfer speeds when using to copy from PC to Phone.

I'm using Oncecosmic's RC3 build (which states the speed issue should be fixed), but my speeds are only reaching 1.7MB/s. Can anyone confirm if they are getting faster?

Thanks!

Last edited:

alexx910

Oct 31, 2010
I've already reported this problem to the google-code page.
I also have this issue. It is actually kinda fixed, but only on the recovery. Trough recovery I get a speed up to 10Mb/s data transfer rate, but if the phone is booted up, I cant go over 2mb -.- Thats kinda sad. Is there the same issue with nexus s? Does somebody know somethin about?

Reactions: estookay

estookay

Jan 13, 2012
Thanks for the confirmation alexx910!

I had a quick search and I think Nexus S users are experiencing similar speeds. Someone mentioned it could be due to the system format ICS uses (not EXT4).. but it's a bit over my head :D

malcho

Aug 30, 2010
Sarajevo
I think it's not ics related.I had same problem with fugu kernel on cm7.Fugu is 3.0 based kernel.

alexx910

Oct 31, 2010
Well that is really sad. And because the nexus s have the same problems with the speed and we all know, that our ICS Rom is a direct port from nexus s, we suffer under the same problem :/
(they had 4mb/s, now 1mb/s, its ok to live with, we had from 8mb/s to 1-2mb/s, that is really bad)
And I dont think, that there wont be a bugfix in the next time (1-2 months)

G

GuestK0044

I also have this issue. It is actually kinda fixed, but only on the recovery. Trough recovery I get a speed up to 10Mb/s data transfer rate, but if the phone is booted up, I cant go over 2mb -.- Thats kinda sad. Is there the same issue with nexus s? Does somebody know somethin about?

This worked for moving my files thanks! Was waiting hours for transfers and never thought about doing it in recovery!

alkomy

Nov 2, 2010
Cairo
Tell now with all roms and kernels i get less than 2.0Mb. Around 10.0Mb using CWM.

Sometimes the device freez when trying to transfer from internal sd to external one.

Sent from my GT-I9000 (ICS AOPK #25 - Semaphore 0.9.1) using xda premium

Taranis

Aug 31, 2011
Poland
AOKP build 23 beta 2.1 with latest Glitch

I noticed that when I'm copying files to SD, the phone CPU usage is high.

Maybe phone want to scan files that are currently writed on SD and that's the reason of slow transfer?

kunjar

Nov 25, 2010
Ive been suffering slow USB transfer using TeamHackSungs CM9 alpha since the first build. Transfer rates are around 1-1.5mb/s.

Using stock Samsung ROMS (Gingerbread) id get around 5-6mb/s consistently.

nemanja066

Oct 31, 2011
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
USB Transfer Speed is too slow (only when transfer data from computer to phone - about 2.5 mb/s)! When transfer data from phone to computer , speed is near 10 mb/s! ;)

Team ICSSGS 4.0.3 RC4.2 with semaphore 0.9.1

What is the problem!? how and what needs to be adjusted to work properly! on stock [kernel] everything is fine! :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All kernels that are based on 3.0 have a slow usb transfer.
    It's fixed on rc4.2.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    In AOKP (ICS) and MIUI (GB) with both internal and external SD the speed was around 1-2.5MB/S
    with samsung based rom the speed is around 7-10MB/SEC
    Anarkia, thanks for your unofficial AOKP release :>

All, I confirm: it seems to be kernel related. AOKP with IcyGLITCH suffers from slow SD transfers, but Anarkia's release, based on the same AOKP rom, but with different kernel (Devil) - problem gone.