[Q] Need help restoring Phone.apk

Search This thread

Aneelneupane

Jan 3, 2014
Hey guys,
I messed up and uninstalled the phone application from my phone using Root Uninstaller. I did create a backup before uninstalling, but when I try to run the backup apk, i get an error message saying 'application not install' . Please help. I am freaking out here.
Device: Micromax Doodle 2 running android version 4.2.1

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
Do you have a custom rom installed??

Sent from my GT-S5310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

http://www.mediafire.com/?0v6rw70jd142zd4

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

This is the link for the flashable .zip file.... if you don't have a custom recovery just extract the apk and install it.... i think it will work

Hey guys,
I messed up and uninstalled the phone application from my phone using Root Uninstaller. I did create a backup before uninstalling, but when I try to run the backup apk, i get an error message saying 'application not install' . Please help. I am freaking out here.
Device: Micromax Doodle 2 running android version 4.2.1
@leodani
Your method will not work. He is having a Micromax phone and you have a Samsung. So phone.apk is different. Also it won't work by extracting and installing because it is not a normal app. It is a system app. If you try to install, there will be "application not installed " error.

@Aneelneupane
I assume you have old phone.apk backup.
Go to CWM, mount /system & /sdcard.
Flash this Aroma File Manager from CWM.
Use V1.80 or 1.90
This is touchscreen working file browser preferred to put /system files without problem.
Go to sdcard====>backup location====>long press phone.apk then copy====>paste in /system/app/(here).

CHANGE PERMISSIONS (VERY IMPORTANT)
Find the apk in list after pasting. Long press it (this must be done after copy-pasting)====>change permissions. Select rw-r--r-- (0644)
Looks like this
[V] [V] [ ]
[V] [ ] [ ]
[V] [ ] [ ] where "V" is tick mark.

Exit, reboot and you have working phone.apk

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction by xda-app
using CWM........Busybox commands........ No I use my hands:D

Last edited:

Aneelneupane

Jan 3, 2014
I can't seem to be able to mount sd card.. I was able to mount system (i think) using CWM recovery but it says 'error mounting sd card'
And also, can you elaborate on how to flash Aroma file manager,please?

Last edited:
I can't seem to be able to mount sd card.. I was able to mount system (i think) using CWM recovery but it says 'error mounting sd card'

Try with different SD card. It seems problem with card.
To confirm you have mounted something check following
If it shows "unmount system" option then system is mounted.
If it says "mount system" then system is not mounted.
Similar is applied to other mounts.

Flash Aroma File Manager means download zip from link I have given and put in root of SD card. (I mean do not put in any folder, Put it where you see Android, download, Bluetooth etc folders).
Then go to CWM, mount /system and /sdcard. Come back to CWM first menu. Go to "install zip from sdcard"====>Choose zip from sdcard====>Select file you downloaded.
Then follow my previous instructions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aneelneupane

Aneelneupane

Jan 3, 2014

Flash Aroma File Manager means download zip from link I have given and put in root of SD card. (I mean do not put in any folder, Put it where you see Android, download, Bluetooth etc folders).
Then go to CWM, mount /system and /sdcard. Come back to CWM first menu. Go to "install zip from sdcard"====>Choose zip from sdcard====>Select file you downloaded.

Okay, so I was able to flash Aroma file manager.. My phone only has internal sd card. that must've been the problem.
but i faced another problem. In Aroma file manager, the folder 'sdcard' is empty. :confused: All the files are still in there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Aneelneupane

Jan 3, 2014
Okay, So I found the backup app which was under some folder other than sd card. but I can't find system/app.
:( Where do i paste the backup?

Okay, So I found the backup app which was under some folder other than sd card. but I can't find system/app.
:( Where do i paste the backup?

In upper right corner there is back button. Press it till it disappears. In that directory (known as root) There is /system folder. Inside system there is app folder.

If there is not app folder inside system, it means you have not mounted system.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To confirm you have mounted something check following
    If it shows "unmount system" option then system is mounted.
    If it says "mount system" then system is not mounted.
    Similar is applied to other mounts.