[Q] Bluestacks Opinions?? Other options?

Search This thread

ScrapHappy

Jun 18, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I have to get a new Windows laptop for my job. In an effort to use only one device (two if I count my phone), I'd like to figure out a way to use my Android apps that I have spent considerable time adding data to, etc..., to say nothing of the money I have spent on them. I'm considering a combo laptop/touchscreen/tablet device, but my question is....has anyone actually tried the options such as Bluestacks to use their Android apps on their Windows device? If the implementation stinks I will plan on keeping my current Android tablet and going low budget on the Windows laptop....if it might work even half way decently, I will spend more and get a decent laptop/tablet combo....anyone have any opinions about it?

Thanks!

Lisa

ScrapHappy

Jun 18, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I have to get a new Windows laptop for my job. In an effort to use only one device (two if I count my phone), I'd like to figure out a way to use my Android apps that I have spent considerable time adding data to, etc..., to say nothing of the money I have spent on them. I'm considering a combo laptop/touchscreen/tablet device, but my question is....has anyone actually tried the options such as Bluestacks to use their Android apps on their Windows device? If the implementation stinks I will plan on keeping my current Android tablet and going low budget on the Windows laptop....if it might work even half way decently, I will spend more and get a decent laptop/tablet combo....anyone have any opinions about it?

Thanks!

Lisa

Anyone out there who has needed to combine Android and Windows?

VandeVT_T

Mar 21, 2014
Anyone out there who has needed to combine Android and Windows?
Hi Lisa,

I think I can help you with your problem. I'm currently in possession of what may arguably be the best windows tablet - the Surface Pro 2.
To my opinion, the idea of a combo laptop/touchscreen/tablet in one device is excellent, and running android apps on windows is also not bad. However, in reality, with my core i5, I can only manage to run some less complex and demanding apps. Bluestack is constantly unresponsive and the total experience is horrible. However, you may consider the two points:

- Bluestack is in beta: So in the future with android kirkat coming, we may see an improve in performance.
- Bluestack is emulation: And in emulation, the stronger the host machine, the better. So with a core i7, things might be different.

Br,