Unrooting/Relocking my HTC One

Search This thread

RRaczak

Jul 5, 2014
I'm trying to setback to factory settings. So tampered/unlocked are gone again. I tried to follow a guide but it just told me my image could not be updated. Yes It has been asked many a time before. I have spent 3 hours looking through the information trying to figure it out. Something I'm confused about is my Version-Main is blank. I don't know what I need to do, what recovery file I need. If anyone could Help i would really appreciate it. And please be noob friendly! I'm very new to this. I have viewed all the tutorials, all varietys of them, and to no avail. Direct downloads with specific instructions would be very appreciated!!!

fastboot getvar all

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.00.20.1108
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3873mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Last edited:

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
I'm trying to setback to factory settings. So tampered/unlocked are gone again. I tried to follow a guide but it just told me my image could not be updated. Yes It has been asked many a time before. I have spent 3 hours looking through the information trying to figure it out. Something I'm confused about is my Version-Main is blank. I don't know what I need to do, what recovery file I need. If anyone could Help i would really appreciate it. And please be noob friendly! I'm very new to this. I have viewed all the tutorials, all varietys of them, and to no avail. Direct downloads with specific instructions would be very appreciated!!!

fastboot getvar all

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.00.20.1108
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA394S905426
(bootloader) imei: 990001461306961
(bootloader) meid: 99000146130696
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3873mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

This thread should help you. Just follow the instructions, and your phone will be back to factory default settings. It will wipe everything though.

RRaczak

Jul 5, 2014
This thread should help you. Just follow the instructions, and your phone will be back to factory default settings. It will wipe everything though.

So i've tried that before and it didn't work. But I tried it again just to try it. What happens is asoon as it starts to flash i get "htc_fastboot.exe has stopped responding." and then the utility crashes and im left with my phone sitting with the HTC logo on it and I have to hold the power button to get it to restart. I also get an error when relocking my phone, dunno if that means anything..

G:\Backup\OneDrivers_Fastboot\OneDrivers_Fastboot\Fastboot>fastboot oem lock
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) mipi display off
(bootloader) mipi_dsi_cmds_tx_ext
(bootloader) pm8921_vreg_disable function, vreg_id = 38
(bootloader) pm8921_vreg_disable function, vreg_id = 1
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 534642044 (0x1FDDFD7C)
(bootloader) Use PSHOLD to reset device.
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.206s

Then it will load back to the OS. I restart the phone and it loads into the bootloader and will ONLY load into the bootloader now. Can't go to recover or anything. This happened before and I have to go through the unlocking process and wipe the phone again to get it to boot to OS or recovery.

McCullyCullen

Jul 22, 2013
I was having the same issue. But this is what I did to fix it. Kind of a lot of work!
I think the problem was my Hboot was at 1.57 and that messed with all the RUUs. I tried several different ones and that explorer failed every time. Once I put it on Hboot 1.44 and ran the 1.29RUU it worked on the first try.

1. S-Off your device (if not already!)

2. Download the Hex Stock Zip from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314921

3. Download the Bootloader Unlock Tool from here: http://www.htc1guru.com/2013/11/new-bootloader-unlock-tool/

4. Download this RUU (it can only be this one!!): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250904

5. Once you're s-off, transfer the Hex Stock Zip to your device and flash it in TWRP (or whatever custom recovery). This should make your bootloader show HBoot 1.44 again.

6. Transfer the Bootloader Unlock Tool to your device and flash it in recovery. You'll want to check the option to lock your bootloader.

7. Connect your phone to the USB and run the RUU wizard. This should take about 10 minutes but it should work! (It didn't look like it was working for me at first, but eventually I could see the progress bar on the phone moving.)

8. Next, you'll have to boot back into fastboot and "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" to turn s-on.

9. The phone will be running Android 4.1 (I think), so you'll have to update it about 5 times before it's on Sense 6.

Hope this works!!

Last edited:

RRaczak

Jul 5, 2014
Sadly in my attempt to do these steps i tried to s-off my phone. The first method was rumrunner and it just said "wont work for you, goodluck". Next one was revone which gave me error - 1. And in my attempt to find the fix for error one I was told to flash a rom and in doing so now rendered my phone useless. I can no longer enter Recovery. Wiping my phone by locking/unlocking it changes nothing. So I can either power it up and watch it loop or go to fastboot area in bootloader. Now i'm really desperate as I'm expecting calls for a new job on Monday and guess which phone number they have? :(((

RRaczak

Jul 5, 2014
***ADB won't find my devices, drivers won't instal, I reflashed recovery so i can get into recovery but it seems to just fail at all tasks now. I can't enter sideload and all wipes I try just say fail.

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
Sadly in my attempt to do these steps i tried to s-off my phone. The first method was rumrunner and it just said "wont work for you, goodluck". Next one was revone which gave me error - 1. And in my attempt to find the fix for error one I was told to flash a rom and in doing so now rendered my phone useless. I can no longer enter Recovery. Wiping my phone by locking/unlocking it changes nothing. So I can either power it up and watch it loop or go to fastboot area in bootloader. Now i'm really desperate as I'm expecting calls for a new job on Monday and guess which phone number they have? :(((

Damn.. that really sucks. The only option now is to send it back to Sprint and hope for a new one. Say that your phone shut off during an OTA update or something along those lines. Also, is it possible to use another phone for calling? That might save you :p

Also, sorry for not replying earlier, was away from home.