Still no decent replacement for the Desire

Search This thread

sudkcoce

Sep 25, 2009
Looking at how I still like my original Desire, I think my next phone will definitely be a HTC.

Ronok

May 16, 2009
Looking at how HTC dumps their users my next phone won't be a HTC
What do you mean "HTC dumps their users"? I hope you're not talking about ICS, JB, sense 4 or windows phone 8 or iOS 6.0 or what else some people expected to get on their 2 year old device?
Looking at how I still like my original Desire, I think my next phone will definitely be a HTC.
Couldn't agree more. I've been looking at samsung and sony devices and yes even iPhones for a replacement, but I keep reaching for a htcs in stores. Luckily I'm not an impulsive shopper and I already own a working device. Probably it's mostly personal, but the decency they've put in the Desire (software, hardware, support, ... in all aspects) definitely has an important influence too.

sudkcoce

Sep 25, 2009
I have to say I still don't understand why anybody would prefer stock google os over sense ui. My opinion, of course.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whaddya mean there isn't any decent replacement for HTC Desire? There are A LOT of decent replacements out on the market.

The only difference is unlike when Desire came out sticking out like a sore thumb in the mobile market, today's mobile market is very competitive.. congested even.
    Good idea, I always look for image comparissons on line. Problem is that one is already 33% wrong as thats not a Bold. No idea about the moto.

My guess is it used stock images for all of then because those are some phones I've had before (Motorola is current) and the sizes they have for them seem pretty accurate.

Sent from my CWM OC'd CM7 Electrify.
    You'd change the phone becouse… of the *****ing and **** on a forum?

No. I'd change the phone because development on the Desire is dead. All of the decent developers have now gone (they've moved on to newer devices), I've had it for nearly two years, and all of the little kids *****ing and fighting mean that the forum is no longer a good place to be. The whole forum is turning into a joke of how it used to be.

Desire development??? That's a bit of a joke now.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Am I the only one that sees the bottom part of the new xperia series as a complete waste of space?

via xda app

I kinda agree, but the Xperia S looks a decent device.
    Well, the Desire V is coming soon, it's already released in China and it will flow through the rest of the world.

Maybe a decent replacement...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

It doesnt srem to be much of an improvment from the classic desire?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
    ok.. good to see u have a sense of humour :cyclops:

Yes but I don't have yet sense 4 of humour on my desire

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app