[Q] Can't update from 4.1.2 to 4.3, reboots into recovery?

Search This thread

ADK579

Feb 2, 2014
Los Angeles
Hey guys!

I've been looking around for a solution to this one for a while but no luck, so maybe you guys can help me out here..
I'm on 4.1.2 and trying to OTA to 4.3, but when the phone goes to reboot for the update I get:

E:failed to mount /data(no such file or directory)
E:Can't mount /data/fota/ipth-muc.prop
etc (cant mount cache, efs)

#MANUAL MODE#
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
E:failed to mount /system (No such file or directory)
can't mount '/system (No such file or directory)
etc etc
(cant mount/open /cache/recovery/log or /last_install)

Then 3e recovery launches and I can reboot system and go back to my working 4.1.2 with no other problems seemingly. I was thinking maybe I could use ODIN to flash a fresh stock 4.1.2 and retry OTA for 4.3? I have a feeling maybe a failed custom ROM install a while back is what messed me up but I figured someone else might have some ideas.

Thanks!

mikeman45

Oct 15, 2012
You do know if you take the ota you may be locked forever or at least a very long time. I don't believe there is a root procedure for it yet so why take that chance. Just flash a stock rooted Rom that is Knox free and use the correct modem.

Sent from my Wicked GS3

liquidy

May 1, 2010
You do know if you take the ota you may be locked forever or at least a very long time. I don't believe there is a root procedure for it yet so why take that chance. Just flash a stock rooted Rom that is Knox free and use the correct modem.

Sent from my Wicked GS3

can u link a 4.3 stock rooted and modem all in one

thanks