Tasks Exchange Sync

Search This thread

gghiq

Dec 8, 2010
Hi,

I just got my Galaxy Note and am generally happy with it. It does not have any branding or software from a cell phone operator on it.

Exchange syn works with e-mail, contacts and calendar but not with Tasks.
It did work on my Galaxy S 2.

Do you have any hints?

gdayhtc

Jul 24, 2008
Sydney
Hi,

I just got my Galaxy Note and am generally happy with it. It does not have any branding or software from a cell phone operator on it.

Do you have any hints?

+1 i have tried every possible trick and would not sync!!!
also try to enter a recurring event/calendar and see what happens...disaster!

i personally think, android is mot 100% compatible with active sync...except the email part works fine

gghiq

Dec 8, 2010
It worked fine on my galaxy s 2.
It also works perfectly with all Apps that offer tasks exchange sync!

So it is definitely not Android.
Should we try to go to Samsung support?

gdayhtc

Jul 24, 2008
Sydney
I agree, I did not have a problem with galaxy sii it worked fine...wow also has HTC sensation and works perfectly

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Loftus

Mar 14, 2008
Wellington
Hi,

Do you have any hints?

I have my Note set up to sync mail, calendar, contacts and tasks with a corporate Exchange server. I hadn't bother checking tasks until I saw your message.

Looked in S-planner (under Tasks tab) and they're all there...

Not sure what you problem could be.

imranuk

Feb 3, 2005
Preston
I have SBS 2008 at the office. I must say I have problems syncing tasks. At first they didn't show up.

Because I am in the office most of the day I only sync every hour, just to keep things up to date.

But tasks only started to show up when I changed to push. And now I've set it back to every hour it seems a bit hit and miss. I end up having duplicate tasks on my outlook in the office.

E mails & calendar seen fine. I'm not sure what the issue is. It seems a bit unreliable.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

zard

Jul 19, 2005
I have my Note set up to sync mail, calendar, contacts and tasks with a corporate Exchange server. I hadn't bother checking tasks until I saw your message.

Thanks for the tip. Just to add on, to get to the Tasks tab, at the top right, press the circle within it a > sign, and all the tabs are revealed.

zard

Jul 19, 2005

After being able to sync task from my corporate exchange account for a few days, it stopped working for me.

My tasks are categorise as "office" in outlook and in S-Planner, the equivalent is "default". Since it stopped working for me, I decided to change the category in outlook to default and some of my tasks appeared in S-Planner, not all of them. New task in outlook with default category some times could sync to S-Planner only, and vice versa from S--Planner to outlook. I can't get a consistent way to make them sync bi-directionally. Can you share your situation?

alex fung

Jul 3, 2009
I found that the tasks sync some times but not others. If the only change is in status (completion), it hardly ever syncs (and never from device to server). And I haven't ever seen it sync via push (or put it this way, I don't have the patience so I ended up manually syncing it again and again to see what happens).

Also, when tasks created on the device arrived at the server, the start date/time is lost. Makes them very difficult to locate.

At first I think it is an issue with all Androids, because google tasks do not support start date, but if it works on other models, then it is a Notes thing.

zard

Jul 19, 2005
I found that the tasks sync some times but not others. If the only change is in status (completion), it hardly ever syncs (and never from device to server). And I haven't ever seen it sync via push (or put it this way, I don't have the patience so I ended up manually syncing it again and again to see what happens).

Also, when tasks created on the device arrived at the server, the start date/time is lost. Makes them very difficult to locate.

At first I think it is an issue with all Androids, because google tasks do not support start date, but if it works on other models, then it is a Notes thing.

Which firmware version are you on? I'm on 2.3.5 KK1.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

beowulf6

May 17, 2007
bytewiese.de
i am having the same problem.

I used Windows Mobile for some years and now changed to android.

Syncing seems to be really a problem.

sometimes it didn't synced my Calendar, and it never synced my Tasks.
After i stopped trying to get it working i just got to bed and when i woke up there where all tasks synced.

Not sure when it syncs or why it is syncing only when it wants to do.

I am using Zarafa on a private server with Z-Push to sync over active-sync.

//Edit: Ok. it seems it is also syncing from my phone to the server.
But only automatic and not with the push on any sync button.

Has everyone enabled "Automatic Sync for Applications" in the System Settings?

Maybe that is the option that needs to be enabled because i think i first had it disabled?

Last edited:

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
Sadly, if you want Task to sync with Outlook/Exchange you are going to have to install MobileIron.

jackpalmer09

Nov 17, 2009
I have the exact problem.
Tasks only sync when it wanna.
Most of the time, it's blank.
Anyone tried to report to Sammy yet? If not, I will.

zard

Jul 19, 2005
I have the exact problem.
Tasks only sync when it wanna.
Most of the time, it's blank.
Anyone tried to report to Sammy yet? If not, I will.

Yes, I did but no leads yet. If you can do it from your end, it would be good. Hopefully that with more feedbacks from all over the world, HQ will do something about it.

BTW, do you have problem of "IRM not supported" ? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1375765 This is even more problematic for me because the only solution for me now is to delete and re-create my Exchange Activesync account.

jackpalmer09

Nov 17, 2009
I just wrote the Samsung on this issue.
This is such a shame for them to have this problem!!!
Galaxy S and S2 so far, as what I know, do not have similar issue.
Let's make it big so that they will act on this.

alex fung

Jul 3, 2009
Has anybody experienced loss in formatting or crlf in your task notes? Since I started using Galaxy Notes, I found that at least one of my tasks keep losing these two. Bold words lost their formats, and some lines are joint into one.

toglobalman

Jul 6, 2008
I have the same problem "IRM not supported", have to delete the account of "microsoft exchange server" and recreate it again and again to keep active sync. Call Samsung Hotline but no answer! Shame on SamgSung .... can't believe this High Tech PDA Phone will have such pushing mail problem! really shame!!!