Can I block certain Numbers?

Search This thread

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
I had to JB my iphones to ne able to block certain numbers from calling me or txing me.
Can I block individual numbers with my N3 (or install an app)

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
Need to add AT&T Smart Limits.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

No way am I paying $5 per month, that's BS !!!

I have 8 unwanted ATT apps on my phone right now !!! (and have to buy one/service to block a number)?

Locked boot loader, no CRs, no way to block individual numbers, low audio can only be fixed if rooted, and there's is other stuff that I forgot.

Not impressed by Android so far, (love the phone). Looks like I picked the wrong year to switch to android !!!
IOS 7 is JB, I hope I don't regret my decision to switch to android. :crying:

Delakit

Jul 7, 2012
St. Paul
What's the big deal? $5 a month really going to impact the rest of your life so drastically? Would you rather be on a limited unlimited network with terrible services, no customer service, lies, etc... The ROM I use let's me 'block'/ignore calls and texts. Not sure if your has that option.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Android is far better than iOS, IMO. Don't destroy your entire experience because of a company decision to charge for a feature.

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
Open call log , click on desired contact/number, once it opens press the menu button and add to reject list. Done

Roloracer on XNote 7 Note3

Thanks, you guys are great.

I made my own call rejection message, but I cannot find how to assign it to a contact?

Also, I see the number is blocked from calling, but what about sms, (which is where I am getting bothered by my x)

Last edited:

callawaymzgolf

Jun 10, 2009
I use Blacklist Pro from the Play Store. Its free and allows you to block any number from calls and text, as well as private and unknown numbers.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: XiphoneUzer

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
Thanks, you guys are great.

I made my own call rejection message, but I cannot find how to assign it to a contact?

Also, I see the number is blocked from calling, but what about sms, (which is where I am getting bothered by my x)

Did you even check message options? If you open your stock messenger, tap menu and settings, then tap more, there is a spam filter you can have off or on. If you turn it on you have to option to block specific numbers that send annoying text or spam. I mean it is massages that you say you want to block so messing with call blocking is pretty much pointless and you should have looked at message settings first.:good:

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
Did you even check message options? If you open your stock messenger, tap menu and settings, then tap more, there is a spam filter you can have off or on. If you turn it on you have to option to block specific numbers that send annoying text or spam. I mean it is massages that you say you want to block so messing with call blocking is pretty much pointless and you should have looked at message settings first.:good:

You are not following this thread too closely and have missed post 9 :)

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
I am just saying had he checked his message settings first. Or just Googled the topic, this entire thread would not be needed..

That 100% bullcrap.

I appreciate your help, but please don't say that about me.

I google, use search features on all sites, roam around in my own settings, BEFORE I ask questions on this board.

Please, please, please, do NOT put me in THAT category of (peeps who are too lazy to search), I am NOT one of them!
Especially since one of the regular senior members here suggested I had to pay att $5 per month for smart limits.

not only is this thread "needed", it should be made a "sticky"

Last edited:

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
That 100% bullcrap.

I appreciate your help, but please don't say that about me.

I google, use search features on all sites, roam around in my own settings, BEFORE I ask questions on this board.

Please, please, please, do NOT put me in THAT category of (peeps who are too lazy to search), I am NOT one of them!
Especially since one of the regular senior members here suggested I had to pay att $5 per month for smart limits.

not only is this thread "needed", it should be made a "sticky"

I did a Google search for "blocking messages of the note 3" and the first five hits all had the same information posted on post 9.

So maybe Google or whatever search engine you used in your region blocks some stuff. Or your search terms where not clear enough.

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, it's just took me maybe 3 minutes tops to find the information on Google with those terms.

http://www.google.com/#q=block+messages+on+note+3

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
I'm not trying to put you down or anything, it's just took me maybe 3 minutes tops to find the information on Google

You are fantastic! Clearly way better than me, (and I'm ok with that).
We should close this site down (and just use Google) !!!

As a matter of fact, why have any forums at all.
You and I both know you can google anything, so why bother having these sites. :rolleyes:

edit - guess how I found XDA Developers :wink:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts