[Q] Can't Boot - Tough Question

Search This thread

PeterBarnett

May 15, 2014
Hey there. So I'm new to XDA but not so much to flashing and what not. I often, however, do dumb tests that fail and brick my phone, but I always get it back. This one is a little tougher. Here are the details:

-HTC One (M8) T-Mobile

-Phone was unlocked and rooted (still unlocked, not sure about rooted), but S-On.

-Tried flashing a kernel with S-On. Turned out to be packaged in a recovery. Didn't go so well. Turning the device on always went straight to Fastboot mode.

-Eventually got Philz recovery installed. Tried sideloading a nandroid backup. No avail. Still booting straight to fastboot.

Any ideas? Not a genius, but I know my way around. Is there any 100% complete refresh coming straight from Fastboot?

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Go here, read, try it.

Look at last few posts as well concerning tmo

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52242287

I haven't read the thread in that link, but in my experience when it boots straight to recovery it means the boot image is corrupt or missing. Not sure if you can do this with s-on, but to get back to normal I flashed twrp then downloaded and flashed a stock nandroid backup, then flashed an OTA via TWRP. After that everything was back to normal.

umjammerlammy

May 2, 2014
I haven't read the thread in that link, but in my experience when it boots straight to recovery it means the boot image is corrupt or missing. Not sure if you can do this with s-on, but to get back to normal I flashed twrp then downloaded and flashed a stock nandroid backup, then flashed an OTA via TWRP. After that everything was back to normal.

Ah, yes.

This also would work.

Most likely he's got OS-